Friday, 22 November 2013

"O Tannenbaum" or OK Another Christmas Tree :-)

Hi everyone.  Hope you have had a fabulous week. I know, I know, you would rather I didn't remind you how little time there is left before Christmas.  But what is a girl to do?!  Some of you might want to know.

So for those that don't want to know - look away now!

THERE ARE ONLY 32 DAYS till Christmas!!!!

OK! You can look again now - LOL!  Sooorrrrryy :-)


Anyhow, back to the post!  Here we are another week gone and another start of a new challenge over at Polka Doodles.  We are in week 47 - phew!  Our theme this week is Inspired by a Christmas Carol. but you can also enter Anything Goes with a Christmas Theme :-)

Our DT brief was to use 2 Polka Doodles CD's on one creation.  I decided to take a closer look at the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and low and behold, I found some cut files.  There are these fabulous snowflakes on there and I used one of them as the background under the tree.  I had to use the trace feature in Silhouette Design studio and it cut it perfectly.  The papers are also from this CD.


The second CD I used was the new release A Home for Christmas CD.  The tree is a pre-coloured image, that I have glittered up and added a holographic snowflake to the top.  The sentiment is also from the CD, in black and white, I coloured the holly with some pencils.  The main snowflake and the tree have been raised up on some pop dots for some added depth.


For the inside, I used the same paper as the front (and yes the paper is two toned - I think one of my inks maybe clogged or need replacing).  The centre piece is actually an offset image from the front snowflake, that I then made smaller and inked the edges, adding those little stamped snowflakes to finish off.


So, it's your turn now to get creating.  Did you guess what my inspiration carol was?  Hint - it's in the post title LOL!

There is still an offer on over at Polka Doodles, of £5 off every CD and don't forget there is free shipping world wide on any purchase of £10 or more.

Have fun and hope yo see you taking part this week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

30 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Karon, I like the tree with all the sparkle and the doily frame
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Karon! I just LOVE the colors and the papers and the tree is stunning!
    Another gorgeous Christmas card!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. I've got to get to learning more on my Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card, love the sparkly tree~

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW--what a stunning card. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty !! Love the tree and all that glitter ! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Karon!! The tree looks stunning!! I love how you added the sparkle!! Love this my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun Karon! The tree is beautiful. Looks like you are getting ready. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this card is so fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon the card is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card Karon - although I could have done without the reminder about how many days til Christmas!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful Karon, I love the colour combination and background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Stunning & Beautiful!!!! Love it!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and your tree is absolutely gorgeous. It has so much sparkle and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, Karon. I LOVE that gorgeous tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Karon. You got me with the sparkly tree! I have to say the papers are gorgeous too.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Karon... love the tree! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. THis is super Karon, I love all the shimmer on the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your elegant Christmas tree. Love how you dressed it up. TFS.
    Okay now I'm humming that song....
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! Karon, this is exquisite! The sparkle is so beautiful and the entire design is festive elegance. Absolutely stunning, my friend. It's always a joy to see your work. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really festive card....love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Karon......gorgeous colours and I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card and I love the glitter on the tree so pretty:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful Karon!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tree is beautiful! Love the glitter and the pretty paper you used and that frame is awesome! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty card.
    Shhh I'm in denial about how close Christmas is ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...