Tuesday, 19 November 2013

A Quick Gift Card!

Hi everyone, its me!  LOL!  How are you all?  It is my turn to share a little something over at She's A Sassy Lady and of course, here with you all.

I was catching up on some blog reading the other day and the Scrapbook Blessings Club challenge this time was to make a gift card following their tutorial.

Now, my mojo has been missing in action for a while now, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make something and share with you all.


This was so easy to put together and their video tutorial, to make this great gift card holder, is fab.

The papers are a new Recollections card stock pack called Christmas and contains, three satin finished patterned papers and 2 matt papers. They are beautiful.


The snowflakes were cut out using my Silhouette Cameo and a file from Designs On Cloud 9, called Snowflakes Galore.  I cut them out of some cream satin finish papers.  


To add some depth to the papers, I added some of the snowflakes flat.  Some were cut in half and a couple were popped up, along with the sentiment to add dimension.

For the inside I did the same papers and there you can see where the gift card is.  I did add a little bit of sticky to the inside fold (to the left of the gift card) just to secure the fold.


I wish you could see the lovely sheen of those papers - they really are beautiful.

I am so sorry I have not been about much.  I am trying to catch up on some blog visiting and hope to have a few more post to share with you.  

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Scrapbook Blessings Club - Challenge #6: Twisted Gift Card Holder  (closes 29 Nov)

Clear it Out Challenge Blog - Challenge Anything Goes: Put a snowflake on your card (closes 2 Dec)

Creative Corner Challenges - Challenge Let it Snow  (closes 21 Nov)


Silhouette Challenges - Challenge #7: Anything Holiday (closes 30 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. What a great shape Karon, makes a lovely change from square!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fancy design to your gift card holder.... Gorgeous Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous & gorgeous & I love gift cards holders!!! It's the one way we can make an "impersonal" gift more personal. Now in my opinion they aren't impersonal because the person gets to choose what they would like... Lol !! ;))
    But, anyway --- your design is fab !!
    Thank you for following my blog!!
    I have a candy up on a recent post if you are interested. :)) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Karon. I love all the shots you took of it from different angles. The addition of the die cut snowflakes is brilliant. I may have to get myself one of those fancy cutting machines one of these days or years.
    Blessings for a wonderful day,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the unique shape!! The paper looks so amazing!! What a fabulous gift card holder!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowflakes really gives a special touch. I don't think anyone would suspect the gift inside with the non-conventional gift card holder shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Karon, I like the shape, the colours and the snowflakes.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply BEAUTIFUL!!! love the uniqueness of this gift card holder...
    Have a wonderful day my creative friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Gift Card Holder is beautiful Karon, I love the gorgeous paper and the snowflake dies compliment it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Karon, I really like the shape & style of the gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card! LOVE the shape!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous - what a beautiful shape! And, I love the pretty papers and snowflakes - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome gift card!! Love the design! Have a great day...my mojo is waaaaay off these days. LOL!!! Bring on the holidays I say!

    Have a great day Karon!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous shape. I've never seen it before. It really is an elegant presentation with that beautiful paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, this is lovely! What a unique shape.. and so beautifully designed (of course)! The papers are stunning and I love the dimension you created with the snowflakes. So realistic. The interior is equally wonderful and I'm sure this will be loved by the recipient! I'm sorry your Mojo has been missing, but it looks like it's well on its way back because this is gorgeous. Mine is missing at the moment, largely because I'm worried about time. :( I don't know how it's this late into November... Anyway, I hope you're doing well, feeling sparkly, and have a happy night! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I LOVE this. Love the colors. Love the design. Thanks for the link. I'm heading there next to check it out.
    Hugs,
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty! I love the unique shape!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stylish way to give a gift card. Love those snowflakes.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! Love the papers you used! Thanks for playing along with us at SBC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous shape for a gift card holder, I love it Karon!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! The shape is fabulous! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome gift card holder.

    Thanks for sharing
    Carolyn
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...