Sunday, 15 September 2013

It's OK, there are still 100 days to Christmas :-)


Hi everyone.  Hope you are all having a good weekend.

I am progressing well with the redecoration of Shannon's bedroom.  All the white work is now done and I am hoping to prime the walls on Monday and then hopefully by the end of the week, it will all be painted. Then all that will be left to do is make it her room once again, by adding all the little bits and pieces :-)

Anyways, I thought it was really good of me to remind you all that there are only 100 days until Christmas LOL! When I realised this, I thought wow, is that all!

Nikky has a fabulous new release at Polka Doodles, called Home for Christmas.  It is full to the brim with amazing digital images, both black/white and coloured.  A smorgasbord of coloured embellishments,  papers, shaper cards and even decoupage sheets.

*** A Home for Christmas CD Collection

I used this fabulous house image and made a shaped card with it, using my Silhouette Cameo.  


I just love this house and there are several in this new collection, along with scenes and ready to go cards. The sentiment is also from the CD, there are so many to choose from, so I added one that would fit perfectly.


I added Sakura Gelly Roll - Clear Stardust to the snowy areas of the houses and the hearts on the tree. The tree is coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers and popped up to add more dimension to the card.


The Spectrum Noir markers I used were;

Branches     CG2, DG3, JG6
Trunk          TN5, TN7
Hearts         CR11

For the inside of the card, I cut another of the same image and then in the Silhouette Design studio, was able to white out the house in front and add another sentiment, before cutting, and still leaving room to write your own message.


I am hoping to have some more fabulous examples for you over the coming weeks, this CD collection is £17.99 (approximately $30), with free shipping worldwide and with over 500 elements included in the collection, so worth every penny.


Enjoy you Sunday and thanks for stopping by everyone.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. This is just so gorgeous,love the fab shape.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These houses are perfect for this style of card. Great work. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this if fab. I so love this CD Rom it is the best one so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Karon. Glad to hear the decorating is coming along! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Karon. Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously A true BEAUTY!!!!!! Love Christmas and this card!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, love the shape and the design of it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon this is stunning, the coloring is just gorgeous, and what a terrific shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon-Karon-Karon!!! OMG, your shaped card is just fabulous!!! I love it!

    Hope you post Shannon's room once it finished; I know it's going to look beautiful!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a gorgeous card, Karon!! I absolutely love, love the shape!! This is so creative and festive and fun!! Stunning card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shape card is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE it. Such pretty colors. TFS
    Crafty hugs
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Karon, this is gorgeous!! Love the coloring.

    Glad the redecorating is coming along nicely.

    100 days! I can't believe it!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep the year is whizzing by! Adorable house card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card Karon! LOVE LOVE LOVE the design and those images are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty card, and such a fun shape.
    My "don't want to say the word" cards have houses on them as well for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly a work of ART here my friend. Love the design, and that it is a shaped card. LOVE IT!!!!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh...what a fabulous card...love the shape and the colouring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. eek! 100 days! thats only 14 weekends! it sounds scary when you look at it like that!

    LOve the cool shaped card too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...a super creative and fabulous card!!! And thanks for the reminder....where does the time go???

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card, love the coloring of the tree. I can't believe the holidays are just around the corner already.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - this card is absolutely stunning! I love the shape and all the beautiful details. Love the glitter, the depth and dimension. Beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable card design.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! This is gorgeous, Karon. Well done!
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my! That card is simply fabulous. The shape, the colors, the design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Karon... Christmas cards are always nearest and dearest to my heart... this card just added a plethora of sparkle to my night. :o) I love the card shape you made for these fantastic images. What a statement it makes! I adore the heart-decorated tree. :o) Absolutely love creation! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. brilliantly designed Karon! love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...