Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Miss You!

Hi everyone.  Hope your week is going well.

We had a wonderful family weekend, with Andy being home.  It was great to get some cuddle time and family time.  We had a movie night on Saturday night and watched the film "Man of Steel".  It was quite a good film, although I don't think that anyone could really ever replace Christopher Reeve as Superman.

I have a quick card to share with you today.  Andy went back to Winnipeg yesterday and I made this card to hide in his suitcase.  It's a little silly, but hey I like it :-)


The image is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps called Hogs and Kisses.  I did my own sentiment though, just writing it out on a banner, which I have inked and added a brad to.

The image was coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers and they are listed below.


Spectrum Noir markers used were
Pig     PP1, PP2
Pigs trotters     FS8
Heart     D3  

Isn't she cute :-)


The piggy image is cut out using a Spellbinders Labels 8 die and I inked around the edges of all the layers with CTMH Chocolate ink.

For the inside I used the Spellbinders labels 8 die again, as well as the same papers from the front. The little heart is from an InkaDinkaDo set.


And there you have it - a quick card for hubby to discover in his suitcase.  By the way, he liked it when he found it last night :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he was thrilled to find it in his suitcase...what a lovely thing to do. Great piggy image and beautifully coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is piggy gorgeous Karon, I like the piggy and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a cute idea, I'm sure he had a good chuckle after his discovery of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and what a sweet way to love on your husband when he is away. I'm glad you had such a nice, relaxing weekend.
    Blessings on your day,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Karon. I'm sure Andy loves finding your sweet hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, she's just absolutely adorable!! What a sweet piggy!! I love how you colored her!! The paper is fabulous, too...it looks dimensional!! What an awesome card for Andy to find in his suitcase!! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend together!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to hear you had a great time with the family with Andy home and The Man of Steel sure is a good movie to watch together:) OMG! such a cute idea to hide this adorable card in his suitcase:) Thank you for stopping by today:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww...how sweet is that little piggy? Sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend - I'm so happy for you! I have to agree with you about Christopher Reeve - he was the ultimate Superman for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad your family time was so much fun.
    I bet Andy loved this little cutie. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep forgetting to tell you thank you for paying the blog blinkie prize forward.
    The one she designed for me is perfect!!!
    I love it.
    Thanks my friend.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely surprise for Andy. Not many husbands can boast finding a pig in his suitcase! LOL. That's one cute piggy!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, what a cutie piggy! this is adorable Karon!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling card, that piggie so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww this is such a sweet card.
    I am sure he was tickled piggy pink when he found it ;)
    Happy you had a nice weekend with your family all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWwww......super cute!
    How fun it must be for him to discover it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is cute and thoughtful. Andy will have loved it and your message will have been sent. I'm so glad that you had great family time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww Karon, what a sweetheart you are to sneak this cutie pie in his suitcase! :o) I can only imagine how brilliantly he smiled upon receipt. :o) I love the sweet piggie and the papers you used are gorgeous. The loving interior is perfect. I'm so happy you had a marvelous weekend together.. I look forward to the time when he's home for good! :o) Wonderful card as always, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo fun!! Love the sweet little piggy!!!
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice Karon..super cute image! Happy to hear you had some great family time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw Karon this is just adorable. Love the little pig.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...