Monday, 30 June 2014

Vacation time and a little bit of Christmas :-)

Hi everyone. Schools out for Summer and Andy came home on Friday night.

I am so excited :-)  We are off on our vacation this evening, we are flying to Las Vegas and then we have three weeks of road trip, covering 7 (4 on the route, but we go off this route daily too) states and over 3000 miles :-)

I am going to show a map of the route we are doing.  Anti-clockwise from Las Vegas.  If you don't hear from me in a week or so, could you please send a search party LOL!


And of course what better way than to go off on vacation, but to share a Christmas card with you :-)

Nikky  (Polkadoodles) has been and done it - she has her whole DT in awe of this fabulous new Work & Play Festive Hollybobs CD.  Full of amazing Christmas goodies, characters, papers, embellishments, sentiments, templates, design sheets just so many wonderful things for your crafting.


I used one of the pre-coloured design sheets.  All the elements are from the CD, including the backing papers and little envelope sentiment.


I added some Sakura Stardust Gel pen on the tree and some of the holly berries.  Adding a little foil star to the top of the tree.  The Santa, is layered up to add some dimension.

For the inside, I used some complimentary papers and added some little Christmas trees stamped in the corners.


I inked all the edges of all the layers with CTMH Cotton Candy ink.  The little trees are from a little CTMH stamp set called Nature's Delight Petite Perks.

This really is such a fun and fabulous CD collection.  


This is the new collection.

**FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Work & Play Collection

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

The Squirrel and the Fox - Challenge #73: Christmas in July (closes 10 July)

Christmas Card Challenges - Challenge #31: Anything Goes (closes 6 July)

I apologise if I don't get chance to comment and visit, although I will try :-)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be back now and again, with a few photos of our adventures.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Karon, I love the cute Santa Image. Enjoy your holiday and have a safe trip. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super ADORABLE card Karon! Love that image!
    Have a GREAT vacation my friend....your trip sounds like so much fun!!! Enjoy, take alot of pictures and have an amazing time!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fab time...I'll be there in spirit!! Great card!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty holiday card.... Enjoy your vacay time with the family..... have lots of fun time and don't forget to buy lots of new crafty stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Christmas card! So cute! You will have so much fun on your trip! Can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely holiday and we'll see you when you get back all tanned and relaxed. It seems odd to be talking about holidays and Christmas in the same post but this little fella is just too cute and makes a great card. Love it!
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Have a great, very safe vacation and above all, have FUN! :)

    Hugs,
    Em
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card!! That little Santa is so cute!! I love the details and design!!

    Have a safe and fabulous trip my friend!! Enjoy, take lots of pictures and have a great time!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. If I didn't hate my coloring this is the Collection I would have to have. I love the images you used.
    Have a wonderful trip. Come back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful and very SWEET Christmas card!! Love Christmas!!
    Have a happy & safe trip my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karon,
    Love your adorable Christmas card, it turned out great.
    Your trip looks very exciting, lots of fun filled miles. Enjoy and be safe.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable…but I really don't want to think of anything that pertains to snow at the moment, teehee.
    You vacation sounds awesome…I love road trips :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like your road trip will keep you busy - but looks fantastic! the Christmas card is gorgeous.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karon, have an amazing vacation and take lots of pictures to share with us. Your card is solo cute and festive! TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Holidays Karon...have a safe trip! Super card,fabuous design!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christmas in July. Such a cute card. Have a wonderful trip. Hope to see lots of pics. Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card. Sounds like you and your family will be having a ball traveling around. I love Vegas, so if I fly there, I stay there. Good for you for being adventurous. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. such an adorable Christmas card Karon! love that peppermint candy striped backing paper!
    have a safe & happy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute. Hope you had fun on your vacation! Thanks for linking up with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...