Thursday, 31 October 2013

And Halloween is done!

Hi everyone.  Happy Halloween.

I wanted to have a final play with the Halloween stuff yesterday and decided to make a sign for the end of Halloween when there is no more candy left.

Jill of Every Day is an Occasion, featured my Boo Banner this passing Sunday - thank you so much Jill for your kind words.  Whilst having a look around her blog I came across a link to Making Life Whimsical and a fabulous link to some freebie printables.  Now I didn't use the printables but I did love the wording for the creation below.


The images are all from Miss Kate Cuttables. The Stacked Jack O Lanterns and then the spiders webs and bats were from the Halloween Words Set.  They are in the 50c part of the store, but I was lucky enough to pick them up when they were the freebie of the day :-)  Thank you Kate for your generosity.


I cut everything using my Silhouette Cameo and sized everything so it would fit on this 8" by 10" artist board.

The font, off my computer, is called Showcard Gothic.  I used the offset feature to create a framed background to the words.


The background paper was from a DCWV 12" by 12" stack called The Halloween and Fall stack.  I added some silver Sakura Gelly Roll pen around the letters and then some white gel pen on the webs and bats for highlighting.


Some purple and orange ribbon to finish off and to hang.  I used my We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile to punch through the artist board.

I'm not sure if I am 100% happy with the finished result, but it will do :-)

A short and sweet post - I hope you are all having a fabulous week.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting everyone.

28 comments:

  1. This is great,lovely colours and fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome Karon!!! Love this fun sign!!!!
    Happy Halloween my friend! Hope you have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon, this is a really great door sign. I need this for when I run out of candy tonight. I love all the detail in it, its super cute!

    Have a nice night!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and practical project! Here's hoping for lots of Trick-or-Treaters at your house tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea. This sign is adorable. You used great cuts. Love the black pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous! Wow - I love the bold, rich colors and the fun images. Those little pumpkins are super cute. This is such a great idea - love it! Happy Halloween to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of candy!! Oh, no! Love the stacked pumpkins - this is a darling sign!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous!! I feel sorry for the kids that don't get any candy, but what an awesome way to let them know!! Love, love it my friend!! Happy Halloween :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out of candy?! Oh you naughty girl! Last year I ran out of chocs and ended up giving the kids apples and pears. They were not happy! Love that sign, fab colours and sun fun details too. Happy All Hallows!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, this is such a clever and wonderful project! The design is fantastic and if there's any way to make someone smile at the sight of no candy, it's this marvelous sign! Beautifully done, my friend! I hope you're having a lovely night. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea, and an awesome project.
    We got about 60 kids tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun! Love those cobwebs!
    P/s: I love the Freebie of the Day at Kate's.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! hope you had a great halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is AMAZING! Spooky cute & Super Fun!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being featured over at Jill's. What a cute and creative sign. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Karon!! I love all the detail, that cobweb is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your feature at Jill's!
    The sign is perfect.
    We didn't get any trick or treaters again this year.
    Our porch light is a sensor one so we can't leave it on as a signal.
    I think I need to make a yard sign that says Trick or treaters welcome for next year.
    Hope your Halloween was a fun one.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great Halloween sign, super fun. Congratulations on being featured

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative Karon, love the Halloween theme and fun design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute sign and great idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is such a cute idea Karon, love your design with all the fun jack o lantern faces!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh Karon, I love it! Great design.......fabulous detail! Congratulations on your feature, well deserved! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it's fabulous just the way it is!! Love the idea of a no more candy sign, too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! Karon this is a fabulous idea! Love it. i hope you are doing well and do is your hubby:) Thank you for stopping by:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH NOOOOO...not the dreaded Out of Candy sign!!! That's a truly brilliant idea though. Sometimes turning off the porch light, digging a moat and barricading the door isn't enough....LOL. Love the way you think! Hope you're doing well. I'm off to see more that I've missed.
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Karon this is so so cute! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...