Friday, 25 October 2013

Up on the roof top ! Ho Ho Ho!

Hi everyone.  I am hoping soon to get back to normal.  After my trip to Winnipeg (which was extended a little), I was pretty much wiped out.

I did have the chance to play with Silhouette Design Studio whilst I was away though, and got everything prepared so that I could make the creation below.  All I had to do earlier this week, was then cut it all out and prepare it all and make the scene.

Another challenge starts this week at Polka Doodles, can you believe we are in Week 43.  The theme this week is, well you probably have already guessed, Christmas :-)

I showed you a little sneak peek earlier in the week too.


All the images and the background scene are all from the new Polka Doodles Home for Christmas CD. I used the pre-coloured images off the CD and my Silhouette Cameo to cut all the pieces out, using the print and cut feature in Design Studio.


First I printed out the background scene to 8" by 10" to make it the same size as an artist board.  I cut some slits to push some acetate strips through to the back, then secured the scene print out to the board.  The acetate was then secured to the back of the Santa and reindeer to make them stand out from the background scene.


The houses on the background, were printed and cut out separately.  I added some Sakura gelly roll pen to the snow on them and then placed them on some foam tape to add a little dimension.

The Church and trees were cut and then, I added some glitter this time.  I also added some little paper stands to the back of these so I could stand them on the fake snow and in front of the background to make my own little Christmas display.


I am so pleased with how this came out and will definitely have it on display this Christmas :-)

So now it is your turn to get creating and go along and enter this week at Polka Doodles.  We now pick a winner using Random org each week and the DT choose a Top 3.  Prizes, prizes prizes.

Also, letting you know that there is a new weekly challenge (in addition to the regular weekly challenge) at Polka Doodles called Digi Choosday. Every Tuesday there will be another challenge for you to take part in, offers and great prizes.  So make sure to stay tuned for those.

I am entering this project into the following challenges.

Five Simple Things: Inspire me Fridays #126 - Anything Goes (closes 31 Oct)

Papertake Weekly Challenge: Oh Christmas Tree (include a tree on your card/project) (closes 29 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Words fail me Karon!! That is a fantastic project, you clever thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karon this is stunning!!! Love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome awesome awesome. You are one heck of a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow...this is stunning! You rock my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! This is AWESOME!!! Such a GREAT project Karon!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great display, Karon. I love how you've embellished just a little- enough to make it stand out. That Silhouette is one fancy piece of equipment and you've used it to great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! WOW! this is GORGEOUS Karon, OMG! very well done my friend:) I hope hubby is recovery well. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me such sweet comments!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is fabulous. Wow! That's all I can say! Just Wow, wow, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Karon, this is just gorgeous! it looks absolutely fab!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh, this is amazing, Karon!! Wow, I am in awe!! I love the scene you've created!! It's perfect for Christmas!! This is truly spectacular my friend!! Love, love it!! I hope Andy is feeling better every day!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! The scene reminds me of a Christmas Story...AWESOME job my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Karon this is amazing. Love it and the way the art just jumps out at you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Karon this is BEAUTIFUL. TFS.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen this is amazing!
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out beautifully.
    Love all the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Karon what an incredible scene, I don't even know where to begin.....I love EVERYTHING here, it is so, so full of incredible detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your project is beautiful and amazing Karon, I love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon, this is truly spectacular! I was away for the weekend for a wedding and am delighted to return to this stunning project! :o) The entire scene is full of whimsy and beauty... and every little detail is wondrous. This will be adored by all who see it on display over the holidays! Fantastic work! I hope Andy is feeling better every single day!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Christmas display is amazing! Love how it all pops off the background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh. This is one spectacular scene!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh this is fabulous Karon.......what a pretty scene you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  23. whoa karon!! this is epic! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous Karon. You have created a most beautiful scene. I love it. Will make a wonderful display for the holidays.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...