Sunday, 5 January 2014

Happy Birthday to........

Me :-)

Hi everyone - yep it's my birthday today!  Another year older, another year wiser - well maybe LOL!

Yesterday, I had a lovely afternoon in the craft room, catching up on some much needed crafting and tidying a little bit.  I made a couple of things which I will share with you later in the week and also made a birthday card to share with you today.  Perhaps I should send it to myself :-)

Firstly though, I wanted to share with you a bargain I got - well it wouldn't have been a bargain if I hadn't been able to use my 50% off voucher.  I was really surprised to be able to pick this up at my Michaels, was sure I would have had to wait till a trip across the border, but I found this on the shelf and just grabbed it!

It is the Genius Ultimate Platform System.  It is fab!  Not only can I now use it for those longer dies, it is magnetic and I don't need to mess around with different plates etc.  It came with those 10 nesting dies too!


Anyways, hows about I show you the card I made.


My card base is 8.5" by 4".  I haven't made one of these long thin cards in ages, but am pleased with how this turned out.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps called Flower Shelf, I was lucky enough to win some for my Perfect Pearls card at 3 Girl Jam (Challenge #22 July 2013).  The little sentiment stamp is from a Clear Magic Stamps - Woodware Craft Collection and I also used a Momenta Cut and Emboss Set, both of these fabulous items were from my candy win at Lori's blog Chouxchoux Paper Art - thanks Lori :-)

I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noir Markers. I have listed the markers used underneath the close-up.


Yellow Flowers  CT1, CT3, CT4
Peachy Flowers  OR1, CR1
Red Flowers  CR10, CR11
Pinky Flowers  CR4, CR5, CR6
Leaves  CG1, CG2
Vases  GB2, HB2, HB3, PP3, PP4
Shelf  IG3

For the inside, I used the same papers as the front.  They are from a Recollections 12" by 12" stack called Cherry Blossoms.  The die cut on the inside is from the set of 10 that came with the Genius Platform and the little bow stamp is from the same set as the sentiment above.  I inked all the edges of all the layers and the stamps with CTMH Sorbet ink.


I also added a little bit of ribbon to finish off the front of the card.  


It's was so good to get back in the craft room.  I still have a little tidying up to do down there, but I decided if I do a little bit each day, it won't be so overwhelming.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

2 Creative Chicks - Challenge #10: Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

DL ART - Thankful Thursday January Linky Party: Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

Crafty Calender Challenge - Lets Celebrate (closes 31 Jan)

3 Girl Jam - Anything Goes with Ribbon (closes 31 Jan)

Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday Linky Party (closes 10 Jan)

Open Minded Crafting Fun - Challenge #1: New Toys or New techniques (using the new platform and                                                                           dies) (closes 17 Jan)

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #240: Free & Easy (closes 10 Jan)

Inky Impressions Challenge Blog - Challenge #140: Anything Goes (closes 8 Jan)

Brown Sugar Challenge - Challenge #75 - Use Ribbon or Twine (closes 9 Jan)

Card Makin Mamas - Challenge #78: Anything Goes (closes 16 Jan)

Thanks for stopping  by today.

Happy crafting.

43 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Karon! Hope you have a great day. and a lovely bright cheerful card as well!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you........hope you are having a lovely day. What a great card, love the dimensions and those flowers are fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Well Happy Birthday Wonderful Lady! I hope you have a wonderful day! I'm sure Andy and the girls will make it special for you.

    Love the card and that image is adorable. I just might go over and get that one. It's beautiful and makes a lovely card.
    Again, Happy Brithday!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...WOO HOO!!! Okay, okay...close your eyes and imagine I'm in a silky sexy dress standing over a vent and I'm blonde with big boobs. Now imagine I'm singing in a sultry voice...."Happy Birth-day Mr. President..." OH sorry...got carried away there.....
    Ok, open your eyes and imagine I'm in sweats with an ink stained t-shirt on, half awake in my craft room wishing you a WONDERFUL and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Your card is gorgeous with vibrant Spring colors and truly warms me as I look at the snow I'm about to shovel (after my second cup o' wake up liquid). Looks like you're having a blast with your wins...YEAH!
    Hugs to you Karon and I hope you have a perfect day :)
    PS...fantastic find on that savings too! What a versatile item you found there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card....and are you 29, too? I hope you have a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday my dear sweet bloggy buddy Karon
    Happy Birthday to you!

    Hope you have the BEST day ever!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birthday wishes to you Karon.... hope your day was filled with lots of well wishes and pressies....
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday, Karon!!! Love your card. I especially love the way you highlighted the fronts of the vases. What a bargain you got. A special beautiful card and a great new tool. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, happy birthday my friend!! I hope your day is filled with much love and happiness!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers look spectacular!! You colored them perfectly!! Enjoy your special day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday dear Karon Happy Birthday to YOU!!!(singing) :) Your card is just lovely and colored fantastically. Enjoy the rest of your day and again Happy Birthday my sweet friend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a splendid card design. I love that image. Congratulations on your great find at Michael's.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthdy, a delightful card, great colours, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges for our very first challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!! Your card is super sweet, such a great image! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to you my sweet friend! I hope you have had a wonderful day. I love your beautiful card -those flowers are just so, so pretty. You colored them up beautifully. Enjoy your day and your new crafting toy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!! May your coming year be your best ever.what a cheerful pretty card- awesom job coloring.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a great day and a Happy New Year
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! =) Lovely card you made!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karon.. this is SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE how you colored up all the flowers.. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the papers.. and of course I love the inside!!! As you are my inspiration for always doing the inside now ;) Best thing ever! I think it really makes the card!! This is wonderful!!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!! And I'm so excited that you entered this into the challenge at Open-Minded!! Thank you!!

    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday! Enjoy your new crafty find :) Your card today is just lovely. I like the long shape and the variety of colors you used in the image.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday! Hope your year is awesome! :)
    What a great score on the die! Love the long card....great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday my Friend, I hope you enjoyed your day :)
    Your card is so cute. I love the bright happy colours you used.
    Great deal. I haven't heard of this product before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday, Karon! Hope you had a lovely day...it would have been better if Andy had been around. But I'm sure the girls did their best to make it a grand day for you. Cute card...love those little vases!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Hope your day was filled with love and hugs.
    Hugs,
    D~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday.
    Such a bright ad cheery card.
    Thanks for joining us at CMM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy, Happy birthday Karon! Love that you created this card on your special day! Great colors and design! Thanks for sharing at 3GirlJAM

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday, Karon! I've been a mostly comment-less blog friend over the past couple of weeks but am now going to try to return to my former consistency. Your card is beautiful and once again, such a talent to color that image. Congrats on the purchase- might have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday, Karon!!! I hope your special day was filled with love and happiness. :o) Congrats on your score... that's a gift right there! :o) Your card is stunning! The image is gorgeous and colored so beautifully. I love just how colorful you made it. Beautifully crafted as always, my friend! Have a happy day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Karon!! This is such a fun card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm late in getting around, so Happy late Birthday wishes. I caught you on FB in time. lol. What a great deal you got on the Genius Ultimate Platform System. Love the card. The image is too cute and of course your coloring is perfection. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy belated Birthday! Love the beautiful card! The flowers are so pretty.
    Thanks for playing along with 2 Creative Chicks!
    Pam
    2 Creative Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fab, fun and bright card Karon. Glad you had a great birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Send your birthday wishes o you on FB but I am sending them to you again...HAPPY Birthday!!
    And many, many more!!!
    A beautiful card as always...
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW, super cute card and a Happy Birthday to YOU!! Many blessings to you for a wonderful year ahead. What a cool crafting find too! Do those plates run thru a cuttlebug?? So cool that you got some new dies too!! Happy Crafting *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Karon! Happy birthday to you! And many more! Better late than never ;)
    Excellent Micheals find and your card is just gorgeous. Lots luck in the challenges.
    Hope you had a beautiful birthday!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your card! So pretty! And again Happy Birthday! :) I have one of those magnetic platforms and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I hope your birthday was good. I do love what you created. That Bugaboo image is just so lovely...I must add it to my collection. Your colours and colouring are great too. What a lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck. Hope to see you again.

    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy belated b-day!!! Love your card so very cheerful! Love the longer shape as well.

    Congrats on the great deal you got! I'm going to have to check out for one of those!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a fabulous creation!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Open Minded Crafting for our very first challenge and good luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen.DT.xx

    www.kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  39. what a gorgeous card!! your coloring is absolutely beautiful and I love how you decorated the inside. Thanks for linking up with us at 3 Girl JAM challenges!
    Nicole DT

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well, Happy Belated Birthday sweet Karon! Your card is a terrific burst of color and creativity. I love the long style and that image makes me wish it were spring already! Fabulous coloring!!!
    Thanks for linking up at 3 Girl JAM!
    :)
    Jessica
    3GJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Let's Celebrate" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your birthday wishes card, it is very beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Cathy
    http://meowchie.snydle.com/happy-birthday-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...