Friday, 20 December 2013

A Christmas Birthday!

Hi there.  Are you all getting excited that Christmas is almost upon us!  Andy comes home today for the holidays, and he is home for 10 days - yippee!!   We have lots of little things planned for the holidays and are so looking forward to having this long family time together.

Here we are with Polka Doodles last challenge of the year!  Yep, we will be into the New Year when the next challenge is up.  For this challenge we ask that you make a birthday card for someone whose birthday is in the winter or around the Christmas season, but you can also enter with Anything Goes.


Now, I have to admit, that I actually made this card for Emily to give to her Sister at the end of November - but she really loved it and it fit the occasion perfectly.


All the papers and toppers are from the Studio 12 Picknix 2 CD - Gingerbread Twist.  I love this little ginger person - isn't she sweet.  

The sentiment on the heart I made up myself in Word and used the font Black Rose off my computer.


I inked all the edges with some red ink.  The buttons are also from the CD, but I topped them off with some little button shaped brads.


For the inside I used the backing paper that is on the front.  The paper isn't creased - it is how it is meant to be printed :-)


The stamps on the inside are from the set that comes with the CTMH Art Philosophy package.

Emily loved the poem on the front and Shannon loved receiving it!  

I hope you will go along and enter.  I know we can squeeze one more challenge from you all, before the celebrations begin!

Nikky has a fabulous offer on at the moment over at the Polka Doodles shop - why not go check it out!


Have a fabulous Christmas everyone.  I may pop in one more time to wish you all the joys of the season!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Adorable Karon!! Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love how it turned out!! Merry Christmas and enjoy your family time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out yummy! I love that it has a birthday, Christmas and Valentine combo to it. Truly versatile card you've designed here Karon. Fantastic make for someone very special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh- I've a couple of birthday cards to make this weekend. Maybe even the time to get them posted and join the fun at Polka Doodles. That's a rare gift for me. I super love your card and you are right- it's holiday fantastic and a great card from Emily. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable and I love that backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute. Love your little gingerbread girl. Great paper, too. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project Karon!! Love this!!!
    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your family time!!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Karon. I like the image, the verse and the ribbon.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a precious birthday card, Karon! The gingerbread sweetheart is adorable and I love the sentiment you created. :o) I'm so glad Andy is home for an extended holiday visit.. wishing you all the most beautiful Christmas! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty birthday card Karon, I love the sweet gingerbread girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super sweet card you created. I especially love the buttons on the ribbon and the dimension you've got going on. Once again I'm sorry that I haven't been by in so long and unfortunately, even now I can't really do any catching up but I did want to pop over and wish you and your family a fabulous Christmas. I was happy to ready that you have Andy for 10 days straight. I hope you guys get to spend lots of quality time together. Take care!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card Karon and love that sentiment too. hope you have a fabulous Christmas if I don't get chance to pop back before the big day!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you and your girls are so excited for the holidays especially to be with your husband :)
    Cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card. Have a great holiday, Karon, with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, Karon! Hope you are enjoying the hols with the family. Have a beautiful Christmas.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your funny cute gingerbread lady card Karon, perfect for this time of the year! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful, Karon!! I love the sweet gingerbread girl!! The sentiment is awesome!! What a fabulous card!! Enjoy your time with Andy and the girls!! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas my friend!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is so cute, I love that little gingerbread girl and your sentiment is fab too. Merry Christmas
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww....this is soooo cute!
    So glad you get to spend the holidays with your family! Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable card.
    Thanks for sharing this cutie.
    Have a wonderful 10 days with your family.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...