Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Tee'd Off and a quick tutorial.

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all well.  It has been just over a week since my last post; sounds like the start of a confession doesn't it :-)  Sorry about that - just life getting in the way :-)

Anyways, Andy was home for the weekend.  He went back to Winnipeg yesterday :-(  It was good to have him home though.

My card today is for a man in your life, and it's from the June new release at Imagine That Digis, this is the Golf Set.  Kris, kindly let me have a play :-)


I used the pre-coloured images from the Golf Set as well as the sentiments.  The papers are from my stash.


I added some dimension by layering the image, using foam dots.

For the inside, just using some complimentary papers.


I am also including a little tutorial (as requested) on how I trace digital images, using my Silhouette Cameo.  I know that there a lot of good video tutorials out there, however I thought I would share a pictorial here too :-)

Open up your Silhouette Studio Program.  Top left, Click on File, then Open, and locate the digital image in your stored location and double click on the file, this will bring the image onto your mat in Design Studio.


Now to trace the image.  You need to click on the little blue butterfly top right.  This will open up the trace window.  Then click on Select Trace Area.  Trace around the image, I uncheck High Pass filter and then up the Threshold to 100%.


Next, click on Trace Outer Edge.  This will give you a cut that is directly on the outline of the image.  I have separated the digital image from the cut edge just to show you what I mean.


Now, you can put them back together and select both, then right click and group together the image and cut line.  You can then size your image accordingly.  I try and put several images on one page, so that I don't waste paper, then print out and cut your image.

Sometimes, you might want to add a little white border to your image.  To do this, you will need to use Offset.  So before grouping your image and cut line, at the above stage, click on the traced cut line, then right click and choose Offset, this will put a rather large outer edge to your digital, but you can resize this however you wish.


Over to the right, you can adjust the width of the Offset. I tend to go for 0.050 and then click on Apply.


Now you will see that you have two cut lines and you need to remove the inner one.  Just click inside close to the inner line, this will select it and then all you do is delete it.

Then re-position your image inside the Offset cut line and group together.  Then print and cut.


I hope that this tutorial has been useful to some of you out there and you were able to follow along.  At some stage, I will get brave enough to do proper video tutorials for my blog.  Maybe that is a summer project for me, to learn to do videos :-)

Here is the card once again to finish off.


This is the collection I used.  Click on the picture and it will take you to the Imagine That Digi Store.


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Ooh La La Creations - Challenge #158: Father's Day/Male (closes 22 June)

Crafting from the Heart Challenges - Challenge #22: Always Anything Goes (closes 15 June)

Craft your Passion Challenges - Challenge #217: Father's Day/For the Boys (closes 15 June)

That Craft Place Challenges - Challenge: Men (closes 21 June)

Bearly-Mine challenges - June Challenge: One for the Boys (closes 28 June)

Sisters of Craft - June Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 30 June)

Thanks for stopping by today, I have another card for you tomorrow, using this set. (Yep two days in a row, LOL!)

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. Great card Karon and brill tutorial too...if only I had a silhouette!! I must ask really nicely and perhaps Santa will oblige!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Masculine card Karon, I love the images and the pretty papers. So glad to hear that you had a nice weekend with Andy. Anet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it, Karon. Great colors. I gravitate to anything golf. I don't play but hubby does. Golf keeps my sanity since he retired. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Love the papers. The golf bag is adorable. You did a great job on the tutorial TFS. Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card and tutorial. I must have seen a zillion tutorials on tracing and yours was spot on - clean and simple. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TEE-rific card Karon! Love the tutorial......I must look into getting a cameo, I'd love to trace images like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your cards Karon and thank you so much for providing a tutorial on your silouette! I know many have those nifty machines and it might also help those with similar machines if they can find the right buttons :) Love the papers you used for this card too! Many thanks!! *Ü* Have a lovely day ~ kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really, REALLY great tutorial!! I have tinkered with mine, but never got to where I understood what I was doing. Thanks to you, I think I can do it now. Love your image you chose for a masculine card.
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon, your design is TEE-rific. The layout is outstanding and I love the group of papers you used. Your tutorial will be sure to inspire those who have a Cameo. It's nice to know, in case I ever get one, that it is so simple to use with digital images.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a an awesome card, Karon!! I love the colors and design!! I wish I had a cameo to use your fabulous tutorial!! Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute, COOL and FUN!! I Love your tutorials!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab masculine card!!love thee colors and image!!Thx for the tuto!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fabulous card. Those prints are simply perfect for the feel of the images. As usual, your tutorials make me feel lacking without a Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card. I didn't know you eere so tech savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Karon, what a fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card - love the images and "manly" patterns. I should make my poor hubby take up golf just so I can use that fun golf bag. Awesome card and tutorial my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just lovely, Karon! The golf bag is amazing with the fun patterns! The background papers are fantastic.. it's amazing how beautiful so many patterns can work together. :o) Wonderful card and tutorial! (And I'm so happy you had some time with your sweetheart!)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab masculine card, my friend! Perfect image.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card! And I so want to give this a try one day so thank you for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, I love the sentiments that you have added to this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning masculine card with your design and great tutorial..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome use of the papers to create that brilliant background for the lovely digi image! A beautiful make!

    Thanks for sharing it with us at That Craft Place!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is pretty tee-rific too!Great mix of papers and design.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Karon what a super card for a chap and thanks so much for sharing that fab tutorial!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Ooh La La this week for our Father's Day/masculine challenge
    Anne
    Ooh La La Designer

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kinda makes me wish I had a silhouette! Love the image and your great card. Thanks for playing at OLL, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing and for the terrific tutorial.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely Masculine card, Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  29. love it. thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. michelle dt.xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...