Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Pretty Ballerina

Hi there everyone.  Hope your week is going well.

I finally decided to get in the craft room yesterday and have a play around with my Silhouette Cameo.

I wanted to design some ballet shoes to put on a card, and after fiddling round with the different shapes and point editing I managed to do it :-)


Here is the card I made.


I also made a basic easel card in Design Studio - just a circle for now :-)  The little ballerina is from the Polkadoodles Work and Play Collection 2.  


She is coloured with pencils and I added a little tiny bling to the rose in her hair.


The ballerina slippers are two layers, one pale cream and then the top layer is cut in cream pearlescent card stock, some ribbon tied round just like the real thing :-)


The heart is a die cut using the Spellbinders Borderabilities set Daisy Border Set.

Here is the collection I used.

** Work & Play Collection 2

You also still have time to enter our Springtime Challenge, which closes Friday, 2 May at Noon (GMT).

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Challenge #33: Floral - include a flower/s (closes 5 May)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #28: From the Heart (closes 10 May)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #16: Always Anything Goes (closes 4 May)

Scribble and Scrap Blog & Challenge - Challenge #17: Always Anything Goes (closes 9 May)

That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 10 May)

Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Saturday Linky Party (closes 3 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

30 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens Karon, this card is amazing, Love those slippers and how you added the ribbon is just brill!!!! Gorgeous work my friend!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon, you blow me away with your creativity. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job. I have watched videos on the point editing but have never tried it. Love the slippers. Beautiful card. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just GORGEOUS!! The slippers are DARLING!!!
    AMAZING creativity my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card turned out so cute! I love the ballerina shoes and the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous!! The slippers look amazing!! I love the ribbons!! And what a sweet image!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image and fab layout,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a Pretty Design just perfect for our challenge over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday Thank you for joining us,it is much appreciated without you we would have no challenge, I do hope you will join us again for another fab challenge nest week.... Good luck in the draw...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. This is one of the sweetest girly cards I have seen. The ribbon on the slippers lends such authenticity. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, Karon. Love those ballerina slippers. Using real ribbon s a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had fun making this card... love the ballerina slippers and cute shape card...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome Karon!! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shape card is beautiful Karon, I love the ballerina slippers they are gorgeous. Cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card.
    I love the dimension of the slippers on the card, so creative.
    I could have used your circle template for the card I just posted….that and your silhouette, lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, this is gorgeous! I bet you know just how much my ballet-loving heart adores this. :o) The little ballerina is lovely, the shoes are a thing of beauty, and the entire scene just warms the heart. Beautifully designed, my dear friend! Have a happy day! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute...just too cute, Karon! The soft pastels are perfect for this dancing cutie!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just adorable! I love the easel cards and your little slippers are fantastic!
    Thanks for joining us at Scribble & Scrap this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant design and card .x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So good to see you back at it in a challenging way. Your card is darling- she looks all sweet and poised sitting there! What a nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karon,

    I saw your card on a challenge; had to stop by to get a closer look. I love the way you put the ballet shoes in the background!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness this is upper sweet and adorable Karon. Have a fantastic weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet card. Man you can do anything with that set of yours, can't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karon~ Your card is adorable. The two tone slippers and the ribbon are perfect. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute, I love the shoes propped up behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  25. omgosh, this is adorable & so creative! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how precious! I love the ribbon coming off the shoes :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  27. How clever are you? I LOVE the ballet shoes - you did an amazing job. The entire card is just beautiful. I love the sweet little image and she looks right at home all snuggled up in the center of your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW Karon, your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the ballerina shoes and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...