Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Back, well sort of!

Hi everyone.  So, I am back at home after my extended stay in Winnipeg with Andy.  He is doing OK, albeit still a little bit delicate.  We are both glad that it is all over and that he is now on the road to recovery!

Thanks for all your well wishes for Andy - he really did appreciate everyones comments :-)

My journey back was way better than going out!  I dosed myself up on travel sickness tablets and was so glad when they said we were boarding as I am sure I would have fallen asleep in the airport lounge (at the gate at least) if they had been any longer.  I dozed most of the flight and finally hit terra firma in one piece :-)

So no good on planes, boats and back seats of cars!  No wonder I prefer to drive.  Hmmmmm!  Perhaps I should learn to fly the plane LOL!

My good friend met me at the airport, so I didn't need to take a taxi home - another relief.

The girls were so pleased to see me, don't think I have been given big sqwudges (huge squeezing hugs) like that in a long time :-)

I have to admit it was a nice feeling being home, although I did try and convince Andy to maybe come home for a week.  But, no, he will be home on the 8th Nov to see us all :-)

I had to do a little bit of crafting in my craft room yesterday.  Had to, being the operative word!  I had a DT project to get done for Friday's challenge and the deadline to get it into the draft was yesterday.

Luckily, I had chance to play with Silhouette Design Studio whilst I was away, so all I really had to do, was print, cut and put it together :-)

Would you like to see a little sneak peek?

No, yes - well here you go :-)  (Before you compliment me on my amazing colouring skills - it is a pre- coloured image :-0 )


Hmmm!  Do you think it might have something to do with Christmas LOL! 

Have a fabulous week everyone.  See you back on Friday.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it back in one piece :)
    Your project looks awesome!! Your coloring is fab...LOL JK I know you said it is precolored :) Anyways the colors look amazing! Such a cute image!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all is well with you and especially with hubby. Love your showcasing, it's very pretty even pre-colored....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are a bit better, I love this Karon
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are home safely and Andy is on the mend!! Your sneak is so awesome!! I can't wait to see the entire project!! The image is adorable!!

    Did you get a chance to stop by the Craftin Desert Diva's blog to see the winners of the Spooktacular Halloween Blog Hop?? You won the prize from my blog!! Happy Wednesday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll take you back, even if it is at 1/2 speed for a little while. Nothing wrong with taking small breaks. The sneak looks like you're back to your old tricks though. Looking forward to Friday (for many reasons)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS- Congrats on the win. I'll be looking for that blinkie- what will you come up with?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a better trip home and a great welcoming! Hmmm...I like what I see on your sneak peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it back in one piece and that Andy is doing well.
    Glad the girls welcomed you so sweetly because you deserve it!
    Love you sneak peak. TFS.
    You are the best my friend.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad all is going well. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to know that everyone is well......
    Love this sneak peak!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy you're back and that the return trip was much better, my dear friend! It is a relief to know that Andy is well on his way to being healthier than ever. :o) Your sneak looks so whimsical and cheery... I'm excited to see it in full. :o) Have a happy night, Karon! Lots of hugs for you all!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing your completed project.
    Glad you made it home safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sneak peek is looking pretty fabulous there my friend! I look forward to seeing the entire project. So happy to hear that your return trip was not as dramatic as your first flight! Also happy to hear that you hubby is well on the way to recovery. Get busy in your craft room and it will be Nov 8th before you know it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to backtrack to find out about your husband. Glad he's recovering and you're back home. I can't wait to see the full reveal on your sneak peek. I'm now a Cameo owner and I'm running to the Sil Store to check out that little Santa. He's adorable. Of course, I'm so new at the Cameo print and cut is the only thing I'm good at!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you are home safely Karon and Andy is on the mend. I don't own a Silhouette but the Holiday theme is sure cute. Now you have my Curiosity working overtime.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you're home safe. Can't wait to see your project!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. My have you had quite the ordeal! I'm looking forward to seeing your project!! Glad to hear things are looking up for you and your husb!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you got home safely. Sleeping on the flight does help eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you are back safely. Your sneak preview is fabulous my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...