Friday, 11 October 2013

Boo! I said BOO!

Hi every one.  It's Friday, yay!  Andy comes home tonight for the long weekend.  It's Thanksgiving for us here in Canada so we will be spending some family time together.

My girls are off school today and Monday, so they have a nice little break.

It's the start of another challenge at Polka Doodles today, and what happens at the end of the month, well Halloween of course.  So our challenge theme this week is Halloween.

I decided to make a banner for my little bit of inspiration for you this week.


I used my Silhouette Cameo and a pennants file from Birds Cards that can be found here.  I did elongate it to make it fit how I wanted it.  I used the new 2013 Witchie Witchie download bundle and Witchie Digi stamp for my banner.

I first printed off the papers and then cut them.  I inked all the edges of all the layers.  The coloured ones were inked in purple and I used white on the edges of the black base layer.

Here is a close up of the witch and underneath I have listed the Spectrum Noir markers I used.


Pumpkin         OR1, GB2, GB5
Hair                IG1, IG2, IG3, IG5, IG8
Skin                LG1, LG2, DG1
Hat/Cloak       IG8, IG10
Clothes/Trim
and Belt          LV1, LV2, LV3
Boots              TN5, TN7

For the letters, I used a font off my computer called Arial Black and cut them with my Cameo.


Now remember, we have changed the rules at Polka Doodles.  You can now enter as many other challenges as you like along side Polka Doodles and enter as many times as you like :-)  Also we draw a winner using Random Org for the top prize and then the DT will also pick a top 3.

You have until Sunday, October 20th (12pm GMT) to enter.  Come on, you all must be busy getting ready for Halloween - so get on over to Polka Doodles and enter!

This is being entered in the following challenges.

Decorate to Celebrate - Challenge #61: Halloween (closes 15 Oct)

2 Creative Chicks - Challenge #7: Halloween (closes 31 Oct)

Craft Mojo - October Challenge: Halloween (closes 28 Oct)

Crafty Calender Challenge - October Challenge: Halloween (closes 1 Nov)

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #16: Halloween Theme (closes 31 Oct)

Kitty Bee Designs - Aloha Friday Challenge #10: Halloween (closes 25 Oct)

Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Linky Party (closes 18 Oct)

DL.ART - Thankful Thursday October Linky Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 Oct)

Five Simple Things - Inspire Me Fridays #124: Anything Goes (closes 18  Oct)

Every Day is an Occasion - Sunday Funday #14 (closes 31 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

49 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous banner.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bunting Karon, I like the papers and the image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool project for halloween!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fabulous Banner!! Boo you said indeed!!! I love this banner!! the image is really great too...
    So very pretty!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome banner!!!! LOVE the colors and designs!!
    FAB job Karon!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great banner...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable banner. Love the papers and the witch is fabulous.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! Love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Wishing you the most glorious time ever with your family!
    Your banner is ADORABLE! TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, I love it!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend with your family.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the orange and purple together. Great banner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you getting into the holiday spirit! Your witch is such a nice touch- love her hair! Great banner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so awesome, Karon!! I love the colors and that fabulous witch!! You colored her so beautifully!! Love her hair!! You did a fabulous job as always my friend!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with Andy!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love your banner. Great colors for Halloween. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Beautiful banner & the GORGEOUS witch!! AWESOME job my friend!!!

    Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bunting is awesome Karon hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous banner Karon, what wonderful colors and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Halloween card! Thanks for joining at Craft Mojo: Halloween
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this! What a fun, colorful banner. I really like the scalloped edges and that beautiful pop of purple. Your little witch is cute as can be and you colored her up fabulously! So happy for you and your family - I know you are so excited to have your hubby home. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this super cute banner thank you for joining us at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family, Karon! I hope you have a beautiful weekend together. :o) Your banner is wonderful! I love the bright, yet rich, colors. The scalloped panels are so pretty and you did an amazing job coloring the witch. :o) Fantastic project, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEAUTIFUL BANNER GREAT JOB COLORING THE CUTE LITTLE IMAGE I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #119 PUMPKIN !! challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colorful banner. Love all the purple. Your witchy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your banner is awesome.
    I love the coloured image you did, such a cute witch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow a fun banner! I love those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your banner is beautiful Karon, I love the purple and orange and the witch image is so cute. I quickly googled the Anita's Calendar tabs and on ebay at this seller there is still available http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/131009765267?lpid=87, hope this help.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OOooh...so fun! Have a fabulous weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great little banner!

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Karon! Thanks for sharing in our Halloween Challenge this month. I hope you enjoyed playing along with us, and that you'll stop by again in November.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful Banner and image .Thank you for joining us at KittyBees with our Halloween challenge, Tania xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow fabulous banner I love your witch she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super banner Karon, I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome banner! Love the first letter with that great witch image! Thanks for playing with us at Kitty Bee Designs
    *Hugs, Niki
    www.notjustgreetingshawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Karon this is such a beautiful banner and I love the papers on it:) The coloring on the cute witch is so amazingly done!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, Karen, that's some AWESOME banner!!! Love the little witch and that great paper!!! You did a fantastic job on this banner, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. beautiful banner Karon, wow, this is really stunning hun! love everything about it!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Thanksgiving Karon. Love your banner and the little witch is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can I say wicked cuteness???? Love it! Callyann

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow that is amazing Karon! Great job! Lot's of work too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow.......great banner, love the witch, great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great work thanks for joining in our challenge at Craft Mojo Sue Dt xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a darling Boo Banner - love the image you added to the B!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous banner. Love the cute image and the great colours

    ReplyDelete
  44. THanks for linking this up to Every Day is an Occasion. I featured it today on Sunday Funday! Happy Sunday! SMiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your project it is so much fun, thank you for joining us at Craft Mojo.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...