Friday, 8 November 2013

Christmas Countdown :-)

Hi everyone.  How has your week been?  We are going to have a lovely weekend, as Andy comes home tonight.  So a time to catch up with some cuddles and family time.

Just as a little reminder - I know you would all like to know - there are only 46 days left to Christmas!!!

Start of a new challenge week at Polka Doodles this week and the theme is Use a Tag.  Now, the brief for the DT this week was to use three or more tags in our creations. Do you think I went a bit overboard with 25?  LOL  :-)


My advent calender is on a 12" by 16" canvas, all the papers and embellishments are from the new A Home for Christmas CD.  The Calender numbers are from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to print and cut all the embellishments.  The are all popped up on foam dots to add dimension.  I printed all my papers double sided first, then cut out the tags.  Then I added all the embellishments and dates.  I added some holly and candy canes to the dates.


I inked all the edges of all the tags, front and back; added some Sakura Gelly Roll stardust to each of the little embellishments.


Also showing the bottom half and as you can see the last one to be turned over will show little old Santa :-)


When I started this project - I had something pictured in my mind.  Not sure if I like the finished result completely, I feel it looks a little tacky, oh well take the good with the bad eh!  I seem to be in a creative slump at the moment - think I am missing Andy more than I realise lately and finding it hard to craft.  I need something to focus on and ideas, so if you have any please let me know :-)  Maybe throw me a challenge :-)

So, I expect you are all busy creating and crafting for Christmas, so why not go along and enter this weeks Use a Tag challenge.

Also there is a special offer on at Polka Doodles at the moment.  And don't forget, any orders over £10 (approx $17) is free shipping worldwide!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

34 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous Karon, I love all the images the tartan papers the wee pegs and the ribbon.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karon, that is fantastic and must have been a labour of love!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Karon you have been busy! Your Christmas count down is just fabulous.....love all the detail, super cute images too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Karon!! WOW I love this!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend with the hubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this gorgeous advent calender.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project Karon!! I love it! I'm working on one as well. Hope it pans out...taking longer than I thought. Whew! Hope all is well with you and the family.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome project....and a ton of work! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unique project Karon, love each and every tag for the days left...... Seems like a lengthy project to accomplished, LOL! Enjoy your hugs and quality time as a family.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Karon! You crafters with these fancy machines are lucky, I have an Ebosser but only one set of tags in different sizes. So it's one at a time here so 3 was enough! lol Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and Brandy suffer the same. I've often mentioned- because you have a vision in your head and it didn't quite work out the tendency is to not like the final result and to look at it through critical eyes. My first impression of this project was Wow! You've spent a lot of time creating something that is charming and so functionally wonderful. I never once thought tacky! Just keep on crafting, the blues will pass and you'll get your old mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Karon. It is fantastic. I like what Andie said. It is charming and will be a lot of fun to use, year after year.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Advent calendars and yours is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the design and the images you used!! I don't think it's tacky at all - I love it!! I'm so glad Andy will be home this weekend!! I hope you have a great one my friend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing advent calendar! Such a lot of work - each tag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Karon, this isn't tacky at all! I love this take on a Christmas countdown... every tag is filled with festive whimsy and sweetness! The red and green plaid background is lovely and the gorgeous bow on top. Beautiful project, my friend! Enjoy your time with Andy! I'm so glad you get to see him. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Karon what a stunning creation! makes a fabulous advent calendar!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute. Love the red and green.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Karon, that is fabulous. Love the pictures on each number. Very cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've been busy with this one4. This is fabulous. I love Advent calendars. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful calendar. Love all the images you used. Love it
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super countdown calendar Karon!! I love the papers you used and all of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karon, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fun project :)
    I love the idea of flipping the tag over to reveal a cute character on the other side :)
    I hope you had a great weekend and got lots of snuggles in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ummmm, I think you satisfied the tag quota...LOL. You crack me up. I had a great laugh at your post and I completely get the lack of mojo. I think it's just knowing there is so much to do that I'm like a deer in the headlights and freeze up! Probably not the most productive reaction ever, but hey...
    I love your advent calendar. The traditional festive Christmas colors are wonderful and the details of all the joyful characters are perfect for counting down. Oh yeah, thanks for that countdown reminder too..hahahaha...as if I needed to look at more headlights! :D
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Goodness! This is adorable! Love your 25 tags!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gee. Thanks for the Christmas reminder. LOL. Love your tag countdown. Great idea and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its awesome Karon. You have lots of patience . And no way is this tacky! But Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Karon, this is fabulous! love all your 25 tags!!
    such a fun project idea! TFS!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great countdown calendar Karon! Love the design and the super cute clips! Great project! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  29. WHAT!! 46 days no way, it's coming too quick LOL!!! I do LOVE LOVE this project Karon!
    hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great idea. It's beautiful. Really didn't need to know how many days till Christmas! lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE your calendar! TFS.
    I have a bazaar in 24 days and haven't been able to get much done creatively for it.
    I keep procrastinating by making cards. lol.
    I usually don't bring cards there but I may have to if I can't get my mojo going.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fab idea, Karon! 25 tags? I think you just about made the brief! LOL
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...