Tuesday, 20 May 2014

A little Thank You

Hi everyone. It is that time of the month for me to share something with everyone over at She's a Sassy Lady.   Thanks so much Sheila and big hugs coming your way.

I have had Andy home for the last week - yay.  It has been so wonderful to have him home for such a long time.  However, unfortunately he has to go back tomorrow :-(

Andy`s brother, Peter, came out to visit us and was able to celebrate Andy`s 50th birthday.  He has had a great time and Peter went back to the UK today.  Andy loved the card by the way, hee hee hee.

I had the occasion to make a little thank you card the other day and I decided to use the Mojo Monday sketch this week.  I am not one to use sketches very often as I tend to take them too literally.  Even on this one I had to add that little envelope and sentiment.  I was sorely tempted to also add a flower or butterfly in the dead space above the sentiment :-), but I didn't, I refrained LOL!

I love this wonderful image from Mo's Digital Pencil, it comes from a lovely set of three baby fairies.  I have coloured her in pencils for a change.  The die cut for the image and the inside of the card is from a free set that came with my Genius Platform.


I added some lovely American Crafts Mini Glitter Brads - Blush, to the ribbon and the flags (or tags, or strips of paper with inverted points cut into them - whatever you may call them LOL!).


The main layer and the image layer have been popped up on to foam tape, not only to add dimension to the card, but also so I wouldn't have unsightly bumps in the paper from the brads :-)

I couldn't resist adding that little envelope QuicKutz die and then the little ticket sentiment.

For the inside complimentary papers and a white space for adding a note.  The little flower stamp is from a CTMH stamp set called A Garden Occasions, which I have shadow stamped a second time.


And there you have a very purple card, but hey I like purple :-)

This card is being entered in the following challenges.



Mo's Bronte and Bella's Challenge Blog - Challenge #229 Whimsical  Characters w/Mo Image (closes 20 May)

Just for Fun Challenge Blog - May Challenge: Ribbon or Lace (closes 28 May)

DL.ART - May Linky Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 31 May)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #36: Anything Goes (closes 23 May)

Craftitude - Challenge #65: That's Die-licious (Use a Die)  (closes 29 May)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #57: Anything Goes (closes 22 May)

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #259: Purple Passion (closes 23 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Karon, I love this cute fairy image she is so adorable. Fabulous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Andy's Birthday went well, and that he liked the card!! Your card is adorable, what a sweet baby and the pretty colours are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card!!! LOVE the fairy image, and the little envelope with the sentiment is a great touch! Great job!!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one fairy special card...
    love the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a precious card. Love the fairy. So happy you had Andy home for a week.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! I tend to follow sketches quite closely myself but love that it makes a card so easy to create. Glad you a great birthday week with Andy and his brother from the UK! Remember, August will be here soon! That's when Andy will be back home for good, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a little cutie and so adorable! I love the card :)

    Em,
    http://creative-em.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet and adorable!! The baby fairy is precious!! Perfect take on the sketch!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time with Andy and his brother visiting!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Karon! love this sweet Mo image!
    Sketches always gave me trouble...too much of a rebel I guess. :)
    enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Karon. Such a cute image and I love that tiny envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and adorable image. I love the deep wine colour and that little envelope is darling.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgosh how adorable is that image...I really love your purple card its so pretty. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful purply card, my dear friend! The baby fairy is so adorable and I Just want to hug her! The tiny envelope and sentiment make me smile. :o) Wonderfully done, Karon! I'm so glad you've had some special time with your sweetie and hope he can return for a visit soon!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job....I love that tiny little envelope embellishment. Hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the little envelope and your colours wow, love that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this set of fairies from Mo. Really fun layout and a great card for my whimsical challenge at Mo's. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute little fairy!! Fabulous Card!! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww such a sweet card :)
    Love that image and the softness your coloured pencils gave it.
    I really like that sketch as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a little cutie! That little face is just darling and I love the soft, sweet colors you used for this card. Beautiful image and wonderful embellishments my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon this is darling, that image is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous little image,love colour ways too. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun Challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy to hear you had a wonderful time. Great to get together for such a special birthday. LOVE this card with the MM image.... so precious! Enjoy the rest of the week, Karon.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful card, Karon! I love the cute image and you did a great coloring! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet card Karon! Adorable image and love your take on the sketch!!!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute, Karon! I love the tiny envelope! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a darling image!! Awesome job on the coloring!! Love it!!
    Super cute card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad you had a great week of family time!

    This card is soooooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card, Karon! The sketches are sketches for a reason. This is also why I don't use them a lot. Too literal! Still, you made a beautiful card that will thrill the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for joining my challenge at allsorts this week

    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty, i love the lilac. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers - hope to see an entry for this week's anything goes challenge too!
    Leona x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great take on that sketch. I love the tiny envelope and message. The image is so sweet and looks lovely in that colour palette. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/That's Die-licious challenge this fortnight at Craftitude. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...