Tuesday, 29 October 2013

I'm Bad - but Good(ish) :-)

Hi everyone.  How are you all doing?  I hope that this finds you all well and busy crafting, and blogging.

I am sooooo bad!

Yesterday was Andy and I's 18th Anniversary and with all the upheaval of the last few weeks, I have to admit that I forgot to make or even send a card :-(

However, I had a brainstorm (for me this is great) I could make a card and send it as an E-card, of sorts, so this is what I did.  So, I'm bad, but good(ish) LOL!

He really liked it and I have to admit that I was happy with the result.


On Sunday, I did try and attempt to make something, however after 4 hours in the craft room and tearing up 3 attempts I decided I would be better off just walking away, so I did :-(

Today, I decided to start the day off with a little colouring and decided to use the fabulous Gus and Stella by Bugaboo stamps.  The sentiment on the inside of the card comes with the digi :-)

So, this is what I emailed Andy (I am going to post it on to him today).


I have been wanting to colour this image for a while, and this was the ideal opportunity.  I used my Cuttlebug and the Spellbinders Labels 8 die to cut out the image, which is coloured with Spectrum Noir markers.  The numbers I used to colour the image are below.


Hair - Gus - BG6
Hair - Stella - TN3, TN5
Skin - TN2, FS2
Glasses/Vest/Socks - IG1
Shorts - TB3, TB4
Dress - IB1, IB2
Slippers - TN3, TN4
Heart - D3

The Happy Anniversary stamp is from a Hero Arts Stamp set, and stamped in teal coloured ink.  The papers are from a 6" by 6" pack by Basic Grey, called Serenade.  I inked all the edges of all the layers with the teal ink.


I popped up the image on some foam dots for dimension and then added some brads to the side of the sentiment.

For the inside, I just had to use the sentiment that came with the stamp!


Isn't that sentiment just perfect LOL :-)  I printed it on printer paper first, then positioned the card stock on the printer paper and then printed it again. 

And there you have it, my card for Andy :-)

I hope to be getting back to normal this week.  Andy is much improved and almost 100% better.  Are you all ready for Halloween?  Thanks for your continued support and friendships everyone.

This card is being entered into the following challenges.

Sister Act Card Challenge #30: Always Anything Goes (closes 31 Oct)

Scribble & Scrap Blog & Challenge - Challenge #4: Always Anything Goes (closes 8 Nov)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #32: Anything Goes (closes 8 Nov)

Craftin Desert Diva's Craft it Up & Link it Up Linky Party #18: Anything Goes (closes 10 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Anniversary Kate. This card is so adorable, I love the cute image and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Karon! This is just the perfect card to send Andy. Here to many many blissfully annoying years together! :-)
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Karon...love that sentiment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Karon, I like the image and the sentiment lol.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    Fabulous card...love the humour.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. Your card is great; bet it made him laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card...happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Great idea and what a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job, Karon. I know how things these days can sneak up on you. Good on you for getting something done. That image is precious- 18 years- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary to you and Andy!! Here's to many more happy years!! Your card is so sweet!! That image is adorable!! You colored it perfectly!! So fun my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to you both! I wish you a lifetime of sparkly joy together! :o) Your card is both sweet and funny.. which is just perfect! The image is wonderful and so beautifully colored! Lovely idea to send first as an e-card.. lots of love to you both!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! And I love your card. I think you did good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun card! Love the image and great coloring!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Have a nice day.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy big anniversary... Love the card and I"m sure hubby got a kick when he got it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary !!!!!
    That was a great idea to email him your card :)
    And such a cute and fun card it is...love the sentiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary - and such a fun card. Our anniversary is tomorrow (Halloween) and I have to run make a card for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL!!! This card is the best and LOVE that sentiment.
    I will have to use it when the hubs and I celebrate our 34th anniversary in April.
    (geesh I'm a gettin' old)
    That image is priceless.
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY my friend.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun and Beautiful card!! Love the funny sentiment!!! Happy Anniversary to you & hubby!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Be-lated anniversary to your and Andy!! OMG! I LOVE the image to darn cute and funny:) Have a wonderful Halloween my friend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I'm late with this but Happy Anniversary to you and Andy I hope his recovery s going well. Love the card. The image is too cute and our coloring is fabulous.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super fun card ! Great for your Anniversary !!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craftin ' Desert Divas !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, love the image, thankyou for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge - hugs Lynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. Just love the image and the fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, happy anniversary (late, but still with sincerity) You two read like a perfect couple :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...