Monday, 30 September 2013

Oh no - A bit of Life number 2!!

Hi everyone.  Guess what - I'm at it again.  This week, I am going to be busy, busy, busy.

It's Emily's turn to have her room painted, so I thought I would share the room before with you.

Here are some pictures, before I started taking everything down and out.


Picture the lilac curtains that are now in Shannon's made over room :-)  I would not have hung yellow curtains in this room, they were just there for the week before I get started.  They will, however fit really nicely with her new colour choice.  And another before.


Spent yesterday, removing pictures, shelves and sticky wall decorations oh and the curtains.


Also removed every bit of furniture, except the bed base! 


You maybe wondering where all that furniture is!!  Well it is in my bedroom - I will not be showing you a picture, it looks like a bomb has hit it!

This will all be taped up and all the white work (baseboards, window frames, closet doors) repainted today. Then tomorrow will start painting the walls.  A lot less work involved in this room, not so much on the walls and no major repairs needed.

So catch up with you round blog land.  I do hope to have a post for you on Wednesday for here and The Bug Bytes, as it's my monthly visit there to share something.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of life with me.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. You have been busy!!! Can not wait to see her room all finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the end results will be just as pretty..... How nice to have newly painted and re-deco made up for the holidays..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet that Emily can hardly wait. I'll wish you happy painting and stress free days while I wait patiently til Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy but it's going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Karon you really have the bit between your teeth...you mad woman!!
    Can't wait to see the result! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon, you've definitely had your hands full recreating your daughter's rooms. They must be thrilled to have a mom as talented as you!!! Can't wait to see the end results!!! It'll be an awesome room when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karon, the hard work will definitely pay off and result in another gorgeous room! I can't wait to see it and hope you enjoy the madness! :o) Your kiddos are so blessed to have a hard-working mom! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a busy bee.....can't wait to see the results.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Looking forward to the reveal! I know its going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing the room complete! It took us the entire summer to do both our daughter's rooms, and we are still working on the last minutes things! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curious of her paint colour :)
    Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be doing this same thing for a young man in my house soon.....not looking forward to the mess but it will be worth it....can't wait to see your finished work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, you are on a roll and I can't wait to see it complete:) Have fun and have a great evening:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece!

    ~hugs~

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have fun! A coat of paint really can transform a room!

    ReplyDelete
  16. too fun Karon!
    we're doing the same here...but in several rooms all at once! I love giving rooms a fresh look with paint!
    I never think to take before photos though!
    enjoy your week!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can' wait to see her room all finished Karon, have fun.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy painting Karon.....you sure a busy bee! I love painting too :) Look forward to seeing the finished room !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish I had your ambition to paint a room. I'm sure it will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to see the end result!
    xxx Asha Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. isn't it amazing how big the rooms look without any STUFF in them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bet Emily's room will look just as wonderful as Shannon's does.
    Have fun with it.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl, you are really into these room makeovers. Can't wait to see this room finished.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Having painted quite a few rooms in my time, I feel for you, but I have no doubt it will turn out as gorgeous and Shannon's room!! Can't wait to see the afters!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...