Friday, 30 May 2014

Howdy Cowboy!

Howdy partner's.  Hope you have had a great week.   I still have that other box card to finish., will hopefully get it finished on the weekend.  Well, at least put it together, as all the pieces are ready to go.

It's the start of a new challenge at Polkadoodles this week and our theme is Men on our Minds; so anything for a male.  Could be for Father's Day, a birthday, anything male related.

I decided to use one of the new collections, the Work and Play 3 CD collection.  Such fabulous images, papers and sentiments.


I used the pre-coloured saloon to make a shaped card.  I have layered up the saloon image and then cut out the swing doors.  Have then added another ticket sentiment behind the doors.  By doing this I feel it has added some depth to the card.


I inked all the edges of all the layers with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.  The cowboy is coloured with Copic markers and are listed below.


Copic Markers

Hat/Scarf - E11, E15, B21, B24
Hair - E29
Skin - E000, E00, E11
Shirt - YR00, YR12
Jacket/Trousers - E25, E27
Jeans - B34, B37
Boots - YR12, YR18
Guitar - E11, E15

I have used brown card stock for the base of my card.  And used my Silhouette Cameo to design and cut the shaped card.


For the inside, I added a white piece for writing a note.  The corners have been trimmed with a corner rounder and then distress ink added.  Also the little horse stamp was perfect, and comes from a CTMH stamp set called  Adventure Canada.


And there you have it, a wonderful little western card.  I love the cute cowboy.


I have used this collection for my project today.                                                

** Work & Play Collection 3

Nikky has a new collection being released today available for pre-order.  It is gorgeous!!  Click on the picture to take you to the shop.  Will have some inspiration to share with you soon.

**** Rose Budd Papercrafting CD Collection

Y'all come on down now and enter the challenge at Polkadoodles this week, ya hear!

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Delightful Challenges - Challenge: It's a Guy Thing (closes 5 June)

Crafting for all Seasons - Challenge #78: Boys will be Boys (closes 9 June)

Paper Pretties - Challenge #PWC312: Father's Day/Masculine (closes 3 June)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #91: Masculine or Grungy (closes 1 June)

{PIN}spirational Challenges - Challenge #109 (closes 3 June)

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982010199000/

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

47 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Karon. I won a Work and Play Collection a week or two ago, you've inspired me to have a play!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful how you brought the old old west back to life on this superb card. Your little cowboy is colored so cute and those swinging saloon door...yee haw!!!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the attention to detail Karon such a super card x http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/wk-22-men-on-our-mindspolkadoodles.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your card Karon, your colouring is fabulous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is FABULOUS Karon!!! I love the image and the overall design of your card is AWESOME!!!
    LOVING this card my friend!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Karon, love the saloon card and image. Would love to get the new CD but converted to Aussie dollars and postage, wow way too much for me....darn it!


    Have candy..Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so wonderful! I love how you shaped this card! Love those swinging doors as well! Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "It's a guy thing"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is too adorable. Love the Copic coloring too. Another great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely fabulous Karon I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card
    Love it
    Yeeehaaa :-)
    Love Scatty
    Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card Karon. Love the images and your coloring is perfection. The swing salon doors are too cute. Have a creative day.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a hoot, Karon! A fun card for boys of all ages! Have a great weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I love the saloon shape and that darling little cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my sweet friend! I tried to leave a comment on this darling card earlier, but it did not work for some reason or another - user error on my part I'm sure...lol!

    Anyway, this little card is one of those that just makes me smile! That saloon is just too cute and I love that you turned it into a shape card - how fun! Your little cowboy is cute as can be. You colored him up just perfectly. This is such a fun card, I love all the great details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karon:) OMG! this is way too cute, you are fantastic at coloring. Loved that you shared your coloring station, how fun! I also loved the pop up boxes you created so cute and lovely. Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by my friend:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. As we would call it here on the island " Cowboy Up"... love anything western... Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, he's such a little cutie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment about my latest creation.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Em
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great card K Aron, love all the details, and perfect way you did the doors, and all the distressing is perfect for this. Thanks for sharing at Crafting formAll Seasons.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous!! I love that the doors swing!! And the cowboy is so darn cute and colored perfectly!! What an awesome card my friend!! Love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic shape card! I love the saloon base and the swinging door is fabulous! The little cowboy couldn't be sweeter. Beautifully done! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is super cute, Karon, and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is totally adorable, Karon. You really color beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love what you have done with the markers--it really makes it pop! The swinging doors are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this Karon....what a fabulous card! Great colouring! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH gosh!! Way too cute!! Love the saloon shaped card and as for the little cowboy, He is a cutie patootie!!
    I absolutely LOVE it!! Super fun!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Karon, what a fun card, your colouring is fab and the inside looks just as good as the outside. Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Karon, this is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just as sweet as it can be.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic card and love how the doors open to reveal the sentiment. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is absolutely wonderful! I love it!

    Mariangela ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE your wonderful card. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful Sunday my friend.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great guy card, beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Masculine or Grungy." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful masculine card. Simply love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
    Denise
    Delightful Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute card!!
    I love the seining doors with the sentiment behind it, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is darling Karon I love the swinging doors!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Liebe Karon, ich kann nur sagen, wunderschön deine Karte, und vielen Dank für deinen Kommentar
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  37. All ready for the Rodeo! YEE HA love him xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. fabulous male card Karon, love that cutie cowboy!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, wow,wow! Your saloon card is rocking Karon!!! Love the dimension and image.

    ReplyDelete
  40. 43rd comment, what a slacker I am. I'm just catching up after my few days consumed with working the convention. My what fun. Kinda like this card! Your cowboy is adorable and charming all rolled up into a Yeehaw. Again, you are a wizard with those shaped card and this looks like it came straight out of a specialty store. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorable! What young boy wouldn't love to receive this card. Wonderful design

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fab make Karon!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Too cute!!!Love it!!!Great little scene for the cowboy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...