Friday, 25 April 2014

Well, hello there!

Well, hello there my fabulous friends.  How are you all?  Did you all have a fabulous Easter?

We had Andy home for the long weekend, and I'm afraid it took me a little longer to get back to normal this time.  Every time he comes home and then goes away again, it seems to get harder and harder to deal with.  Ah well, hopefully the end is in sight :-)

It's time for an inspirational post this week at Polkadoodles, for our Springtime challenge.  You have until Friday, 2 May (12 noon GMT) to enter.

I have been looking through some of the older CD's at Polkadoodles - we tend to concentrate a bit on using the new stuff, so I decided to use Sugar Birdies CD this week.

I made two cards, as I decided to use the reverse of the other.  You will see what I mean.  I have made a pyramid card, using one of the fabulous toppers off this CD.  Then, I also did an inverted pyramid to use up those left overs.



The backing paper is also from the CD and I have inked all the edges of all the layers with CTMH Cotton Candy.  



The sentiment tickets are from the Dollie Daydream Goes East CD



For the inside, I used the same papers as the front and then found that cute little birdie stamp (Paper Company Studio - Whimsical Birds) - perfect.



So there you have a little bit of Springtime.  Here are the two CD's I used this time.

Sugar Birdies - for the main card.


Dollie Daydream Goes East - for the sentiment tickets.

** Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Collection

Time to get creating and go on over to Polkadoodles and enter, and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous creations this week.

I am entering in the following challenges.

Oh La La Creations Challenge - Challenge #154: Easter/Spring (closes 27 Apr)

Lia Stampz - Challenge #63: Pastel Colours (closes 30 Apr)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #90: Easter/Spring (closes 29 Apr)

Craftitude - Challenge #63: Anything Goes or Spring/Easter (closes 1 May)

Chocolate, Coffee & Card Challenges - Challenge #63: Spring (closes 1 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

39 comments:

  1. Beautiful card hun, have a great day Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card and lovely papers too. The way you did your tag is super. Does take a while to adjust when our love ones go again....keep smiling.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon what lovely cards and I especially love how you used the reverse, the image is so sweet, beautiful job my friend! I can't imagine how hard it must be readjusting all the time with your hubby coming and going, it has to be super hard yet you get through it every time, sorry this time had to be a little hard on you, big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What clever cards they look really fab, clever you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, they are both so gorgeous!! I don't know which way I like better - they are both amazing!! You did a fabulous job with both!! I'm glad you had a wonderful long weekend with Andy!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous cards and love the birdie paper....
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear you, Andy and the girls had a fabulous holiday. I don't know how do it, him being gone so much.

    I so love these card. Old is better sometimes. Love the reverse affect. The papers are so soft and soothing. What cute sentiments.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable Karon!! What sweet cards!!!!
    Happy to hear you had a GREAT weekend with Andy!
    Thanks for sharing my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!!! Absolutely love the colors!! The birdies are so cute :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images from that CD, love the pinkish colors... So Springy....Glad you had some quality time while hubby was home....Enjoy your wonderful weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling images Karon,wonderful pink colors and very clever use of the negative.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very smart to turn one horizontal and then flip it! Very cute and the pyramid image is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards Karon and how chuffed am I to have won the animal Magic Challenge and the Occupation Collection 1 !! Can't wait!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pyramid cards are gorgeous. Love the clean lines. The colors are beautiful. Love the softness. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As stunning as always I adore the Sugar Birdies CD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! I love the pretty pink color and the image! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I love how you created both cards, very pretty! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karon, these are sweet as a button! I love both ways... and love that you made one each way to use up the remnants! The papers are precious and your design is beautiful. Gorgeous work as always, my friend! I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend with Andy home, but am sorry it's so hard when he leaves. I too hope the end is in sight! Extra hugs!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely, just lovely! I love how you have a way of doing such unique techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww....these are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘EASTER or SPRING’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Karon, love those candy colours.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such sweet colours, Karon! The birdie is so adorable. Have a lovely weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a brilliant card and perfect for our challenge at Ooh La La. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  25. brilliant, card very pretty, thanks for joining us at craftitude, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a lovely card.
    The image is so pretty.
    Some photos it looks like a reverse pyramid, so cool

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely fabulous!! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are so cute! I just love the added interest that the layers give the images :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely beautiful cards and layout. Thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great idea for using the negatives of the images. Now you have two cards for the effort of less than 2 cards! I hope your Easter celebrations were joy filled. I've been out of town for work and want to catch up on my posts. Hopefully, that will happen! Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad you had a nice holiday Karon! Both of your cards are lovely, I like that main image. And I can't tell which orientation I like better, either, they are both super!

    ReplyDelete
  32. aw this is so pretty! love the dainty pinks!

    and i see you've entered the lia stampz challenge! so thanks for joining us this fortnight at lia stampz! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really great cards, Karon! That pyramid technique is so cool! Thank you for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hallo Karon, so glad to hear that Andy was home for the long weekend. Your cards are beautiful, I love the soft pink and the layering of the image. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh goodness. That is such a freaking cool idea! I'll have to try that some time. I'll just add it to the list of 967 other things I want to try! Love both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE your cards. Love that you used your leftovers to create a second card. Very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...