Sunday, 9 February 2014

Life returning to normality and of course a card :-)

Well Hello out there!  How is your weekend going?

I'm good and seem to be getting back to normal health ways :-)  Sleeping better and feeling like I can achieve so much this month.  So lets see how we go eh :-)

Emily loved her birthday card and had a lovely birthday present at school, she was presented with an Honour Roll certificate for the first half of the school year :-)  She was so pleased with herself and we are very proud.

Shannon's exams for the end of the first semester went really well (she says) and we get the results and report card the end of this week (14th Feb), I think she will do well.  Also, she is in the process of selecting her courses for next year, can't believe she will be in Grade 11 this September!

Andy is also coming home this coming Friday for the long Family Day weekend and will take the girls to Winterlude here in Ottawa - so hope to have some photos to share with you of that the following week.

Anyways, enough of my waffle!  I do have a card to share with you today, the third card in my oriental series.


Oh, you want to see the full card, silly me !  Don't you just love that sentiment though!


Showing off those lotus blossoms again :-)  I love the colours on this card and this sweet image.


Once again all the elements for the card are from the fabulous Polkadoodles CD, Dollie Daydream Goes East.  All the pieces were cut using my Silhouette Cameo, and I digitally paper pieced her outfit, using the papers of the CD.  The lanterns and the butterfly are pre-coloured images on the CD.

After cutting out the image, all I had to do was then colour her hair and skin with pencils, wonderful and quick.


I popped up the image, to give it a little more depth and I love those lanterns!


For the inside I used the same layers as the front and once again the scroll for the sentiment panel.


Just wonderful - so enjoying this fabulous collection.  Hope you will pop back soon, for the fourth card in this collection.  Working on a box too :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #43: Always Anything Goes (closes 13 Feb)

Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #38: Anything Goes (closes 28 Feb)

Scribble and Scrap - Challenge #11: Always Anything Goes (closes 17 Feb)

Every Day is an Occasion - Sunday Funday Linky Party #17 (closes 28 Feb)

DL.ART Thankful Thursday February Linky Challenge (closes 28 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. I am really liking these long tall cards Karon, the images are great and that sentiment is brilliant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job!! Love this one! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you are feeling better. I knew Emily would love her card. What a fabulous present to make Honor Roll. Shannon will ace her grades I'm sure. Hope you and the girls have a wonderful weekend with Andy. Love your new card. it is a beautiful as the other.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute Karon.. And I'm sure your DD loved it just as much. Ooh I bet you all can't wait for those great family planning ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!
    I am so glad you are feeling better.
    Congrats to both the girls.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Love your card. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another amazing card!! I so love this series of cards!! The images are beautiful!! And I do love that sentiment!! Congrats to both of your daughters!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know that you are feeling better. Congrats to Emily and I am sure that Shannon will do GREAT!
    Your card is FABULOUS!! I am enjoying your tall cards with such beautiful images.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to hear you are feeling better these days! Congrats to your daughters - don't they just grow up too quickly?
    Well my friend, you have created another beauty! These images have all been fabulous and you have done an amazing job with each one. I really love that gorgeous butterfly on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your girls on their excellent school work.

    Your card is beautiful and, yes, I do love that sentiment. Thanks for spotlighting it.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo Kate, I am so glad to hear you feeling better. Congratulations Emily and Shannon's achievements. Your card is beautiful, I love the rich colours and the pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to your daughter…good for her :)
    Your card is so pretty, great sentiment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the image and the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful series. I like the easy sound!! beautiful colors.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab cards...another beautiful collection by Nikky. Glad to hear the girls are going well...proud mama moment! Congrats!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card. Love the butterfly. Have a wonderful week and an even better weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are feeling better Karon! I love your card, that sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Loving your oriental series!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear you are back to yourself! Your card is pretty once again. That butterfly barely got a mention, however it is a very nice add to the card. Keep them coming- hoping for a wonderfully craft-filled February!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My friend, I am so happy to hear you're feeling better! And many congrats to your daughters! What a proud mum! :o) I'm glad you get your entire family back together again soon. :o)

    As for your card, is is lovely as ever! You are rocking these oriental themed projects! She is gorgeous, as is the butterfly. I Love the papers and the sentiment is truly fantastic. Beautifully designed as always, Karon! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh beautiful butterfly! Glad you are feeling better and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great card. I love the flowers. Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I especially love the sentiment on your colorful card, Karon! Thanks for linking up at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! so beautiful, the image is so cute and I'm loving that beautiful colored butterfly:) Have a great evening:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  25. So gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...