Saturday, 30 November 2013

Tis the Season Blog Hop Day 1

Welcome to our


We are on Day 1!

There are only a few stops on this hop each day, and you are going to love the projects you see.

I am the seventh stop.

Here is the entire list of stops for day 1:



Hi everyone.  I hope you are enjoying the hop.  You should have come from Millie at Crafting with Creative M, if not, and you would like to hop along then start off at Nana at My Crafting Channel.

I have been wanting to make one of these trees for ages.  For those of you who are CTMH consultants, I got my inspiration from the new Holiday Idea book.  However, as I don't have the cartridge that cuts these, I had to work out the measurements etc.  So 21 rosettes later and all of varying sizes ranging from 6" across, right down to the very top of 1" across :-)


After working out how long and wide each piece of paper needed to be to make each rosette, I went from making one of each layer to two, in order to get the height I wanted.

The silver snowflakes are little holographic ones that I have had in my stash for years.  The satin cream snow flakes were cut on my Silhouette Cameo and are from Designs on Cloud 9 and called Snowflakes Galore.  I also ran these snowflakes through my Cuttlebug and using the Swiss Dots folder.

The papers I used are from a DCWV cardstock stack called Christmas Made.  It's a wonderful stack of fabulous colours and foils.  I inked all the outer edges of each rosette with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink, before forming the rosettes.


For the very top of the tree, and had this pre-made die cut in my stash.  I used a cocktail stick on the back and then sandwiched this with some red paper to finish off the back.  Added a bit of ribbon and some holographic snowflakes, to finish of the sign.


For the bottom, I had bought this lovely sparkly burlap and had a little red container that was the perfect size for my base.  I wrapped the container in the burlap and then added more ribbon and a holographic snowflake to finish it off.


So there you have it, a decoration for my buffet and I might even put it on the table on Christmas day :-)


Now hop on over to Kathy at 3 Spoiled Dogs and a Cricut and continue the hop to see what the others have for your enjoyment.

Some of the blogs are offering candy as well. 
Be sure to read their requirements to be eligible as they may be different.

Thank you for hopping with us!!!!

I am entering my tree in the following challenges.

Just Inspirational Challenges - Rosettes (closes 2 Dec)

Decorate to Celebrate! - Challenge #65: Christmas Trees (closes 10 Dec)

4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge #170: Christmas (closes 3 Dec)

3 Girl Jam Challenge - Challenge #30: 'Tis the Season w/Ribbon (closes 12 Dec)

Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges #195: Ho Ho Holidays (closes 6 Dec)

Crafting from the Heart - Challenge #1: Anything Goes (closes 8 Dec)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #34: Anything Goes (closes 6 Dec)

Hiding in My Craft Room - Challenge #126: Freestyle - Anything Goes (closes 7 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


47 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Karon that is just WONDERFUL...you clever, clever girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! would love to have this as a centerpiece on my table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon, I can't imagine how much work this was! I've admired it on the cover of the CTMH catalog but knew it was too much for me to attempt. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the most beautiful rosette Christmas tree yet, wow Karon.... You sure nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW absolutely beautiful Karon. Fabulous centerpiece.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling little tree!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Karon this is stunning, love everything about it and I am sure it will look amazing as a centrepiece on your Christmas table.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love! Love! Love! This BEAUTIFUL Christmas tree. Love the adorable décor!!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so perfect, Karon. I, too, have admired these from afar for a while. It will work perfectly on your Christmas table. We're off visiting relatives for the holidays, so this year won't be my year to make something for the table. I'll save your idea for another time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this looks amazing, Karon!! I love the design!! You decorated it beautifully!! This is stunning my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome tree, great details, and the snow flakes on it, very nice touch! Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is gorgeous its nice to see something different. Thankyou for joining our first challenge at crafting from the heart challenge blog. Hope to see more of your work soon.
    Good luck
    Fiona
    DT/co-owner
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for playing along with us this week at TPC with your gorgeous creation.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should be very proud of this creation, Karon. It is fantastic. I have never seen anything like it and yours is perfect. Yes, definitely give it a place of honour on your Christmas table.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a lot of work you put into this. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very pretty thank you for joining the challenge at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh....WOW! Karon this is just amazing - what a fabulous way to create a Christmas tree. The layered rosettes are amazing and the tree is just decorated beautifully. I totally LOVE this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tree turned out beautifully.
    I have seen the CTMH one and keep meaning to make one as well.
    This will look beautiful as a centrepiece on your table or buffet, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful rosette tree. Have been planning to do one.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! WOW~~ this is BEAUTIFUL! Love all the rosettes and adorable snowflakes! TFS! LOVE it!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon, this is so beautiful! I love this tree!!! The rosettes are absolutely beautiful!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty, Karon. This is one of the tallest ones I've seen and I love it. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This tree is beautiful. I like all the rosettes and the burlap tree stand is great. Thanks for joining the 3 Girl JAM "Tis the Season" challenge.

    Cheri
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful tree! Love it!
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous Karon!!! Such a fun project and awesome decor piece!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at the 3GJ Challenge Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness this is amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is beautiful! What a great idea to use rosettes to make a tree, and I love all the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this is beautiful. You done good!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Karon, this is gorgeous! I adore rosette Christmas trees and this one is truly spectacular! Beautifully designed and decorated, my talented friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your little tree is stunning - I love the rosettes.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is absolutely stunning!! you will have to preserve this for years to come after all the hard work you have put into it! Thanks for linking up with us at 3 Girl JAM "Tis the season w/ribbon" challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW, WOW! Super gorgeous Karon:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your Christmas tree! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow this is awesome! I don't think I have the patience to do this! Good for you! How cute!! Thank you for playing at Crafting from the heart. Good luck. Hope to see more of your work next time. Erin, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is amazing! What a fabulous creation and certainly an original use of rossettes. Thanks for sharing at Just Inspirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Its Beautiful.....what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow what a beautiful tree! Absolutely awesome project. Thank you for sharing your awesome project and participating at Just Inspirational Challenges.

    Katya Bess
    JIC DT
    www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is really neat. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sooooooo beautiful! What a creation! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Karon this is BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful decoration. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  41. How did I not see this before today? I too am under that "Christmas is almost here - yikes" cloud, I suppose. Your tree is gorgeous and I'm seeing it because of the detailed instructions you posted today on Sheila's blog. I would love to make one so I'm off to wrapping gifts and maybe I'll have time.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your tree is truly gorgeous. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. *gasp* oh my goodness... I sooo want one of these for my desk at work. I haven't decorated my office at all at work and this would be perfect!! :) I've made a rosette before... harder with/out a Score-pal, I just used my 12" paper cutter/scorer. I'll have to give this a try :) better late than never right?> lol

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...