Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Cool Penguins!

Hi everyone.  How is your new year going so far?  Kids are back in school - yay ;-)

You may recall before Christmas that I made a yummy easel card with 4 drawers underneath.  I had linked it back to Kris, at The Crafting Secretary, who did the tutorial.  Well, Kris left a lovely comment on my blog and then asked me if I would like to use one of her new release digis!  They are released today and available in store at Imagine That! Digis by Kris.

I had a choice of the new releases and just loved these fabulous penguins.  She is also going to use my card in her store newsletter :-) And on the blog on the 10th :-)


I decided to make a z fold card and also just had to 3D these lovely fab penguins.  I used the pre-coloured image and then cut out the pieces to layer.


Aren't they adorable!  The card base is Kraft and then the papers are from a DCWV 12" by 12" stack called Cup of Cheer.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to make the file for the backing papers to sit around the image.  As well as the cut out in the z fold.  I cut the main image using the Cameo and the print and cut feature, the other layers were cut by hand as I have no idea how to just cut a small part of an image, without fiddling so much and having loads to erase - any advice would be appreciated :-)


For the inside, I use a Spellbinders Labels 8 and then added a little stamped penguin from a Stamps of Life set called More Penguins 2 Love.

Here's a close up of the penguins, to show the depth.


Thank you so much Kris, for letting me play with this wonderful new release.  You just have to go over and check out all the other new releases and digi sets that Kris has - they are fabulous.  Imagine That...Digis by Kris.  She also runs a challenge blog, if you would like to check it out too - Imagine That...Digis by Kris Progressive Challenge and Inspiration Blog.



This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Scribble and Scrap Challenge #9: Always Anything Goes (closes 17 Jan)

Craftin Desert Diva's Craft it Up and Link it Up Linky Party #22: Winter (closes 19 Jan)

Digi Darla's Challenges - Challenge #96 Photo Inspiration (closes 11 Jan)

Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge: Kraft Paper (closes 14 Jan)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. Beautifully executed, Karon. I like that you added dimension to the penguins. I can see myself opening and closing this card all day long! :-)
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Karon. I am a frequent visitor at Imagine That and used their Breast Cancer Care image last year, they have some really fab images and you have done them proud! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as can be Karon... Z-fold cards are fun to do, yeh!
    Enjoy your day~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,fab image and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable penguins and I love your card! The papers are perfect for this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Karon!! Love those sweet penguins!!!!
    Awesome card!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this wonderful opportunity, Karon! You have certainly done her proud with this sweet card. I love the fold, the layered penguins (so effective), and the precious sentiment! Wonderful creation, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Karon! Adorable image to work with as well.
    Happy Wednesday.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely reward where none was expected - the best kind to be sure. Your card is delightful. I love that background paper and you did a fabulous job with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous, Karon!! You did an amazing job with her digis!! I love the layered penguins!! The fold is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. You chose well, friend! That image is adorable and the idea to use a z-fold card inspired. Nice job and congrats on the recognition. Keep that coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous image, Karon. It looks so cute on this Z-fold card base. I didn't know you could offset a shadow for a digi and print and cut it unless it was from the silhouette store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karon! WOOT! you did an AMAZING job with the 3D and using the silouette to cut the outlining & backing, too clever *Ü* I was so happy to have you as my Guest Designer - you are so talented! Yep, it was in my newsletter that went out last night :) and is now showing in my store! THANK YOU!!! Have a wonderful rest of your week. Hugs, kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have picked that one too. They are so cute.
    LOVE your adorable card.
    Congrats! Very well deserved.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your Z-fold card. I love the fab job on the image and the cut you made on your card- need a tutorial!!! Congrats on the Guest DT for Kris- she has a big smile on her face I image! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting!!! Congrats :)
    Your card is so cute…love the dimension you did to those cute penguins :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a super cute card !! I live those penguins !! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas Linky party !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card. I love those penguins. Such a great interpretation of the photo. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Darla this week.

    Emily, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! This is just DARLING!! I am a huge fan of Penguins!!!
    Congrats to you!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  20. eeekkk! THis is so adorable! I just love those little guys and the way this opens! Thanks so much for joining us at SweetStamps.com
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodness. This is soooooo cute! Love the dimension! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon this card is too cute. Love those penguins. Congrats on getting to use the new release you did a fantastic job.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Karon!!! Fabulous design!!! Your penguins are so cute! Your card is just wonderful. Love it to pieces. Thanks for sharing at SweetStamps.com!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are such cute penguins! Awesome card!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE penguins and everything about this is fantastic! What a great way to showcase them on the fun fold and I love the little penguin stamped where you can write your message :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Karon, what a sweet card. Congrats on your top three placement over at Digi Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fabulous card. The penguins are adorable and I love the snowflake paper.

    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this. The image is just wonderful.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute!! Love the 3D effect! Fantastic job! Thanks so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Diva's!
    Tracy :)
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...