Friday, 25 July 2014

Clash of the Colours?

Hi everyone.  Wow Friday already, and we have been back from vacation for a week already!  Where does the time go?

Well, I had some fun time getting back in the craft room this week, it was nice and relaxing.

We have a new challenge starting this week at Polkadoodles and it is called Clash of the Colours. Now, I had a bit of a problem in that the ink had run out of my printer, and the replacement inks I had (that hubby ordered) were the wrong ones!  Oh no, what to do?  With a DT card needed for today!

Well, luckily, I always have extra papers printed and the fan and butterflies were already cut from previous crafting sessions.  So it was a great excuse to have to use up those scraps too :-)


I love this fan!  I had the black layers cut and then added the floral layers. Added a medium size brad to secure the fan together.  Couldn't resist adding a butterfly. The paper, butterfly and sentiments are from the wonderful Dollie Daydream Goes East Collection.  Did you know that this is now also available as an immediate download!  


I added some lovely pearl dots from Flourish with a Bling, these are Plum coloured and were perfect to add to the fan.

The blue polka dot paper is from the Bonbon Belles CD collection and the butterfly base layer is from the wonderful Fredericka CD.

I inked all the edges of all the layers with CTMH Cotton Candy ink.


Do you think it meets the Clash of the Colours challenge?  Why don't you give it a try and come up with a mix of colour, that maybe you wouldn't normally try.

For the inside I used the same papers and added another butterfly to finish it off.


You have until Friday 8th August, 12noon GMT, to enter.  So why not go along and enter this fortnights challenge at Polkadoodles - Clash of the Colours.

These are the collections I used.

Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Collection

Bonbon Belles Double CD Collection   Fredericka - Mini CD collection

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Challenge #70: Polka Dots (closes 7 Aug)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #67: Always Anything Goes (closes 31 July)

Craft Catz - Challenge #241: Anything Goes (closes 31 July)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

44 comments:

  1. Clash!? no question Karon!! Actually is works brilliantly and there seems to be an oriental feel somehow, probably that lovely fan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the clash of colours x Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and very clever card Hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the fan and butterfly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grooviest fan I believe I've ever seen!! It's GORGEOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I love these colours together!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gooooood xx I love the mix of papers, so clever x
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever, love this very much xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous,love the fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful papers and I love the contrast of the bright colours against the black, so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous Karon! I love the fan :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you mean clash as in throw down on the creative genius, then yes, this is a clash! I think everything works well together even if it isn't in pale pink and green like so many creations out there. Great job, Karon. Sheeee's baaackkk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love that "scrap" creation! So Pretty!! The colors are fab and I love that fan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful Karon!!
    Another awesome card!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! The colors are so beautiful!! Love that fan!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you card is stunning Karon, so bright and beautiful!
    have a great weekend!
    hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is simply stunning, loving the fan effect x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That fan is so cool and your butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! I love this!!!
    GORGEOUS colors! FABULOUS!!
    Have a wonderful day my bloggie friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow your card is gorgeous Karon, I love the pretty fan and the colour combination. Just stunning. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marvelous card, Karon! I really love the colors and the pretty fan. It always feels great to make something so beautiful, while using up some scraps, too.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous design, Karon! I love those gorgeous rich colours and the black mats really enhance the design!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Funny how we all recoil at the thought of clashing colours but you have proved how well they can work. Love the idea of this card and your colours work so well together, I like the fan edged with the black too.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Karon, so good to have you back crafting again...xx
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good to see you crafting again. Love your card. And the colors are great. I think the black layer is the key here. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. everyone's gone all out in this colour clashing. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. lots of clashing there lol, thank your for joining us at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card Karon, those colours work beautifully and the fan looks fab!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful card, Karon! The colors and patterns are stunning and I am in love with that butterfly! I'm sorry your printer gave you hassles, but you sure recovered and created a lovely project despite them. :o) Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great way to use up some scraps. LOVE your BEAUTIFUL card.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the fan too.......Beautiful card Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really eye-catching! LOVE the fan!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! this is such a beautiful card and I love that fan, beautiful. TFS
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have made such a colorful card! Love the idea and the layout you created. Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card, your "clash" came together quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this card thank you so much for joining us at sister act this week and good luck
    hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is amazing, amazing colours and fab design. Love the inside too xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW! This is awesome, Karon .... definitely a clash of colours!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fab card. I love the colours, so bright and vibrant. They work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is gorgeous Karon, I love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card my friend. Love the papers and love how all the colors works so well together.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is truly stunning! I absolutely love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...