Friday, 2 May 2014

Something Old, Something New.

Nope, no one is getting married LOL!  It's Friday and we are starting a new challenge of at Polkadoodles this week.  The theme is Something Old, Something New, and you have to do what the theme says, use something old from your stash and something new.

It is also Polkadoodles 5th Anniversary and this May there will be lots of fun on the blog.  Today there is a blog hop for the month of May - with a fabulous give away.  Go check it out over at the Polkadoodles blog.

As a design team member we were asked to use an old collection and a new collection.

I decided to use a lovely image from the Love and Cherish collection and then the papers were from the new Work and Play collection 2.


I used a mixture of different pens for this image.


Hair - Copic E15, E18
Skin - Copic E000, E00, E93(for blush)
Dress - Spectrum Noir CR4, CR5, CR6
Umbrella - Spectrum Noir PP3, PP4
Hearts - CTMH Holiday Red

I love these papers and I inked all the edges of all the layers with CTMH Cotton Candy.


The little envelope is a QuicKutz Die, envelope and heart.

I raised up the image on some foam tape, just to give the card some depth.


Added a little bit of ribbon to finish off the front.  Then for the inside I used papers from the front and then stamped the centre panel with the lovely little rose.


So the collections I used for this were.

                    Work and Play Collection 2                                              Love and Cherish Collection
    ** Work & Play Collection 2             Love & Cherish CD-Rom

So, if you were paying attention, you might have noticed that I used some Copic markers to colour my image.  I have decided to come over to the Light side :-)  It is going to take a while to get a good collection, but my first order of 22 pens arrived.  I am going to order a few each month when I can.  I love the ones I have so far.

Anyways, get into your craft room and use something old and something new and go along and enter in this weeks challenge at Polkadoodles.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Crafting For All Seasons - Challenge #76: Lots of Layers (closes 12 May)

The Cutie Pie Challenge - Challenge #68: April Showers bring cute May Flowers (closes 10 May)

My Time to Craft - Challenge #245: April Showers (closes 2 May) just made it, phew!  :-)

Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #233: April Showers bring May Flowers (closes 25 May)

Crafting from the Heart - Challenge #16: Anything Goes (closes 4 May)

Crafting by Designs - May Anything Goes Challenge (closes 25 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

45 comments:

  1. Another Fab Card hun Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon this is just so beautiful with a wonderful mix of design papers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, love how you've done the inside as well.
    Hugs
    Anj xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and beautiful!! What an adorable image!! I love the gorgeous papers you used and the awesome design!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I've got to find time to enter before May ends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little ray of sunshine is so cute! I love how she looks like she's tip toeing around! Congrats on the Copic purchase. Brandy has some and she really enjoys using them even if she doesn't work with them regularly. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just PRECIOUS!!!
    A lovely pink and such a darling image. ADORABLE my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. Such a sweet image. Love all the pink. Love your coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Karon and I love those papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute image matching up to all your pretty papers....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super design for such a darling image. I love your tiny accessories (like the envelope and tiny ribbon on an angle) that go perfectly with the tiny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous Karon, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable Karon!! LOVE the papers and that image is as sweet as can be!
    Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious card Karon. You married the old with the new so beautifully my friend. Love the papers and your coloring s perfection.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card especially with the heart 'rain' drops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute...I love the little envelope you added.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great image and love the mix of papers and added little envelope -thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful, Karon! And just bursting with sweetness. :o) The papers are gorgeous and I am just in love with that little sweetheart you colored. Beautifully designed as always, my friend! Have a happy weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet card Karon. Pretty inside and out.

    Have a fabulous weekend my friend!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute I love the heart rain. Thanks for entering into the cutie pie challenge. Gem dt x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous Karon its great to go back and visit some of the older CD's isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is a beauty. Love all the pretty colors. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is adorable, and your colouring is perfect.
    Love the hair colour you did.
    That little envelope is so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on Polkadoodles 5th Birthday Anniversary. Your card is beautiful Karon, I love the cute image and the pretty pink papers. That small envelope is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh...this is sooooo cute! LOVE that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's a gorgeous card Karon and I love the variations of pen, but that little itty bitty envelope stole my heart...that's precious!!! :D
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  27. How sweet is this? The image is adorable and so is that tiny envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's totally what I thought when I read that, a wedding card! This is so cute nonetheless, the papers are darling and so is that image!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! Love the hearts falling under the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So very cute, Karon. The falling love-drops ... so beautiful!
    hugs, xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful Karon!
    pink, white & black is such a pretty color combo.
    enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love this color combination and the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This card is so beautiful! I just love the mix of papers and the way you've arranged everything. That tag peeking out from behind the envelope is adorable :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow Karon...I've missed out on so many fabulous designs! Love the black board shape card..great tutorial! Your latest is so pretty, beautiful work. OH..the easel card is awesome too:) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is so cute. love that dainty image!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great Card so cute.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  38. lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG! super cute and i love the mix of the pattern paper Karon:) Cute
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such sweetness! Pink and black is one of my all-time favorites and I love these sweet prints. The layout of your card is so pretty, I love that tiny little pocket. This darling card is just pretty as a picture (as my grandmother used to say)!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your cards are a work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just Beautiful....love the pretty papers and that little envelope is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...