Sunday, 29 December 2013

Christmas card for my sweetie :-)

Hi everyone.  I hope you all are enjoying your family time and having a most wonderful Christmas.

Just popping in to share with you the Christmas card I had made for Andy.  On Christmas Eve, yep, I realised I hadn't a card made for him. So after preparing all the veggies for Christmas Day, I went down into my craft room and came up with this.


I had used this little stamp from Crafter's Companion called All Wrapped Up for Christmas.  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I have to say that in the rush of making the card, I didn't keep a note of the pens used - sorry.  Here is a close up of the image.


My base of my card is Kraft card and then the papers are from an American Crafts 6" by 6" stack called Kringle & Co.

I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangle to cut around the image and also used a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen on the snow flakes and hat.


The sentiments were part of the stamp set.  I really must get round to buying some EZ Foam and sorting out all my stamps - something to do for 2014 :-)

The inside of the card was made up using the same elements as the front.


I then used my WeRMemory Keepers envelope board - I so love this tool and was a great purchase to make and made an envelope for the card using a DCWV 12" by 12" stack called Christmas Made.

Hope your Holiday season is going well.  Andy goes back to Winnipeg today - sniff sniff!!  We have had a fabulous Christmas holiday with him being home.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

16 comments:

  1. That image is just adorable. I'm sure your husband loved it. Happy New Year, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.......you have created a really pretty card, in between cooking your Christmas dinner, well done! After reading your post I realised I had forgotten to make my husband a card.....Hope he hasn't noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw what a cutie, I'm sure he had a smile from cheek to cheek when he opened up his card...
    Hope your Christmas was perfect Karon - now it's time to ring in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,lovely image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and adorable image, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet!! The image is adorable!! I know Andy loved this - it's fabulous my friend!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card for your sweetie.
    Happy you all had a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Karon and very lovingly made. I know you made Andy feel special. Glad you had such a fabulous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! Sometimes our last minute creations turned out splendidly as did yours! Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable! I would have never guessed you were making it last minute. I love the adorable bear image, and how well the inside is done to match the outside :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon, this is such an adorable card, especially for your sweetheart! :o) The papers and design are lovely and the precious image is beautifully colored. The touch of embossing is wonderful. I'm sure he loved it to bits! Have a sparkly day, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest card. I bet he loved it.
    {only 359 days to go. lol}
    Thanks for always being there for me.
    Hugs,
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Karon! I love the pretty papers and the super sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card is lovely, Karon. What an adorable image and the papers are so pretty. Wishing you a fab 2014!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card. I love the image it is jut too cute. I know he loved it too.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...