Tuesday, 21 January 2014

What is it? It's a ........

Hi everyone.  Yay - I made it into the craft room for the first time in 5 days!  Migraines finally went late Sunday afternoon.  I had to catch up on chores and stuff, so yesterday I treated myself to a day in the craft room.  I am sharing this project over at She's a Sassy Lady today too - thanks Sheila.

Here is how you last saw it!


I finally get to show you my finished project - say "Yay" :-)

But first I will show you a picture of what it was like before I started the whole process.



The clock cost me $2.50 and I had a 12" by 12" canvas in my stash.  You knew it was a clock - right! :-)

I shared the process of the preparing and painting of the canvas and clock last week, although at that time you didn't know what it was.

Here is the back of the clock - I bet you were wondering how I did the back.  Well, the clock came in a box and was secured to the liner by those two screw blocks - perfect for securing to the canvas,  I just cut a small square to be able to get to the battery compartment and time changer :-)



Oh - you want to see the clock!!

OK, here goes - are you ready :-)


The large flowers were made using a Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Die (this was a Christmas present from my husband, along with the coordinating stamp).  I added a little pearl dot the the centre.

The tiny little mulberry flowers were also made by hand.


The leaves are cut on my Silhouette Cameo with a cutfile from Birds Cards called Branches 1. I then used an embossing stencil to add some detail to all those leaves.


Then I came up with the idea that I could add the words "Time to Create" to my clock and would you know it there are 12 letters :-)  I used the Sweetheart Script for my letters and used the print and cut feature on my Cameo to cut out the circles.  They were then inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.


I have to admit that I am really pleased with how this turned out and it now has pride of place on my craft room wall.


Thank you so much for all your support and lots of virtual hugs over the weekend - I really needed them.

Hope you all have a most wonderful week.

I am entering this project in the following challenges.

Creative Craft Challenges 2 - Challenge #1: New (used new dies I had for Christmas) (closes 27 Jan)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. Hallo Karon, I am so glad to hear that you feel better. The clock you made is beautiful. Such a beautiful project for your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee!! A totally beautiful project Karon, the flowers are FANTASTIC!! Glad you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW Karon! this is AWESOME!!!!!
    What an amazing project!!!!!
    So glad to hear you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! That was worth the wait! Your clock is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jumping up and down!!! Joy Joy Joy! Your piece is lovely and I can see what time you spent designing the creation. Those Vintage Florets are simply fabulous! They are my favorite of the Heartfelt Creations and I am just tickled and can hardly wait to see what else you do with them. The leaves are a perfect match! Oh Karon, I'm glad you are feeling better!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful and inspirational. My daughter has a clock face she wants to send me just like this, only I will have to see if hubby can do something to make it a working clock, but if not it will still be fun to decorate. Yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is really gorgeous, Karon, and I am so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! It is beautiful! Glad you are feeling better and got to be in the craft room again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love it! So glad you're feeling better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I sure was wrong, I guessed a lamp LOL!! It looks beautiful and I love the flowers Karon:) Well done my friend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a beautiful design on your clock....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZER!!!! This definitely worth the wait, Karon! IT'S STUNNING. I hope you're feeling better now. Time for a break....have a KitKat! :-)
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO schön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO, I had no idea that it was a clock...This is GORGEOUS!!! WOW!! and the cost?..2.50?..That is AMAZING!!! I absolutely LOVE it my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love those flowers and the dark green leaves. Glad the headaches have stopped, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, Karon, this is amazing!! I absolutely love, love it!! I never would have guessed a clock!! You decorated it beautifully!! Seriously gorgeous my friend!! You did a fabulous job!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. first, I am so glad you are feeling better!! now... oh my gosh it's awesome!! I had no idea what it was!! I just watched giggling to myself waiting for the reveal!! Can't wait to try this after the kids move into their house next month!! I think I will be doing some redecorating!! :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Karon, this is extraordinary! Never would I have properly guessed... what a transformation. It is bursting with beauty and creativity. Who wouldn't want something so lovely to inspire during crafty moments? Amazing idea, design, and execution, my friend! And I am so happy to hear you're feeling sparklier! Extra hugs for you!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon this is gorgeous, and brilliant! I love how you replaced the numbers with the letters and the saying, and the flowers are just stunning. I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had no idea what your project was…and I have to say you blew me away!!!
    This turned out awesome.
    So much detail.
    I can see you smile every time you look at the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! Love that the sentiment is 12 letters....so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a fabulous project. Just gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your migraine, they are horrid. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is totally amazing! I love all the dimensional flowers and how the words go around in the circular shape :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGosh.....wow Karon, just fabulous. What a gorgeous addition to your craft room! Happy to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never had a fondness for clocks. I tend to want to yell at them; especially the one next to the bed, but this one...I want to hug it and say, "YES, YES, YES!" It's amazing what you've melded together here and such the perfect inspiration for the craft room. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. First let me say I'm so HAPPY you are feeling better. OMG Karon, this is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW amazing. I love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my Goodness Karon! I feel like i have done myself a creative disservice by not visiting you sooner! This project is hands down the most amazing project I have seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...