Sunday, 16 February 2014

Hubby's Valentines Card

Hi everyone.  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Andy came home on Friday for the weekend, so we went out on a date night last night, to one of our favourite restaurants.  I wanted to show you the Valentines card I made for him.  I couldn't put it on my blog before I had given it to him, as he does occasionally check my blog :-)

I used the sketch from Deconstructing Jen to make my card.  I really liked this, after seeing Jessica's card on her blog, Chick-n-Scrap, using this sketch.

DS137 by the Deconstructed Sketch

Here is my card for hubby.  I am really not very good with sketches, as I think I tend to stick to them literally!  I am pleased with this one though, although I think I could have added some brads or something.


The papers were from a Momenta 6" by 6" paper stack (sorry I couldn't find a name anywhere), the papers for the hearts and flags were from a My Minds Eye 6" by 6", Love Me. The sentiment stamp is a Studio G stamp.

The hearts were from a cut file by Miss Kate Cuttables called Love Titles, just using the heart shape, cut 5 times with my Silhouette Cameo and then joined together.  I was inspired by Karen, at Kaleidoscopic Sparkles, she placed one of these hearts on her beautiful tag.


For the inside I used the same papers as the front and the sentiments are from a Doodlebug Designs set, called Love.


And finally one more look at the front :-)


Have a fabulous day everyone.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Deconstructing Jen - Sketch #137 (Feb 2014)

Lia Stampz - Challenge #59: Add a Heart (closes 28 Feb)

Just for Fun Challenge Blog - Challenge: Love is in the Air (closes 26 Feb)

Crafting by Designs - Challenge: Anything for Love (closes 18 Feb)

Scribble and Scrap Challenge Blog - Challenge #12: Always Anything Goes (closes 28 Feb)

Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Linky Party (closes 21 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. You pulled off masculine and gorgeous , that is no small feat...I would be like you when it came to sketches, I don't tend to alter them...totally in love with the hearts!!! Beautiful job my friend, so happy hubby was home and it is always so nice hearing about married couples going on dates, hope it was fantastic! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon,
    this card is stunning! I love the 3-D hearts! So beautiful!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch! love the 3d hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your take on the sketch is AWESOME!!
    Love the 3-D heart!
    Beautiful card!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karon, this is such a gorgeous card! I'm sure Andy adores it. :o) Your take on the sketch is beautiful. Hearts and musical score papers pair so marvelous together and the 3-D hearts are stunning! (Thank you for the shout out!) I love that you made two. Beautifully done, my friend! Have a happy day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, Karon. I love the papers and colors. Great sketch and you brought it to life. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the colors and the awesome 3D hearts!! The papers are fabulous!! I know Andy loved it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you got to spend time together.
    I love your card and I bet he did, too.
    I LOVE your cute hearts.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Karon, I love all the dimension from the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Husband's Valentines card is gorgeous Karon, I love the layout and pretty red hearts. He definitely would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card you made for hubby. Really love those hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Karon, love the hearts. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious card Karon.. And I'm sure hubby is proud to display this on his desk too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card.
    I really like that the hearts are dimensional.
    Hope you are enjoying your long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow. I love it. Love the choice of colours and papers and the hearts. So glad Andy came home in time to celebrate Valentine's Day with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for us over on the Just For Fun Challeng Blogm for our February Challenge "love/valentines".

    I love the rustic natural feel to this card. It is gorgeous inside and out. Beautiful colour and papers have been used with your wonderful layout. I want them 3D hearts, they are stunning.

    I hope you will continue to pop back and join us for more of our monthly challenges

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx JFF DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on the sketch!! Such a GREAT color combo and I just LOVE those hearts!
    AWESOME job Karon!!!!
    ~ps...thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Valentine card is beautiful!I love how you did the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card - the papers are perfect for a "guy card". The layout is really great, I love the double banners. And, I LOVE that beautiful heart, such great dimension. Fabulous card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card for Andy that I'm sure he loved. I'm thinking the card perfect even with out the brads. Great take on the sketch. Glad you guys had such a nice time out Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card. I'm sure your husband was thrilled. TFS. Love the hearts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Handsome masculine card ... with just the right amount of love for a soft edge.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Karon! Your hearts are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your card, those 3d hearts are fab
    Thanks for joining us this month over at Just For Fun challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (DT for JFF)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this! Great colour and design. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think your card is very sweet and that you did a great job with the sketch. I know what you mean about being too literal, I feel the same way when I follow a sketch. Thanks for sharing at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...