Friday, 23 May 2014

A bit of Watercolouring - sort of :-)

Hi everyone.  Hope you have all had a wonderful week.

It's inspiration week this week, at Polkadoodles, for our Things with Wings challenge.  Why not pop over and take a look at the fabulous DT creations and go along and enter.  Also don't forget that Polkadoodles turned 5 in May, and there is still time to enter to win a fabulous Birthday blog clandy too.

I decided to make a box card this week.  I have made it from an 8.5" by 11" piece of card stock.  So I had to work out the measurements for this smaller box as I could only find a tutorial for the 12" by 12" piece of card stock.  If you think you would be interested in the measurements let me know and I will do a little tutorial.


I thought I would use an actual stamp this time around and Fairy Flutterfly Gracie was the perfect choice. She is wonderful little set of 5 rubber stamps.  The large butterfly behind Gracie is also from this set, and this has been attached with a little bit of acetate to give it the height.  Gracie has been coloured up on watercolour card stock, with CTMH markers and Stampin' Up Markers.   Using the blender pen from Stampin' Up, to give it that lovely watercolour look.  She was die cut using the free set that came with my Genius Platform.


I used
CTMH
Holiday Red
Chocolate
Sorbet

Stampin' Up
Blushin Bride
Calypso Coral
Pool Party
Bermuda Bay
Blender Pen

The papers are from the Fredericka Mini Collection CD, and also the other colourful butterflies are from the Dollie Daydream Goes East Collection.  


I love the pastel shades and the papers went perfect with the colours of the image.


Some little butterflies and flowers, and a sentiment to finish it off.  And for the back I added a small panel to leave a little note, using the little flower stamp from the Gracie set.


The items I used were:

            Fairy Flutterfly - Gracie                                              Fredericka Mini CD Collection
fairy flutterfly Rubber Stamp Set - Gracie                       Fredericka - Mini CD collection

Dollie Daydream Goes East CD collection
** Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Collection

So, let me know if you would like me to do a tutorial for this size.  I might do it anyways, just for a permanent record for me :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #82: Things with Wings (closes 30 May)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #19: Anything Goes (closes 25 May)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #90: Birthdays (closes 25 May)

Sweet Stamps Blog - Challenge #170: Anything Goes (closes 26 May)

Die Cuttin Diva - Challenge #166: Happy Birthday (closes 26 May)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #178: Spots and/or stripes (closes 27 May)

Just Inspirational Challenges - Birthdays (closes 26 May)

Inky Impressions Challenge - Challenge #160: Bingo - I used Die cut/stamp/flowers (closes 28 May)

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to enter the challenge and the birthday blog candy.

Happy crafting.

42 comments:

  1. Very cute card and I am loving these box pop out cards, they look great and the are cheap to post. Have a good weekend and Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Pop Up Box Card Karon, I love the fairy image and the papers are pretty. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely box card Karon.
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful,a gorgeous image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the box design!! The image is so sweet!! You colored her beautifully!! All of the flowers and butterflies are fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute box card - aren't they find to make? love the image and the details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Karon!!

    Love the card in the box!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job...I'm going to have to try one of the box cards sometime. So super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love everything about it and the smaller size!! Of course I'd want a tutorial with these measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems you like box cards :) I have seen another box cards of yours and now I can see a perfect project again! Really nice, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card, Karon, I love the colors you've used for everything :)

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Em
    http://www.creative-em.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super adorable box card!
    Love the image!!!!
    Thanks for sharing Karon and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! The butterflies are just Beautiful!!A Sweet image and awesome coloring. Fabulous card!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun. Fabulous box card and fantastic coloring on that sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card box!! I love the adorable images and pretty papers you used!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is superb! These cards in a box are on my to-do list. You've inspired me!Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow factor Karon, love love love those box cards, my fav I could make them all the time. Fantastic colouring and super placement of your lovely goodies.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great box card haven't tried one yet but must get round to it! Thanks for joining in at crafting from the heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous box card, Karon! I adore all of the butterflies and flowers... they're just filled with life! The stamp is so sweet and colored up beautifully. Wonderful project as always, my friend! Have a blessed weekend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, Karon. I love that image. She's colored so beautifully and the butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Yes, please share the measurements. I used the measurements from Splitcoaststampers and the card was impressive. I also bought a set of box cards from SVGcuts for my Cameo.
    Can't wait to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "spots and/or stripes” challenge.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fantastic!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great box card, beautifully done. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Birthday Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous box card hun they never fail to impress!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh I love these card boxes. Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Things with Wings' Challenge over at Dream Valley. Look forward to seeing your gorgeous work again soon. Hugs, Wends x Dream Valley DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gosh...this is soooo cute! I love the idea of a box card...so fun for the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a cute card. You image is adorable, and I really like all the butterflies :)
    I keep meaning to try one of these boxed cards. they look so fun

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these box cards...yours is so pretty! Gorgeous papers and I love the sweet image! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely pop up box, Karon. The colours and embellishments make this just perfect for a girl!
    Have a great week!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  31. Karon this is just so fun and cheerful.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great box, love all the flower and butterflies you added. Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes Yes Yes to the tutorial!!! I would love to be able to make one of these, yours is heavenly, the colors are beautiful along with the butterflies, you really rocked this box card, it is so nice to be able to visit you Karon, I have missed you!!!! big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fabulous box card, Karon! Such a sweet girlie - and the butterflies are fab, I love how you've coloured them, they look so chic and Art Deco :)

    Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my word, what a blast from the past...blender pen..haven't heard that word in forever. I LOVE that people are going back to the 'old school' techniques and creating such fantastic things. Your box card is sensational Karon! The colors and explosion of Spring are perfection!
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your box card - Such a cute image and great butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I LOVE your card in a box. That is a cute stamp. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfllly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning karon and love the vibrant colours. I really need to have a go at making one of these boxes as they look FAB, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous box card. The image i over the top cute and your coloring of her as always perfection. Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great pop up box card. I love how you used all of the butterflies you used to decorate it and the colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges.

    Katya Bess
    Kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love these box cards, and the images you added are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  42. So adorable!!!Have to try this card soon!!Thanks for the card box tuto!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...