Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Shabby Chic meets the Orient?

Hi everyone.  I have the wonderful pleasure of being Guest Designer over at Crafting by Designs today. I was a Saturday Spotlight back in January for their Get Your Girl on challenge.  Doris, kindly asked if I would like to be a GDT for an April challenge and I, of course, said yes :-)

The theme for the new challenge is Lace/Doilies.  The inspiration for the card, came from the stamp, as I was having a look through to see what I could use, I fell in love with this InkaDinkaDo Peacock.  I felt it had a very oriental look to it and that is where the design for the card led me.


As the stamp is quite a large one, my card base is actually 8.5" by 5.5" (when folded).  All the papers are from a Recollections 12" by 12" stack called Cherry Blossoms.  Some of them, like the colourful background, are embossed with gold.  The little white scroll sentiment is from the Polkadoodles CD Dollie Daydream goes East.


The peacock is stamped with CTMH Lagoon ink.  I also used this to ink all the distressed edges of the layers and die cuts.  The lace is cream coloured and I toned down the colour of the stark white doily with inks.  I actually think the lace and doily go really well with the card, but then I'm biased cause I'm the one that put them there LOL!

The die cuts are from a Tattered Lace Oriental Embellishments set, that I was able to purchase with a winning gift voucher for Top Dog Dies, off of Yvonne (blog Do More with Less.)


I also used something on this card that I have not used in over 9 years!  See the little bamboo strips on either side of the peacock, they are peel offs.  Also on the inside of the card I used 2 little peel off fans. Why peel offs?  Well, I have no oriental stamps and these turned out to be perfect because they go with the gold embossing and that wonderful layer.


So, why not get your crafting head on and head on :-) over to Crafting by Designs to enter the challenge of Lace/Doilies. 

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Fantasy Stampers Challenge #7: Silhouettes (closes 11 Apr)

The Squirrel and The Fox - Challenge #67: All Creatures Great and Small (closes 17 Apr)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #89: Add Wings (entry #2)(closes 14 Apr)

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - April Challenge (closes 30 Apr)

Craft Calender Challenge - Things with Wings (closes 2 May)

I would also like to thank you all for your kind thoughts, virtual hugs and prayers.  They were very much needed.  My friend's service was wonderful, she would be so proud of her son's, their eulogies had us in tears and laughter, with wonderful memories and anecdotes of her life.  She will be deeply missed but is now free from pain and up there, no doubt, dancing with the angels. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

36 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! What more is there to say? The detail is ridiculous. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unusual design. It really works to create a card that is fun and colorful. Nice job, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely Karon... love that peacock andother picture perfect card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your scrumptious layers and texture. Beautiful design, Karon. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Now this is some kinda gorgeous! The layers and details are all just fabulous. The peacock is so pretty and I love the scroll. Beautiful colors and accents my friend, this is a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Karon. Great details and layers. The colors are so elegant. And that peacock is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! The peacock is stunning!! I love the papers and the scroll!! What a fabulous card - it's so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Karon! Such a Lovely image, I like all the accents and details. Nice colors and papers. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WANT THIS CARD ..... love, love, love everything about it. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous,fabulous design and image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful.
    Love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely, Karon! The peacock is a stunner and I love all of your layers! The scroll is beautiful and the lace is such a soft and beautiful touch. Marvelous work, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Karen this is stunning. The papers are beautiful and the peacock is WOW!! So love this card.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karon,
    This card is really beautiful! Love the colors and the design. The inside is beautifully decorated as well. Nice!

    Have a great weekend!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is very beautiful Karon.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty!

    i must've missed the news about your friend. so sorry to hear. glad to see that the service was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous oriental design, Karon - such a gorgeous stamp and I thought I recognised the little PD scroll! Lol. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers for our Silhouettes challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Uniqueness, Elegant and Beauty of this card!!
    Awesome job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the oriental theme, and the tattered lace dies are beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the layers Karon its given your card so much dimension! Even down to the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Peacocks they are so pretty.
    Your card looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your guest designer gig! Beautiful oriental card...love the lace trim and the fabulous diecuts...you picked a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally gorgeous, Karon! What a handsome peacock and the details are so perfect. Have a crafty weekend, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely card, I am liking the shabby chic meets Oriental look. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stamping. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Karon this is one of my all time ever favorite cards! Just stunning! Thanks so much for joining us as a Guest Designer this week at Crafting by Designs!
    Hugs, Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I love the clever use of peel offs! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Karon this is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘ADD WINGS’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragongfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Karon and I love the lace and the doilie:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  30. A very stylish. Love the oriental theme and the great die cuts.
    Congratulations on being a guest designer for Crafting by Designs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card! I love that image and the scroll is a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card is beautiful Karon, I love the peacock image, amazing detail.

    Thanks for joining in our latest challenge at Crafty Calendar.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...