Friday, 7 March 2014

For Someone Special

Hi everyone.  The girls have a PD today and its March break this coming week.  So, the girls and I are off to the USofA for four days, next week, shopping till we drop.  Mainly clothes shopping, but of course there will definitely be craft shopping involved :-)

Anyways, let's get back to today's post.  It's the start of a brand new challenge at Polkadoodles for this fortnight.  Mother's day in the UK is at the end of March, so our challenge theme is Mum's the Word. Now, you of course could make a birthday card for your Mum, it doesn't have to be Mother's Day.

My card to share with you is one for my girls to send to their Grandma in the UK.  I decided to make a shaped easel card.  Using my Siilhouette Cameo to make the card base and then cutting out all the elements.


I used a pre-coloured image from the Bonbon Belles Double CD.  This CD is amazing.  Full of fabulous digis, embellishments, papers, you name it it's got it!  The little ticket with grandma on it, is also from this CD.

I did an extra layer of the frame and put this up on pop dots.  Then the image is also up on pop dots, however, I also cut out some extra teeny flowers to add a little depth to the image and then added some lovely teeny bling to the centres.  Here's a close up.


The floral paper in the background is from another great collection, called Sugar Birdies


The Mother's Day stamps is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls.  I added some little flowers and bling to edge the sentiment.


I really will have to get my colouring mojo back, Nikky has a great new collection out and I can't wait to have a play with them.  This is the first and there will be more to come!  If you would like to win this collection, then go along and enter this fortnights challenge - Mum's the Word!

** Work & Play Collection 1

For this card I used the following collections.  Clicking on the images will take you to the Polkadoodles shop.

Bonbon Belles Double CD Collection


So there you have it, the challenge "Mum's the Word" starts today and you have until Friday, 21 March to enter.  There will be more inspiration next Friday too.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Sassy Studio Designs - DTBST #219: Make it Fly (closes 12 Mar)

4 Craft Chicks - Challenge #184: Shaped Card (closes 11 Mar)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challeng Blog - Challenge #167: Anything but Square (closes 11 Mar)


Lia Stampz - Challenge #60: For a Special Lady (closes 15 Mar)


Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge: 3, 5, or 7 of something (7 gems on the flowers)(closes 17 Mar)

Lexi's Creations - Challenge #111: Mother's Day (closes 15 Mar)

Scribble and Scrap Blog & Challenge - Challenge #13: Always Anything Goes (closes 14 Mar)

That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Challenge : Anything Goes (closes 15 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

48 comments:

  1. Your Easel card is beautiful Karon, I think your Mom will like this. I like the Fairy image and the beautiful flower border around the Easel card. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Karon! I love your idea to make this flower border. This is great! The image is so cute! All the details make the whole card stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Karon!!!, this creation has to be one of my favorites of yours..OMGOSH it is AHHHH-MAZING!!!! Love the shape of the card, that frame is ridiculously gorgeous and the image is utterly beautiful... WOWZERS!!! Have a great day my friend! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Karon, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine wunderschöne Karte, mal was ganz anderes
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Karon, how pretty is your easel card... I know grams will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous. Will you share the design # in the Sil store for this card? I see a scalloped circle card, but where'd you get the flowers circle you popped up? Thanks, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love your easel card and all the bright fun colors you have used. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, I hope you will join us again soon.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my--how fabulous is this amazing card. Well done--have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really beautiful project Karon the shaped easel looks so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are always beautiful but this is downright Gorgeous!
    Have a wonderful shopping holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon! This is a fabulous, beautiful card! Your girls' grandma will love it! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Karon. I love how you popped everything up. Grandma will love this.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous,fab design and image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon this is amazing work chick.
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, this is amazing! I love the design and that gorgeous image!! The flower borders look fabulous!! This is so beautiful!! Love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the colours and the style, thankyou for joining us over at Scribble and Scrap - Hugs Lynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! I believe that this is my favorite card EVER..until I come back tomorrow to your blog..LOL
    Beautiful, Stunning, and AMAZING!!!
    A fabulous job my friend!!!
    This is AMAZING!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is gorgeous! I love all the detail on it.

    Have a fab time shopping - I'm not jealous - MUCH xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So charming! I love the colors and patterns and the card design is inspired. What a lovely Mother's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely.Thanks for playing @ That Craft Place.
    Lisa TCP DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card - love the flower wreath. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Karon! Thank you for joining us at Lia Stampz! Enjoy your shopping trip! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is amazing.
    Have a wonderful {and safe} trip.
    Wish I lived on that side of the U.S. so I could come meet up with you.
    Have FUN!
    Thanks for sharing this beauty.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Karon, this is STUNNING! What a beauty! The frame is exquisite and that image is outstanding. Gorgeous easel card from every facet, my friend! She is going to treasure this. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am not in the least bit affected by your four fabulous days of shopping. Of course not! No ma'am. But I will say this easel card something else! Grandma will be thrilled to have this for mother's day! Well done, Karon.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card!!! I love when you come here to shop...the best part is seeing your goodies!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. FUN card! Great papers and fun design - I love easel cards and your's is awesome. Great use of "7" Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Lyn - TTT Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a stunning card, makes me look forward to summer. Thank you so much for playing along with JIC this week from Sian (DT Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  30. AMAZING! What a lovely image and you have showcased her beautifully. The easel card displays all of your beautiful details so well. I love the border of flowers around the edges of your card. This is just amazing Karon and I'm sure it will be treasured for years to come. Enjoy your shopping trip with your girls - sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card, love the image and shape. Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflys for our shaped card challenge Hugs Tania xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card is stunning.
    I like the dimension to your card, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a beautiful Easel card Karon. Love the images and papers used.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow Karon, this card is a real stunner! So many pretty details and I love all the dimension too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, stunning!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week and I hope you'll join us again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  36. So so pretty Karon....love your gorgeous card. The digi images are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just beautiful Karon! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studios for the DTBST challenge 'Make It Fly'.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is a gorgeous card and love the easel design. We're glad you shared it with us at Top Tip Tuesday, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love this it is so beautiful. Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Karon your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So pretty! Love the colors, so bright and cheerful! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, 43 comments, your project is loved, and rightly so. Nicely done. Thanks for the inspiration and entering DTBST at Sassy Studio Designs and good luck!

    DebbieM - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  44. such a stunning card

    beuatiful Dt Inspiration for the Polkadoodles Challenge

    Hugs Kerrie x

    ReplyDelete
  45. SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing your creation over at Lia Stampz

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Karon - this is a stunning card! I love all the attention to details, like the raised frame, gorgeous bling and pretty image. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  47. A really pretty card, and it looks fab as an easel

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...