Friday, 28 March 2014

Spring - Oh how I Wish it was!

Hello my crafty buddies, how are you all this fine day?  Well, it might be Spring somewhere in the world, but here Winter is hanging on in there.

However, it's Friday and that means it's Polkadoodles Team A's turn to post an inspirational week for our Challenge Spring is in the Air.  You have to go over and see the fabulous inspiration by the DT and why not drop them a little love whilst you at it.

I decided to use several Polkadoodles CD's for my bit of inspiration and this at least made me think Spring might turn up sometime soon!   The bird house template is from the Candy Doodles CD, and the papers and the love birds came from the Love and Cherish CD.  I cut the birds out with my Silhouette Cameo.


What a fabulous sign of Spring.  To see the birds returning and making their new homes, or people moving house now that the Spring is here.  If you look close you can even see two youngsters inside the house :-)


I even gave these love birds a picket fence, after all, what's a house without a little white picket fence :-)


The picket fence and the butterflies are from the Sundae of Seasons CD.  All cut using my Cameo.  I layered up some of the flowers and leaves and the butterflies have bee doubled up to add some depth to them.

All the edges of all the layers have been inked with CTMH Cotton Candy, including the butterflies, birds and flowers.


And just one more photo to show everything from a different angle.


Here are the CD Collections I used.  Candy Doodles for the Bird House Template.

Candy Doodles COLLECTORS EDITION CD-Rom

Love and Cherish, for the Love Birds and Papers.

Love & Cherish CD-Rom

Sundae of Seasons, for the Picket Fence and Butterflies.

Sundae of Seasons CD-Rom

So get your Spring on and go and enter the challenge - this is the second week and you have until Friday 4th April.

I am entering this creation in the following challenges.

Decorate to Celebrate! - Challenge #71: Spring Decorations or Birthday (closes 1 Apr)

Just Inspirational Challenges - March Monthly Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 29 Mar)(entry #2)

Cut it Up - Challenge #41: National Craft Month Anything Goes (closes 2 Apr)

Eclectic Ellapu - Now for something Different: Flowers and Butterflies or Wings (closes 5 Apr)(entry #2)

4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge #187: Spring (closes 2 Apr)

Creative Moments - Challenge #39: Anything Goes or Optional "Things with Wings" (closes 7 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

42 comments:

  1. Liebe Karon, da fehlen mir die Worte, so ein schööööönes Häuschen, echt wunderschön
    glg und schönes Wochenende
    Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh Karon.....What a gorgeous Spring creation. The birds and butterflies are so pretty. ps. I'm really hoping you get some Spring weather soon, I'll be there in 2 weeks. I'm going to freeze! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karon this little bird house sure brought a smile to my face this morning. I love the colors and those birds are just too cute.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project Karon, love the birdhouse and all the pretty added details to it... This would be perfect sitting on a window seal in your crafty room...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bird tails! What a charming project and definitely shouts spring. Great job, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. I too am ready for some warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE that bird house! So adorable and so much detail!! Here's hoping spring will be there soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon, this is absolutely delightful. I blew it up so I could see all of the wonderful details. How precious to see the little ones inside.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon, this is fabulously gorgeous! The colors, al the cuts - everything is so creative. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous, Karon!! Wow, what a gorgeous birdhouse!! I love the birds and the pretty butterflies!! You need to link this up at Decorate to Celebrate for our Spring Challenge (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/) It's amazing!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a stunning project - love love love it xxx

    brilliant DT Inspiration for the Polkadoodles Challenge

    Hugs Kerrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Karon I absolutely love this!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh this is so adorable! i love the birdie tails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning!

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one fab project love it thank you for joining in with us at just inspirational and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karon, Let me begin by saying the butterflies are just BEAUTIFUL!!!
    They look Real!! Love it!!
    The birds are totally gorgeous!!!
    WOW!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
    I saw it on FB and ...WOW!!!
    Awesome job my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super Spring project, Karon. Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  19. fABULOUS birdhouse and the silhouette birds are gorgeous...great result.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon, this is STUNNING! I absolutely adore bird houses and your take on it is beyond lovely. Every detail is so beautiful, right down to the little birdies and gorgeous butterflies. What a stunning scene, my friend! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness Karon this is amazing and beautiful!! I love it:) Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning. Love the bird house. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a darling little project! LOVE the birdhouse and all the lovely details. Stunning project, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well Well Well!!! This has to be the most beautiful birdhouse I have ever seen, you are so patient to cut it out ... imagine I could have made this birdhouse if I would have noticed it!!!!!!! Yes I have the same Candy Doodles CD and thought I seen everything in it till now, you did a remarkable job and once again has inspired me my crafty friend... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, love your bird house Karon it is gorgeous. Those two birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great project thanks for joining us at Cut it up for our anything goes challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning project, love it.Thanks for joining us at Ecclectic Ellapu with our Flower & Butterfly challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Karon this is SO cute! I love the little birdhouse and the birds and the butterflies are the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing love this project, and the colors are wonderful. Nice birdies, and the butterflies bonus. Great job. Thanks for playing our Spring challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is GORGEOUS!
    I love all your sweet attention to detail.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsBydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love birdhouses and love yours.
    Those butterflies are so pretty.
    Love the colours you used and the long tail feathers on the birdies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my gosh! Karon, this is stunning chick!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh this is just so lovely! Thank you for sharing it with the Decorate to Celebrate gals!

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! A definite show stopper! Your birds are so cute and I LOVE the butterflies!!! Beautiful project! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Decorate To Celebrate and Cut It Up!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your birdhouse is just delightful Karon x fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have now finally got my act together!! Love this birdcage very Beautiful. Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous creation, thank you for playing at Creative Moments, hope to see you again soon
    {Creative Moments Owner}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow .... what more can i say
    thanks for joining us at creative moments Mel DT

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a terrific project. A lovely way to welcome spring. The butterflies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...