Tuesday, 11 February 2014

The Last Oriental card.... for now :-)

Hi everyone.  Hope the start of your week is going well.  I have Emily home from school, she has a bit of a chesty cough and with temps at -20c (-4f), I don't want her going out at recess.  Just in case you were wondering, the cut off here for keeping them in at recess is it has to be colder than -25c (-13f).


Another fabulous sentiment off this amazing CD - Polkadoodles Dollie Daydream Goes East.

I love all the different embellishments that are on this CD, there are pre-coloured ones like I have used, but they also come as black and white so that you can colour them yourselves.


Once again, I digitally paper pieced her dress in Silhouette Design Studio and then coloured the rest of her with my pencils. All the embellishments and sentiment ticket were cut using the Silhouette.


I popped up the image to add a little depth, the sentiment is slightly curved so as not to lay flat and just stuck the body of the butterfly to the ticket.


Finishing off the inside with the same layers as the front and a sentiment scroll.


And that is the end of the series of my tall cards.  I hope to make a gift box for these later in the week.

Have a fabulous week everyone.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. gorgeous creation Karon, love the oriental feel!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another classy oriental creation, Karon. Hope Emily feels better soon.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card Karon!!!
    LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card added to the rest of your collection... I'm sure you must have a super display of them.. LOL!
    TFS Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous card. You've made a beautiful set. If it will be a gift someone will be very pleased. I would have kept her home, also. Hope she's better soon. I'm so glad we don't get those kinds of temps. Brrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a set! I'm definitely going to steal that whole, not flat sentiment thing... and soon! Maybe you'll consider it flattery??

    A gift box in the waiting, keeping us on pins and needles aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunning card, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely card from this collection. I especially like the sentiment on this one :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I've loved all the cards in the series!! The images, colors and designs are stunning on all of them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this series of cards. I just got the notice from Pokadoodles that my CD has been dispatched. I can't wait to receive it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card :)
    I hope Emily feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love that butterfly! Beautiful oriental card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and love the sentiment. Hope Emily feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karon This is so gorgeous!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful tall oriental cards.That banner is gorgeous and hubby will feel the love with that banner.Those lotus are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another FABULOUS card. I hope Emily feels better.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beauty! This series of cards has just been amazing - you are such a creative artist!
    Hope your daughter feels better soon. And that cut off for recess is totally crazy in my humble opinion! Of course I live in southeast Alabama where we completely shut down if we should happen to get a dusting of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon, this entire series has been so enjoyable! Each project has been so lively and beautiful.. just like this one. :o) I love the sentiment, the sweet butterfly, and the gorgeous paper piecing. Stunning work as always, my friend! :o) I hope Emily is feeling better soon! **extra hugs for her**

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe the kiddos go outside when it is that cold.
    We try to keep the kids in if it gets 20-25f.
    I LOVE your card!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs.
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...