Saturday, 22 March 2014

The Finale!

Hi every one.  Wow, its Saturday!  Hope you all had a fabulous week.

The girls and I are off out to the cinema this morning.  Shannon and a friend are going to see Divergent, and Emily and I are going to watch Mr Peabody and Sherman :-)

I finally have the last three cards, in the set of sixteen that I have made.  The first four posts for the series, can be found here, here, here, and here :-)


I was lucky enough to win a gift voucher to Top Dog Dies, off of Yvonne at Do More With Less - thank you so much Yvonne.

These butterflies were one of the sets that I was able to purchase, it is a Cheery Lynn Designs, Small Exotic Butterflies #2 w/Angel Wings set.


Just have to share a close up of each of the butterflies.


The papers for the butterflies are from a My Minds Eye 6" by 6" stack called Collectable "Memorable".


The other papers are from a Recollections 12" by 12" stack called Cherry Blossoms.  Will you look at this butterfly, even looks as if he has eyes, just luck with the paper :-)


All the edges of all the layers, including the butterflies, have been inked up with CTMH Sorbet ink.


Don't you just love the detail of these butterflies!  They cut out perfectly with my Cuttlebug, all the little tiny pieces just fell out.


For the insides of the cards, I just used papers as the front and then stamped some little tiny butterflies to finish them off.


There you have it, that is the last in this set of cards.  Now I have to come up with a box for 16 cards and envelopes.  Have a couple of ideas in my head, so hope to share that with you soon.

Thanks for all the fabulous comments you all leave me - I really do appreciate your visits so much.

I am entering these cards in the following challenges.

Eclectic Ellapu - Challenge: Wings (closes 5 Apr)

Creative Knockouts - Challenge #29: Things with Wings (closes 26 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

34 comments:

  1. A "Grand" finale indeed Karon, such a great collection xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply superb. the butterfly looks gorgeous.nice decoration inside of the cards too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karon, your cards are just GORGEOUS!!!! Those butterflies and divine..beautiful job my friend!!! I want to see Divergent soooo bad!!! Have a fun fun fun day! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all GORGEOUS Karon!!! Love that butterfly and the awesome dimension it adds to your card!! Congrats on winning that fun die!!!!!
    GREAT job my friend!!!
    Have fun at the movies! I am taking my oldest to see Divergent today! So EXCITED!!!!
    Have a GREAT day and rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE the gorgeous butterfly!!!
    On my wish list.
    Your cards are ALWAYS so Beautiful....
    I have enjoyed the series.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so pretty. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it sure is a pretty butterfly die.... Congrats! lovely set of cards Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are absolutely gorgeous Karon! I love those intricate butterflies! a lovely set of cards!!
    enjoy your wknd!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so gorgeous, Karon!! What beautiful butterflies!! Congrats on winning the voucher!! I am adding them to my wish list!! The papers are so pretty!! I have loved your card series!! Enjoy the movies!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous collection Love your color palette and that butterfly is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my, my, my....this set may very well be my favorite! I love the gorgeous 3D butterflies! What a beautiful way to finish up this series of cards. Fabulous work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are GORGEOUS!!!
    Thanks for sharing these pretties.
    Hope your movies were good.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, these are gorgeous! That is the butterfly set I own from Cheery Lynn and I just adore it! You've used them so beautifully here.. the papers and designs are lovely. Fantastic series of cards, my friend! I hope you have a happy weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so beautiful Karon, I love the colours the designs and the butterflies.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous butterfly set Karon!! Lovely, and butterflies are some of my faves. I find them kinda hard to draw because they're so intricate. Lovely job!! :) Hope you enjoyed the movie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliantly designed card, love it.Colours are awesome too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card, I love this butterfly die, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We went to Divergent today and it was awesome :) Hope you enjoyed your movie. This card is simply amazing. Great pattern paper and oh that butterfly is STUNNING!! What great layout!! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at Creative Knockouts Things With Wings Challenge. Have an amazing day.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so enjoyed the series. You saved the best for last. Love the butterfly, design and colors.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful collection..love the pretty butterfly, it has so much detail. Look forward to seeing the box your going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon I love everything about these! The papers, the dimension, the composition...they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! These are gorgeous, Karon. You have certainly saved the best for last!
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow. So pretty! Glad you got to choose dies that you like with the gift certificate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ta da!!What a fine finish. Those die cuts are spectacular! What a great set. We'll wait patiently for the box design *rubs her hands together almost greedily*.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! I love these butterfly cards! So pretty! I've really enjoyed this series of cards you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Exquisite butterflies!! So beautiful Karon. Your final set is outstanding :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow what a fabulous set of cards Karon, they look gorgeous
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  28. they're absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well done Kate, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the layout and butterfly. The matching paper is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are just as beautiful as the others. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great cards! It's amazing how different they look with the same elements arranged slightly differently!

    Thank you for joining the challenge at Eclectic Ellapu!

    Sheena
    xxx
    Pink team

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...