Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Something to share and it's not Oriental :-)

Hi everyone.  Happy Hump Day.  Gosh, I'm on count down here as Andy comes home Friday for the long Family Day weekend , yay!  We might even get a date night on Saturday and go out for a nice meal together :-)

Kris from Imagine That! Digis by Kris, kindly asked if I would like to have a play with the new February Release.  There are some wonderful digis to choose from and I decided to have a play with the flowers.


I have been seeing these box cards on some of the blogs I follow and I just had to give it a go.  The tutorial for these can be found at Splitcoast Stampers.


I used Daffodil and Queen Anne's Lace for my creation.  I used the pre-coloured images and cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo.  You also get black and white digis in the sets, for you to colour.  Also with the purchase of any flower digi, you will receive "Sentiment Thoughts" a set of 9 Sentiments too.


I so loved making this box card - it comes together so easily.  Here's a close up of those fabulous flowers.


I actually needed a Mother's Day card so this is the back of the card.


You are probably thinking that it's a bit early for Mother's Day.  Well, Andy's Mum is in the UK and, Mothers Day is in March.  Also the Daffodils are quite appropriate, for March 1st is St Davids Day in Wales (where I am originally from) and is the Welsh Flower.  

Kris also runs a challenge blog if your interested in popping along.  Imagine That...Digis by Kris Progressive Challenge and Inspiration Blog.  The DT make fabulous creations for your inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. WOW- your card is great. I just made a pop up card for my son's girlfriend and for my parent's Anniversary - they are so much fun. I love these floral images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Karon, this is an outstanding project!! Love the colours and the images are super!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful, Karon. I am sure your mom will love it. :) Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift! You're Silhouette talents are shining! Andy's mum will really feel special. Enjoy this weekend with Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love this!!! I think I'm going to have to look at that tutorial! And you need to do a post on how to cut out digis with the Silhouette. I'm a new owner and could use the tips! Your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty! I love all the dimension :) I don't use a lot of yellows and oranges, but I LOVE the bright cheery look they gave your project. Perhaps I'll have to add some happy colors to my next card :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card box, Karon. It's a grate project! I like the color combination. It brings out spring mood :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and that you made it taller than I did with mine. I'll have to try that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me thing of spring!! I absolutely love it, Karon!! All of the dimension and details are fabulous!! Gorgeous project!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, this is such a gorgeous project! I love the box cards and yours is delightful. The colors are beautiful and I love all of the flowers and butterflies. So much dimension! Stunning work, my friend! :o) Have a happy day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon what a perfect Mothers day card..when I saw this design in blogland I too wanted to make a mothers day card with it.Love the beautiful flowers you have added And Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog..really helped boost my morale
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp! Karon you did Kris well! This is just stunning and what a show stopper! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! WOW1 this is absolutely beautiful Karon and I Love how the flowers pop up and OMG! the dimension and color is amazing! Great job with those Digis:) Have a great evening:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, Karon. Love the images you used. Love the gorgeous yellows. Just a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, you did such an amazing job with this Pop Up Box card... LOVE IT!! The box card is impressive itself, but your extra dimension with the flowers is fabulous. Thank you so very much for going above and beyond with this. Hope you get yoru wonderful date night!! :) Hugs! kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Karon!!! What a super FUN project!!!
    AWESOME job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been seeing these popping up all over the web as well.
    Yours is so pretty :)
    I am sure your MIL will love this, it is so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's not oriental but so reminds me of spring, so it's perfect!! Gorgeous colors and coloring job Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning. Love the colors sure makes me think of spring on the snowy day.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous. I see these all over and can't wait to make one. How'd you cut the flowers with your Cameo? Now that's something I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Karon, I love this idea...I had the tutorial saved to make one of these boxes for a friends birthday next week. Yours is gorgeous, love the bright summer colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. An amazing card. Love the daffodils and the fabulous design

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely gorgeous Karon, I love the flowers popping out and the colour combination. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa! Hello amazing! Love this!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks amazing! And complicated!
    Beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is amazing, Karon! You've done a great job with the colours and design. It's perfect for mother's day.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...