Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Birthday Wishes and a huge Thank You!

Hi everyone.  Happy Hump Day :-)  How is your week going?  I have a Pot Luck Lunch today with some of my friends.  We have one every year before the end of school.  I was being lazy this year and offered to take some fizz and OJ to make some Bucks Fizz for everyone.  There was so much food already promised I didn't want to add to it - we always have too much :-)

I have to say a very big Thank You to my friend, Andie of Contagiously Crafty, for the most fabulous gift - that I received in the mail on the weekend.  Now, Andie had said she would love to send me something for being such a fabulous friend and I was not expecting what turned up in the post.  Andie, you will never truly know how thankful I am for your most wonderful gift and your special gift of friendship.

Andie, sent me the Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters Dies and Stamp set.  I had mentioned in passing that I would probably ask for them for Christmas - well I didn't have to wait :-)  Thank you, my dearest friend for this and your most wonderful card and note.  Look at the card she made for me, isn't it gorgeous.


Andie shares here blog with her friend Brandy, and they both make the most amazing cards you really do have to check them out.  Also, Andie wrote this amazing post which I read yesterday morning and I was so full of emotion and gratitude, that I couldn't even write a comment until later in the afternoon. You can see her post here :-)

Now after all that is said and done, I just had to play with these new stamps and dies and, a birthday card needed for today was all the encouragement I needed.


I found the perfect papers to set them off in a First Edition 6" by 6" card stock stack called Spring Feast. All I had to do was give it a base layer and add the Happy Birthday.


For the stamping of the flowers and sentiment I used CTMH Cranberry ink and the leaves are stamped with Stampin' Up Old Olive.

For the inside, I had to use the same fabulous papers.


I just loved using these dies and it's the first time I have used the stamp and die together, they really add so much dimension and detail to the flowers.  


I added some teeny tiny rhinestones to the base layer, just to give it that bit of sparkle.  So pleased with how this turned out.

I can't say thank you enough to Andie for her amazing gift, so Thank you Andie :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Challenge: CAS or Full On (closes 23 June)

Cuttin and Stampin - Weekly challenge 14-24: Birthdays (closes 23 June)

Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge #200: Celebrations (closes 23 June)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #23: Always Anything Goes (closes 22 June)

Through the Purple Haze Challenges - Challenge #46: Anything Goes (closes 21 June)

Vintage Stamping Challenges - Challenge #21: Summer Blooms (closes 6 July)

Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge #174: Anything Goes (closes 23 June)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #94: Flowers, Flowers, Flowers (closes 24 June)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Karon! I definitely fall in love in this set of dies and stamps! The flowers are amazing! I love all the details of the card! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Karon and you have received a wonderful gift from your friend...I am going to have a look and join her blog.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and stunning Karon, I love the pretty Asters and background. You received a wonderful present from your friend. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is so gorgeous! I knew you'd do something fabulous, but this has outstripped even my expectations. Someone very special is going to be blessed by you. Bouncing around in the love this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift! And Andie's card and yours are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty on both cards, the one from Andie and the one you made. The blooms you made on your card looks like the same dies from Spellbinders that I have....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, thoughtful gift from your friend!! You used the dies and stamps perfectly - what a gorgeous card!! The flowers are so beautiful!! Both cards are just stunning!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you. You did Andie proud. Your card is so pretty. The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon 2 gorgeous cards.

    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card, love the papers
    thanks for playing with us at crafy sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore the Gorgeous paper used on your BEAUTIFUL card!! The flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Andie, that is very SWEET and your card is Gorgeous!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous, Karon! I love HC and you've showcased the exact reason why... they are so stunning. Gorgeous background paper, too! Enjoy your blessings, my friend! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting gift. You sure made good use of the dies and stamps. Both yours and her cards are stunning. Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a blessing to have a friend like Andie. Her card is gorgeous. And, oh my, your card is absolutely breathtaking. I love those flowers and the pearly sheen is lovely.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! the cards are beautiful Karon, I hope you lunch was fun:) TFS and have a great evening!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two delightful cards Karon but it's the second that really steals the show for me, the colours and design really make a statement.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing at DS4Joy, hope to see you again soon {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card. I have to go take a look at that stamp and die set. You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Happy Birthday card its beautiful..

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE your GORGEOUS card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning Karon....the flowers are so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So super sweet of her. Lovely card too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cards are stunning.
    So so sweet of your friend for her thoughtful gift.
    I will have to check out her blog.
    Love the dimension to those flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so pretty! Hope you are doing well. Sorry I haven't been around much, the kiddos keep me too busy during the summer! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. What a gorgeous card!
    And your friend is so sweet and thoughtful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the heart - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely cards, thanks for joining in the fun at TTPH.
    Good Luck
    Hugs Jo DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely stunning card love the flowers gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. They are such lovely birthday cards! Fantastic job on your flowers too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown challenge! :) Kimberly S

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow Karon both these creations are stunning. Just love tge quilt design paper on the first and the stunning flowers on the second.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both cards are just fabulous! Amazing how beautiful a card can be with gorgeous background papers and some die cuts and flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...