Thursday, 6 February 2014

Happy Birthday - another teen in the house!

Hi everyone.  Hope your week is going well.  Well, my second daughter is turning 13 today!  Two teens in the house and a perimenopausal woman - no wonder Andy is in Winnipeg LOL!

So, it's Emily's birthday, and I am just amazed at where the time has gone, these past years.  No more my baby but a young lady :-)

I have so been enjoying making these long tall cards, that I had to go with the inspiration from those and make Emily's card.  I used another of Nikky's new digi stamps at Polkadoodles, this one is called Dollie Daydream - Birthday and is available for download, along with lots of other new individual digis in this collection.  Nikky also has the new Polkadoodles Digistore on Etsy up and running.  Why not go along and take a look.


Papers and the little stack of presents, were from the Dollie Daydream - Girl Talk Cd.  The papers that I used for the faux paper piecing, on her top and jeans, were from the Dollie Daydream - Goes East Cd, they just worked perfectly for those clothes.

I popped up the presents and Dollie to add some depth.  I used my pencils to colour everything, except the clothes.


Here she is in closeup - do you see the yummy cupcake she is holding, mmmm!


For the inside I used the same papers as the outside - as you should know me by now :-)  Also using one of the scrolls for the sentiment.


Well, that's it for today.  I have still a couple more of the oriental cards to share with you over the next week. Hope you'll stop on by.

I am making Emily's favourite meal for supper - Spaghetti Bolognese, garlic bread and I suppose I will have to get her a cake ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. Ha Ha ha.......I can so relate to the start of your post, I have 3 teenagers!! Perfect card, love the gorgeous image, great coloring! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! You crack me up!
    Happy birthday to your daughter!!!!
    Super CUTE card Karon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got a laugh out of me this morning. Love the card it is just too cute. I know Emily will love it. Happy Birthday Emily!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish Emily a happy birthday! What a lovely card to give her- completely appropriate for the new teen. Three of you in the house... I'm a twin so my mom "graduated" two of us on the same day. I'm wondering whether it was tougher when we were babies (all that work!) or when we were teens (hormones bouncing off each other?!). Have fun today. Keep those tall cards coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eine Wunderschöne Arbeit liebe Karon
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday to Emily!! I hope she has a fabulous day!! The card is so gorgeous!! I love the image!! The papers are awesome!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Emily! Love the card, as always xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card for your new teen. I like how you popped up the image.
    Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on my blog.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Fabulous & Fun card for your daughter which she will love!!
    Happy Birthday Emily!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your daughter's birthday Karon. Her card is beautiful, I love the pretty papers and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great tall card Karon, adorable image, papers and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to your girl! LOVE your tall yummy card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to Emily :)
    I give kudos to both your husband as well as mine for having so many females in the house lol
    Great card. Enjoy the cake

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another teen?! You're in for a treat! Gorgeous card, Karon. I'm sure Emily will love it!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that fabulous image and the way you colored her. Happy birthday to Emily. She will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon, this is such a lovely birthday card for Emily! (Happy birthday to her!) The image is adorable and you've colored her so beautifully... including that sweet cupcake! I love the dimension you gave your card and the sentiment is wonderful. Fantastic work as always, my friend! Have a happy weekend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy {late} birthday Emily!
    What a wonderful card.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Birthday to your Emily and I love the card!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...