Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Another Christmas Tree :-)

Hi everyone.  I am sharing with you all here today and also over at The Bug Bytes, for my monthly visit.  Thanks so much for putting up with me, Pam :-)

I decided to have a play around with the Silhouette Design Studio.  So after a couple of hours - yep a couple of hours or so LOL and messing around with triangles and different measurements I came up with this layered tree.


The tree is made up of four layers.  All I did was layer them together, but only secured down the centres. Then, just turn up the sides a bit to give the tree a little dimension.


I do have cut file available (my first ever), but I have no idea how to add it to the post.  If you are at all interested in receiving it, you can email me (click on my profile on my blog) and I would be more than happy to send it to you.


The backing paper was from my stash, and I'm sure it is probably from a Recollections stack but I couldn't find the top - sorry!  The rest of the papers are from a Recollections 12" by 12" stack called Bright Christmas.  I inked all the edges of all the papers.


I added some extra stamped snowflakes to the background and also the Merry Christmas stamp.  Then I added some holographic snowflakes and star on the top of the tree, with pop dots.


For the inside, I used the same papers as the front, stamping four small snowflakes in the corners of the centre panel.

Don't forget if you would like to have the Design Studio cut file that I made, please feel free to email me and I will gladly send it on.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Super awesome card Karon! LOVE how that tree looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layered tree!!!! Darling card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card,love the gorgeous tree and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Christmas tree, what a cute card Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tree - I love the pretty layers! And, look at you - creating your own cut files!! Way to go lady! I am totally impressed and so not brave enough to give it a try. I love the way you used your fun background paper, the cute snowman is just perfect for your card. I really love this sweet, fun card. Hope you have a wonderful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable, Karon. Now we're going to be looking for new cut files. Congrats on your first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Karon and those primary colour papers are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever and the effect is sweet. I love that each tree is slightly smaller than the one beneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Karon!! The tree looks amazing!! You did such a fabulous job with it!! The snowman is adorable!! What a fun card my friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous christmas card Karon, love the tree!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That background paper is perfect. Looks like Mr. Snowman is really enjoying his tree. I love the tree. Great layers and dimension. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Karon what a beautiful Christmas card. I love the dimension on the tree, I must try it:) Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Karon, I love your tree, the colours and the snowman
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, the tree turned out great! One of these days I build up the courage to play with our Silhouette, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card.
    I love the dimension to your tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous chrimbo card and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love your dimensional tree! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon, that's wonderful what you did to bring the card even more dimension. I think your layered tree is perfect and the papers coordinate beautifully. The sledding snowman is just the perfect addition to this Christmas card. Can't wait for winter...honestly I can't. Please remind me I said this when I start griping about it later.... ;)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Karon, another great tree. Love the dimension. You always come up with such fabulous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your tree. It looks amazing. Love that design paper. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon, this is bursting with Christmas cheer! You did an amazing job with the tree and I love the colorful snowflakes and sweet designer paper. Beautifully done, my friend! :o) I always love that you make the interiors pretty, too. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Love the papers and layering on the tree. The snowman is too cute,
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the layering here! This looks amazing Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love tactile cards...and this is just perfect. Such a fun creation!.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...