Friday, 18 July 2014

And in the midst of it all - a card!

Hi everyone.

For those of you who have been following my blog and our vacation.  I will finish the final couple of posts over the weekend for Day 17/18.  Andy had a fabulous helicopter trip and got some amazing pictures for me to share.

We checkout of our hotel today and unless I get chance at the airport, I will not have internet access or probably the time to do my post.  Will be dosing myself up on Gravol and hopefully have a good flight home :-)

We have had a fantastic vacation and although sad to see it end, am looking forward to our home comforts and our own beds, and of course returning to our beautiful cat, Jess !

My card for the new challenge at Polkadoodles.  We are inspiration week this week, and the theme is Add a Twinkle (it doesn't have to be Christmas).

Before leaving for vacation, I made this shaped easel card, using the pre-coloured Christmas pudding from the new Festive Hollibobs Work and Play collection.

On this fabulous sentiment - I added some gold Sakura pen.


My twinkle, the gem currants :-)


All the elements are from the CD.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to design the card, and therefore cut an icing layer from one of the wonderful backing papers.


I coloured some pearl dots with a red Copic pen, for the berries on the holly.  Plenty of twinkle don't you think :-)  The gems are from Flourish with A Bling and are Antique Brown, I was lucky enough to win a challenge at Just Inspirational Challenges, thank you.


Your turn to get ahead on some Christmas crafting and enter our challenge at Polkadoodles.

Here is the collection I used.  Festive Hollibobs Work & Play collection.

**FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Work & Play Collection

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. This is beautiful,love the design and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pudding card Karon, I like the design, have a lovely weekend
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Christmas pudding. Beautifully done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy scrummy looks good enough to eat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not like 'real life' Christmas Pudding but I LOVE this one! It's properly festive and makes me want to sing for more figgy pudding!!! Y x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Hope you're having a fab holiday!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Karon. I hope the journey home goes smoothly :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shaped easel card is absolutely scrumptious. What a clever design.

    Enjoy your trip home.

    Blessing hugs & prayers for a safe return,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. On vacation you still manage to post a pretty card! Amazing! I really like the gem currants. You're on your way in the Christmas card department- and on your way home. You know I truly feel your pain today and will pray for an uneventful flight (in every single way!). Safe travels and a restful night at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy easel card.. love all those pretty gems!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Glad you have had a wonderful vacation. Safe travels home for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous, Karon!! I love the design and the papers!! The gems look amazing!! This is fabulous!! Love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your sweet card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun idea, love the gem currants! Enjoy the rest of your hols x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Christmas pudding card. Love the papers and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a super idea and card, I love the pudding and all the sparkle on it.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous I love your designs xx
    Sandie
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whaaaat? this is AWESOME!!! Love this card so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karon, I am in love with this little pudding card, the little details such as the sakura pen and the little gem currants are just amazing!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. fab easel card hun and love the way you've added the gems x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... Karon!
    All those wonderful vacation posts and an adorable card to boot, you are AMAZING!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! love Christmas pud to
    Hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. great card, and it is making me hungry!! katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab make Karon - the holiday pics look amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...