Thursday, 20 March 2014

Emergency! :-)

Hi everyone.  How is your week going so far?  Gosh, is tomorrow already Friday?  I think I blinked and the week disappeared.

Yesterday, I made sometime to just play around in the craft room.  Nikky, at Polkadoodles has a new release called Work and Play Collection 1.  Shhh don't tell anyone I told you, but there is also part 2 due to be released shortly :-)


** Work & Play Collection 1

These images are so fun, you get the black and white, and the coloured digis, and there are fabulous sentiments and papers to go along with them.

I decided to use the Fire-lady :-)  For my card.  She has been coloured with Prisma pencils, her face looks a little dirty, but hey she's coming to the rescue.


I cut her out using my Silhouette Cameo.  She is layered with a frame to make her stand out from the background.  (I have to admit these papers are from the next collection that is coming out.  Sorry, I had made the card before realising it was on the new stuff!)


I inked all the edges of all the layers with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Nothing fancy to the card, but I do like how it turned out.


For the inside, I just used some of the paper from the front, and also inked the edges.


Hope you have a fabulous Thursday.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Scribble and Scrap Challenge - Challenge #14: Always Anything Goes (closes 28 Mar)2nd entry

Oddball Art Stamp Co - First Challenge: Use a Digi (closes 14 Apr)

Stampin' for the Weekend - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 27 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Great card Karon and yes, I appear to have missed this week too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Karon!!!! I am in love with this card and love the effect of the inking, the brick is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! The image is so awesome, love that you made her a little dirty! Have a fantastic day!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card Karon! Love that adorable image and the 3d effect you gave him with your card! AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,fab deign and image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so Cute & Cool! I received my digi prize and I cannot wait to play with it. Thanks!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Karon what a cute and fun card. I love her she is adorable. Your coloring is perfect and the bricks look so real. Another fabulous card my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and love that brick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! I love that cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, Karon. I love the frame you created. Really cute collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the frame you created! She looks so tough and yet so encouraging. Great card, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karon - I am absolutely in love with your card. The image is adorable and you did such an amazing job on the background. It's truly wonderful. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I also checked out all the different images from the collection and they are so cute. I want all of them..

    With hugs and smiles
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! What a fabulous image!! You colored her beautifully!! I love, love the brick background - it looks amazing!! What an awesome card - I love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is gorgeous, Karon. Love the brick background!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. This digi is super cute, Karon. Love the way you colored it. Fabulous paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is stunning Karon, I love the image and the brick background. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your secret's safe with me...when can I get them? LOL!!! Beautiful card Karon inside and out! Always love seeing your creations.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card with the gorgeous image and love those papers brickwork and background..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous Karon, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is adorable.
    Cute image and beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Karon, what fun background paper and cute colored fire woman image.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastically designed card, Karon! The brick background is amazing and I just love the little fire lady. Amazing work, as always! I hope you're having a happy weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! what a fantastic card and the coloring is fantastic Karon!! Enjoy your weekend my friend:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card made me smile! Love the brick background and the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your sweet card!
    This week was a slow one {at work} for me waiting for spring break to come but then the nights just flew by. lol.
    Thanks for sharing. LOVE IT!
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous Karon.........I really like this card! What a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's ADORABLE! My hubby is a fire fighter and would love this. SO CUTE! Those brick are the bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card. I really need to get my mitts on this CD.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...