Monday, 16 June 2014

Jane Austen meets Polkadoodles :-)

Hi everyone.  I took the girls to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, on the weekend.  Emily went in to see it in 3D, but Shannon and I saw it normal view :-)  It was such a wonderful movie.

Well, I am finally feeling a little of the mojo returning.  So, today I thought I would share a make with you that is from the absolutely stunning new collection at Polkadoodles, this is the new Rose Budd Papercrafting Collection CD.  If you are a fan of Jane Austen or maybe the Bronte Sisters or maybe all things vintage, you are going to love this new collection.

  *****Rose Budd Papercrafting CD Collection

Rosebudd

I made the little house on the right and the cottage in the centre, from templates on the CD, then Nikky put it all together to make this fabulous scene, from other makes by our fabulous DT.

Here, however is the card I wish to share with you today.  Every element on this card is from this fabulous new CD.


This is Rose Budd, and isn't she just so adorable.  She has been coloured with Copic markers.


Here are the colours I used.


I really enjoyed putting this card together.  I distressed the edges of the base layer and then inked all the edges of all the layers to make them pop.  


Do you see those fabulous gems?  Well, they aren't real gems, they are paper, but Nikky is so detail oriented that they look amazing.  I have added dimension by cutting out the butterfly, gems, bow, and popping them up with foam dots, as well as Rose Budd.

The little envelope has been cut twice, and I then added the front only of the second envelope, again this gives it a sense of depth.

For the inside I used complimentary papers.


This collection is truly amazing and if you have the chance there is a wonderful gallery on the Polkadoodles site for you to check out.

One more look at my creation.


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - June: Always Anything Goes (closes 30 June)

DL.ART - June Linky Challenge: Always Anything Goes (closes 30 June)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #94: Flowers, Flowers, Flowers (closes 24 June)

Inky Impressions - Challenge #163: For the Girls (closes 18 June)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #61: Always Anything Goes (closes 19 June)

Craftitude Challenges - Challenge #67: Use Flowers and/or Lace (closes 25 June) 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. The two cottages you made for the main CD display is gorgeous. Love your card and the CD looks tempting...luv aNNIe
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Karon! I like the cottages you have made. The card is so cute. I love the papers! Nice coloring and image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Just so adorable .... swooon!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work, love everything about this card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the image and the lace, I love the papers on this cd
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the image and the lace, I love the papers on this cd
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon you are so talented. Love the cottages. You card is stunning with the beautiful papers and perfectly colored little girl. Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon this is gorgeous.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just Gorgeous!! I love the precious image and Yes, the gems do look real..lol. I LOVE this!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, Karon. Love the colors and the angled layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Karon! Once again you hit it straight out of the park! I love Jane Austen so this has to be my favorite of your Polkadoodles projects, though they are all outstanding. Between the houses and the card- wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable and beautiful card! I love your design! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so gorgeous! love all the vintage-ing you did around the edges

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that little village you created and your card is super cute. Love the coloring and the details you did on your card....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. This is fabulous. I can't believe those gems are paper. I love the attention you paid to every detail, inking all of your edges. The layout is gorgeous and the lace adds that very special Victorian touch. The inside is fab too, Karon. Overall, this is an outstanding design.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. What amazing use of such fantastic goodies, Karon! Your card is delightful and the village scene is incredible! Beautifully done, my friend! :o) Have a sparkly day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rosebud is adorable and you made a perfectly adorable card! Such pretty papers and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the layers and design!! The image is so sweet and colored beautifully!! The little houses you made are amazing!! I'd say your mojo has definitely returned (though I don't think it was ever gone!!) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beauty. Rosebud is so pretty. Colored beautifully. Gorgeous work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my - just look at all this sweetness! Rose Bud is just as lovely as her name. You colored her beautifully and the inking along the edges adds a wonderful vintage look. The pretty rose bud background paper is just perfect and your embellishments are fabulous. This is a gorgeous card my friend!
    PS -hoping to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 very soon - glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon your card is simply exquisite.
    I love Jane Austin and the Bronte sister. I visited the home they grew up in, while I was in Britain. I am so inspired to not only want to see the movie you speak of, but also get that CD those images look so fun. You colored them beautifully. Can you tell I just love it?
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is beautiful and elegant Karon, I love the image and the layout. That lace and embellishments is so pretty. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Karon!!! This is gorgeous! What an adorable image and great card!!!!
    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is gorgeous.
    Wow, I thought those jewels were real, so so cool.
    Rose Budd is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘FLOWERS’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful design, thank you for sharing at DS4Joy, hope to see you again soon {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun! LOVE it. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is sooooo sweet and pretty! I really love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude.
    I am waiting for my CD to arrive.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...