Friday, 28 February 2014

Lemonade anyone :-)

Hi everyone.  Happy Friday.  Just to let you know that Emily is much better and that it was just a 24 hour bug - thank goodness :-)

We have an inspirational post for you this week over at Polkadoodles, as we have now gone over to fortnightly challenges to give you longer to enter.  Our theme for the current challenge, week 8, is Sugar and Spice.  So this could mean so many different things and we are loving what you are all coming up with.

Also the prize for this fortnights challenge - would you believe it £50 (approx $80!) of goodies from Polkadoodles; so come on, what excuse do you have go along and enter!

Also, Nikky has another new collection up for pre-order, so new I haven`t had chance to play with it.  It`s fabulous though!!  Just click on the picture :-)

** Work & Play Collection 1

For my little bit of inspiration this week, I went with the Sugar and Spice as maybe meaning something sweet!

I used the lemonade stand from the In the Garden section of the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1CD. Using the Silhouette Design Studio as I was able to size the pre-coloured digi and make a shaped card.


I made two layers of the stand, placing the boy in between the two, the top layer is up on pop dots to add depth.  The boy and girl pre-coloured images, and the sentiment, are from the Sundae of Seasons CD, these were also cut with my Silhouette Cameo.


For the inside, I cut another stand but just the outline in white - stamped and then enough room to write a note too.


I am loving that I can find so many digis on these CD's that are all great for making those different shaped cards!


I haven't been in the mood for colouring lately, so these CD's are fabulous as the pre-coloured digis are there for you to use too!  Here are the two collections I used.

**Studio 12 CD-rom...Picknix Collection 1

Sundae of Seasons CD-Rom

I hope you will go along and take part in this fortnights challenge Sugar and Spice.  You have until the 7th March to enter, and please remember as our winner is now chosen by random org, only two entries each.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Just Keep on Creating - February/March Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 26 March)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #46: Anything Goes (closes 6 Mar)

Crafty Catz - Challenge #220: Anything Goes (closes 6 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Oh My I love this card it is so so cute. Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh, Karon, this is incredibly adorable!!! so unique, love it!
    thanks so much for stopping by my blog. wishing you a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is so absolutely adorable!! I love the lemonade stand and the entire scene you've created!! It looks amazing!! What a unique and fabulous card my friend!! I'm so glad Emily is feeling much better. Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fabulous Karon I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another of your cards that looks downright store bought. So professional and well thought out. Great card, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made this card! And very glad your Emily is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shape card is gorgeous Kate, I love all the detail it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karon,

    this card is just too cool, I love the little lemonade stand scene you have created using the pre-coloured images that do come in handy when one doesn't want to colour in.Love this card.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karon, this is just delightful! The lemonade stand is gorgeous and I love every detail of the sweet scene. Beautifully done! And I'm so happy Emily is feeling better. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it was only a 24 hour bug that your poor Emily had.
    This is such a fun shaped card and great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your shape card.
    What a fun card.
    I'm so glad Emily is feeling better.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and fabulous card Karon thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week
    Hugs Dianne xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab idea for a shaped card Karon. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The digi images are fabulous Karon! I can really see how the silhouette makes it easy to create shape cards. Its tempting, I might have to invest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Karon!! Love how you have given it dimension!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are amazing. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally adorable! I love it when you make shaped cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous! Take Care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous Dt inspiration for the challenge at Polkadoodles

    Hugs Kerrie
    Polkadoodles DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute card, Karon! I'm so looking forward to playing with the new set too.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...