Thursday, 16 January 2014

More of something ......

Hi everyone.  How's your week going?  I am sharing the next couple of steps of my mystery item. Some of you have been guessing,  and sort of getting there - it is a frame of sorts, and that is all I'm giving you for now :-)

I got messy in the craft room and got out the acrylics paints.  But first, I did put a second layer of tissue on "it" and then once dry I gave the whole "thing" another coat of Gesso.


Using a wet sponge and acrylic paints, I started adding colour to my project.

The first colour was Cream and I sponged all over with this colour, to give good coverage, but very subtle change.


Next I added Yellow Ochre - dabbing the sponge all over the object - but not rubbing it at all.  I did pat it a little with some paper towel.


To finish off, I did a Crimson red and Deep Yellow mix, and then finished off with a little more Yellow Ochre.


That is the painting finished.  Now I have the fun of embellishing it and finishing it off.  So, I will be busy doing that over the next few days, as well as getting some DT stuff completed.

Still a ways to go yet, however I am hoping to have this finished by next Wednesday at the latest :-)  I hope you will continue this little journey of craftiness with me.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

13 comments:

  1. You are so so creative.......I can't wait to see your gorgeous mystery creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm interesting. Still say it looks like a frame for the most part but that flat edge has me stumped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tease! I'm looking forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking so awesome!! Can't wait to see it!! You are so good to take pictures along the way!! I never know where I'm going with a project so it would be hard to take pics!! I'm so glad you are so we can follow along!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...you really know how to keep a secret. It's looking good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a little tease aren't you, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! it looks awesome!! stop teasing me...and let me know already..LOL!
    Its a frame..right?
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the layers Karon and can't wait to see the final result. It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it a shadow box of some sort?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks awesome...can't wait to see!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...