Monday, 2 June 2014

Summer's a comin' :-)

Finally, the weather seems to be heading towards the lovely warmth of summer.

I took the girls to the cinema, on Saturday, to see Maleficent.  It was a great movie, with a bit of twist on the original Sleeping Beauty, but we all really enjoyed it.

I am kiddie minding today :-) Now, if only I could bottle some of the energy that these two little ones have - I would be a millionaire.  But I love looking after them - they are so good and cute too!

Anyways, let's get on with this post.  Last week I left you hanging with a tutorial for the smaller box card. Well, I was finally able to spend some time in the craft room yesterday (between wash loads) and finish off the card.

Here is what I have for you.


This little cutie pie is from the latest Polkadoodles Work and Play collection, number 4. The papers are also from this fabulous CD.  I cut up a sheet of the waves, that is also on the CD, as I wanted it to look like she is playing in the water.


She is coloured with Copic markers.  I have decided to just put them in a holder, rather than list them individually.  I know a lot of you already do this, so thanks for the inspiration.


The sea creatures and birds are from the Bonbon Belles Double CD.  They are cut with my Silhouette Cameo, using the print and cut feature.  I found this lovely little piece of ribbon and wonderful shell charm, amongst my stash, and just had to add them.  


For the back of the card, I just added a panel to write a note and found a little shell stamp to finish off the panel.


There you have it another box card - I am loving doing these as they come together so easily and really add depth and interest to a card.


There you have it.  Summer fun is on it's way.

The two collections I used were - (click on the picture will take you to the Polkadoodles shop)

** Work & Play Collection 4             Bonbon Belles Double CD Collection

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Stampin for the Weekend - Challenge: For the Girls (closes 5 June)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #30: Use a Metal Embellishment (closes 10 June)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #93: Girly/Feminine (closes 10 June)

4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge #196: Crazy Egg {Anything Goes} (closes 3 June)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #59: Always Anything Goes (closes 5 June)

Cut It Up - Challenge #46: Summer Vacation (closes 11 June)

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #24: Summer Fun (closes 30 June)

Just Inspirational Challenges - June Monthly Challenge: Summer (closes 30 June)

Sisters of Craft - June Monthly Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 30 June)

DL.ART June Linky Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 30 June) 

Craftin Desert Diva's - Craft it Up & Link it Up Linky Party - Fun Folds (closes 8 June)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

46 comments:

  1. YEAH Summer! Last day of school today...WOO HOO and then Summer school starts tomorrow...BOO!! :( No break here, but it's nice to have a place I can come to get away, even if it's your spectacular blog and fabulous card box!! Wonderful job Karon :)
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Great job. I need to do the same with my copics and write their numbers ontop. Thanks for joining is over at vs sweet challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super fun Karon! So summer, great papers and awesome design! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pop up box card.. Love the cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, she is so adorable! LOVE the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fabulous, Karon!! I love the design!! She is so adorable surfing the waves!! I love this!! So fun and summery!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for my theme, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Membe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon what a beautiful boxcard.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this!!
    Super fun pop up card!!
    She is adorable and fun details!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this adorable card just screams: WELCOME SUMMER! I love that sweet little bathing beauty, she is so cute. The waves, seashells and birds are all such wonderful additions to this sweet card - LOVE everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous box card, Karon! I love the papers and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brandy was just pointing out this design on a YouTube the other day. I've already forwarded your post link to her. What a cute little card- your young lady seems to really be enjoying herself. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous box card. I love your little surfer, she is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love it Karon its fabulous!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it turned out sooooo CUTE. I LOVE how you decorated it up. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun card, these are so cool.
    It does look like she is playing in the water. I love the seagulls flying above her :)
    I am planning on going to see this movie next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness. This is super cute! I love your attention to details Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon, this is completely adorable! What a beautiful and sweet take on the box card. I love the surfing sweetheart and gorgeous shell charm! Wonderfully done, my friend! :o) Have a twinkly night!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love your pretty Pop Up Box Karon, the girl image is so cute. You created a beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Karon, what a great box card I just love the waves and all the elements that pop out.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the dimension, too. That little girl really seems to be enjoying frolicking in the waves. Love those swimmies!

    Thanks for sharing your Summer Vacation project at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Karon, you really make the most of your CDs.
    this box card is adorable and you can tell you love using the CDs. The images you used are so cute and colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, I have made around three of these today while at the nursing home with dad, love this card....now from a DT point of view...this is just gorgeous...thanks for joining in our challenge Karon...Annie

    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card, Karon! I love that little girl surfing and the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful box card - love all the waves! Wondered about Maleficent - have always loved the character!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful project, like all the details. Great image, and nice touch with the shell charm.

    Thanks for entering our 4 Crafty Chicks challenge. Way to Go!!

    Leanne DT@4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great box card Karon, that image is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute! LOVE the scene you created with the box card! Great images and coloring! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Cut It Up and Craftin' Desert Divas!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow so cute , what a great box card love it, thank you for joining us at jic monthly challenge, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cute , and fun !!! Great way to use the image !! Thank you so much for linking up with us at Craftin'Desert Divas !!! Hope you have a lovely day !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful my dear! Absolutely beautiful!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a fun little project which smacks of summer.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Karon:) I loved Maleficent too and it even made me cry, glad you guys enjoyed it:) You pop up card is sweet and fun and it sure feels like summer around here:) Off I go to see what I've missed. Enjoy your weekend my friend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a cool box card. Love how she is walking with the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Karon....your box card is just fabulous! Love the beach scene , perfect for summer. Happy to hear its warming up....it took its time this year! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This box card is so adorable!!! Love everything about it! (: Thanks so much for linking up at Craftin' Desert Divas!

    Krystle CDD DT
    krystlescraftyniche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Back with my DT hat on:
    This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘GIRLY/FEMININE’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely love this! Those waves are amazing and as is your colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, my, this is gorgeous. You have such a knack for putting things together, and your coloring is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really love this box card. It is fun and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a pretty card!! I am loving these box cards!! You coloring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh that's just tooooo cute, Karon! Gorgeous colouring too!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh I so love seeing Polkadoodles images.. thankyou so much for sharing your inspirational make with us at Sisters of Craft and good luck in the challenge. Tina-Maree DT x

    ReplyDelete
  45. what a great pop up box card, its so fun. Thank you for entering with us over at JIC this month, I hope you will join us again, our new monthly challenge goes live tomorrow and so does our weekly challenge. Sian (JIC Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...