Friday, 7 February 2014

An Oriental Valentines Banner

Well, here we are and it's Friday!  Where are the weeks going?  Another new week to start a new challenge over at Polkadoodles.

We are changing things up a bit at the Polkadoodles challenge blog.  We will have a theme and the challenges are now going to run fortnightly!  So you will have two weeks to get your entries in and the Design Team will also do an inspirational post the second week of the challenge.

This weeks challenge is Love is in the Air.  The DT were challenged to use the new Dollie Daydream - Goes East CD, however, we were not aloud to make cards.  You of course can make anything that follows the theme.

I decided to make a Valentines banner, or at least a banner to let my hubby know how much I love him! No throwing up allowed - please :-)


Once again, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut all the pieces, including the scroll templates which I used for the banner.  I scored the lines of the fans and folded them a little, then added a little pearl dot to the centre.


I rolled the edges of the scrolls and then threaded my ribbon through the tops to hang the banner.  Isn't this peacock just gorgeous - its one of many of the pre-coloured images in this collection.

Each scroll is just over 7" tall.  The alphabet is also available to use too.


This was so easy to put together and I love how it turned out.

Hope you will pop along and take part in this weeks challenge.  Remember only 2 entries per person please, to make it fair for the Random Org winner.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

30 comments:

  1. Stunning As always Karon. I always struggle when its 'not a card' I want to come and live in your head x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, ist das schön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project, Karon.... and it turned out gorgeous! Have a great weekend!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning - such a fabulous idea too. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great make Karon.
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning a great banner. Keeeeeeeeep Crafting xxx Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banner is gorgeous Karon, I love all the little small fans it is so colourful and beautiful. Your husband will definitely like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Karon, this is gorgeous. I too want to come live in your head. Is there room for me and Bev? I want to know where everyone gets the time to create all these wonderful projects. If I get a card or two done in one day I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of the scrolls to make your banner, Karon - great work, hun.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty banner Karon... Soon you will have an oriental decor section in your home.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your are one crafty lady. Love your banner and especially the peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous!! I love the scrolls!! All of the cuts look amazing!! What a fabulous banner!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh- you're in the February kind of mood aren't you?! What a lovely banner and another very good example of the Pookadoodles product. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunner Karon.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty! love how you colored the peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your beautiful banner. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your banner is just GORGEOUS!!!
    Love it!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon, this banner is sensational! I love that the bases are all scrolls.. such a fantastic idea. Each image is lovely and I especially adore that peacock. Brilliant creation, my friend! I hope you have a beautiful weekend ahead. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever design, Karon. I love that beautiful peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant banner, Karon. Love the fans and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW lady you are really cranking out some BEAUTIFUL Oriental projects. I have loved them all.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! this is such a beautiful banner Karon and the images are stunning:) Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a fun project!
    I love the theme of your banner and why you made it.
    I also like that its in the shape of a scroll

    ReplyDelete
  24. (That comment about throwing up made me laugh!!) This is lovely Karon, there is so much detail in these images and your coloring is just exquisite!! So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a gorgeous Banner

    wonderful DT Inspiration for the Polkadoodles Challenge

    Hugs Kerrie
    Polkadoodles DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your banner is GORGEOUS.
    Andy is a lucky man.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...