Monday, 3 February 2014

Finally, feel the mojo returning :-)

Hi everyone.  How did your weekend go?

Mine was quiet, yet very productive - in between doing the chores yesterday I hit the craft room and played with my Silhouette Cameo.  Also have been playing with the new release from Polkadoodles - Dollie Daydream Goes East.  This collection is also available for download too :-) I will have several of these DL cards (8" by 3") to share with you this week, I am making a set of four.


I also played with a little origami and made the lotus flowers from papers off the CD too :-)  They are big enough that you fit a tea-light in the centre.


The image is one of 12 (yes 12!) Dollie Daydreams and I managed to faux paper piece her, before colouring her with my pencils.


All the elements (except the black) are from the CD, the papers, the fans, the bamboo, the sentiments - all in this amazing collection.


The fans were scored along the pattern lines and folded and then a little pearl dot added.  The Dollie is up on pop dots to add some depth to the card.


So, that's number 1 of four completed.  Am so pleased with how this came out.  I have to thank Leeann over at Paper Doll's Creations for her fabulous tutorial on faux paper piecing with the Silhouette Design Studio.

For the inside, I used the same papers as the front and then added one of the scrolls from the CD too!


And there you are - just another glimpse with the lotus flowers :-)


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Scribble and Scrap - Challenge #11: Always Anything Goes (closes 14 Feb)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #42: Always Anything Goes (closes 6 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW Karon!!!!
    Those lotus flowers are gorgeous!!! What a super creative project and perfect for your matching and very stunning card!!
    Another AMAZING project my friend!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, your mojo is definitely back with a vengence!!! Honey, these are absolutely stunning!! Karon, I'd say your mojo is safely in tact!!! Awesomely creative Dear.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you are back!!! The flowers are Amazing. The card is absolutely beautiful.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing flowers Karon and I love the long tall card...great job!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty set Karon, glad you are making use of this CD. Love all your showcasing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is lovely and your lotus flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Karon, those lotus flowers are absolutely amazing!! I love them!! I want them!! And what a stunning card!! The image is so beautiful!! I love, love all of it my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly feeling the mojo! The card is lovely and the lotus flowers inspiring. Keep the projects coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning stunning stunning!!! Wow! What a breathtaking creation, Karon. Mojo is back big time, I'd say! Congrats!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, ist das schön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so sweet! Really like the long rectangle. Those lotus flowers are amazing and how cool that a tea lite fits inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Productive" doesn't even begin to describe this! Wow - those Lotus flowers are just breath-taking. And, your card is amazing - that Dollie is just beautiful as are the fans above her. Beautiful work my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you display your FABULOUS project my friend!!!!
    Gorgeous flowers!!!
    Such a BEAUTIFUL card!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so gorgeous Karon, I like the image the lotus flowers and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're definitely on a roll Karon!! These are fabulous!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Karon, I think it's definitely safe to say your mojo has returned with gusto! :o) The lotus flowers are exquisite... I'm just loving your illuminated projects! The card is gorgeous! I love that you paper-pieced her. The fans are lovely. Beautiful on its own, but even more spectacular with the flowers. :o) Lovely work, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The card is so pretty. Love the image. Those flowers are gorgeous. I love 3d and these are the prettiest ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your lotus flowers are gorgeous.
    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Lotus Flowers are gorgeous Karon, I love the red and green paper. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow. LOVE those lotus blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a creative mind you have. I am so jealous! Beautiful card, and a real kick-*** lotus flower. Amazing work - love those Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowzers! These creations are wonderful and I'm bursting at the seams that I was mentioned in your blog. Thank you thank you!

    All your work is breathtaking, I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW--you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you are feeling better! I really like these pretty flowers and I love how you added the tea lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! Karon these are GORGEOUS! You are certainly on a roll my friend and keep it coming:) :) Have a great evening.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  26. The 3d flower is amazing! What drama it has. I'm intrigued by the faux paper piecing. I shall have to look into that :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this and the flowers are great. You are very talented xx keep crafting xx katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning project!

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. How did I get so far behind on comments? Ugh.
    Your mojo is definitely back.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous projects. Love the flowers and the card is just beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your card. Such beautiful papers. Can you do a tutorial on paper piecing in the cameo?

    Thanks,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...