Sunday, 1 December 2013

Guest Designer for 2 Creative Chicks - Christmas/Winter Challenge

Hi everyone.  Yay we are in December!  So that means that Christmas really isn't far away now, just 24 days to go.  Are you all organised?  I have to admit that all my Christmas shopping is almost done, all I have to do then is have a wrapping session :-)

Andy is home for the weekend, so we are having fabulous family time.  And before we know it he will be home for 10 days over Christmas :-)

Today I am a guest designer over at 2 Creative Chicks.


It's time for
another Challenge at


Christmas/Winter
Sunday, December 1
Ends: Tuesday, December 31

Sorry but any entry not following rules will NOT be considered when choosing the Winner or the Top 3 
*See Rules On Side Bar*(at 2 Creative Chicks)

Sponsors this month are:

My Crafting Channel
Prize: If we get 300 entries I will use random.org and one lucky winner will receive a
Silhouette Portrait

Prize $10.00 Gift Card

$15.00 GC


I decided to have a play with my Silhouette Cameo and I used the files from My Scrap Chick called Winter Paver Favor Boxes and Cards.  I have made two of the treat boxes from this file.


Aren't they adorable!

For the penguin, I inked around the box edges with some white ink, the white body with pale blue.  I popped up the bow tie on a foam dot and then added some bling to his buttons.  Doesn't he look ready to party?!


For the snowman, I inked around the box edges in blue, popped up his nose and added a bit of ribbon and some buttons.  I also ran the lid (before assembling) through my Cuttlebug, using the Swiss dots folder.


I so enjoyed making these, and they will be filled with treats for Christmas.


Hope you will go along and enter in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. omg! these boxes turned out just so stinkin cute. I am have to go over and pick these file up what a darling little gift box for sure. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karon....WOW, they are adorable. Love the expression on the penguin's face and the dotty snowman is fabulous. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about removing my first comment. I thought these were from the Sil Store. duh. You're killing me with your creativity (lol) and I have to - have to - run get these adorable boxes. Of course, I won't know what to do once i buy them so you may be getting a "help" email. You did such a great job on them. They are beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These treat boxes are super cute!
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GDT spot... how cute are your treat boxes.... Great job Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable treat boxes. Love the embossing on the snowman. Thanks for being a GD over at 2 Creative Chicks this month.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. these boxes are so stinkin cute!!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries. Shut up! Shut up! These little boxes are incredible. You are making me want to get one of those fancy cutting machines. Great projects. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both absolutely ADORABLE!! Love the Penguin!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. How super adorable are these!!! I just love all the extra details you added as well!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, they are both so adorable!! I love them both!! The embossing on the snowman is fabulous!! What fun treat boxes!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, to answer your 1st question...YES, they are way past adorable! What a sweet pair of gift giving boxes.
    Happy to be on this challenge with you as a GD.
    Creative Wishes & Happy Holidays
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are absolutely gorgeous Karon I love them!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness, these are such precious treat boxes! I love that they're perfect for Christmas, but also for winter in general. The embossing and accents you added are gorgeous. I just want to hug these little cutie pies. :o) Fantastic work as always, Karon! I'm so happy you are having a wonderful family weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your treat boxes are adorable Karon, I love the Penguin he looks so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. CUTENESS ALERT! I keep scrolling back up to get another look and decide which one I like the best --- and --- I can't decide! They are both just darling. I love all the special little touches you added to each one - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those boxes are fabulous. I really like the Swiss Dots you used to create texture on the snowman. Great challenge project! Merry Christmas (I think we can say that now that it is December!).

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! Adorably cute!! Love these! The embossing and those faces warms my heart. Congrats on the GDT spot! You rocked it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon, these are the cutest treat boxes. I love them both. Especially that natty little bowtie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, these are super cute… love them:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my they are SO cute, and I love the embossing on the snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woohoo! Congrats on being guest designer!
    These are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooo, they are adorable, Karon. Super cute little guys!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh Karon, these are so adorable!!!
    congrats on your GD, these are a great project!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Soooo cuteee, sooo cute ,Karon,,,,You are the winner at Sugar of Vison..... #1 so feel free to visit my store and chose your fav products for $20 let me know and I´ll send you direct links.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being a guest designer :)
    Your projects are so adorable!!!
    I love the penguin :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Karon.......these are just adorable, super cute designs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness! These are ADORABLE!! I LOVE the snowman especially-the embossing looks amazing! GREAT job!
    Congrats on your GD spot!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  30. Okay these are just the CUTEST little guys.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...