Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Day 1 Vacation - The Journey

Hi everyone.  I thought I would do some posts of our vacation.  And as yesterday was our journey, I thought I would share :-)

Some of you may know that I really do not travel well and so half hour before the flight, I made sure I dosed myself up on Gravol.  Best thing I could have done.  The flight was 5 hours long and I have to say I weathered it very well :-)  The girls did well too!

We arrived in Las Vegas at around 10.30am local time and to searing temperatures of 38c (101f) - I've been told "well, it's a dry heat" LOL!  We have humidity levels really high in Ottawa where I live, so this heat was a little different :-)

We picked up a rental car and then headed to our first stop hotel, which is Kanab, Utah near the Red Hills. We did get stuck in a traffic jam on the 15 north, it was moving, but added a good 1 1/2 hrs onto our journey.  But the scenery certainly made up for it.  Here are some photo's that the girls took out of the car window :-)  Tally of miles, 202 miles, on the ground LOL!

Just a few photo's today.  Will get some photos of the Red Hills this morning.




Emily thought these hills/mountains looked as if they had castles on the top.  Come to think of it, how tall does a hill have to be, to be a mountain?!! :-)

Today we are off to the Grand Canyon.  Andy and Emily are going to have a ride in a helicopter through the Canyon.  Shannon and I are staying on terra firma, no way will you get me in that small an aircraft :-)

So hope to have some wonderful photos to share with you.

Hope you are all having a great summer.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy, what ever you maybe doing :-)

15 comments:

  1. Not a great traveller myself but think I could manage for a trip like yours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left me behind Karon....I need a trip lol...
    great pics and yes they do look like castles in the distance on that mountain.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Isn't the scenery amazing?
    Happy to hear that the plane trip was not miserable for you (thank goodness for drugs)! Take lots of photos tomorrow, I look forward to seeing them. I bet that helicopter ride will be amazing, but I don't blame you one little bit for wanting to stay on the ground...lol!
    Have fun my friend and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the flight was a good one, my sweet friend. The pics are great. The girls did good getting them. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us :)

    Hugs,
    Em xxx
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like the ruins of a castle on top, doesn't it? I am so glad you are getting this family vacation. I hope you continue to have a great time with your girls and your beloved Andy.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos. So glad your trip is nice so far. I don't think I would get in the helicopter either. Show us lots of photos. I'm traveling "virtually" right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... Your daughter's took great pic's out of the car window, Karon :):):) Beautiful!!! I'm happy you guys had a safe flight. As for the helicopter ride, I'd be all in on that! Sounds amazing. Have fun and TFS!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos from the window! And 111 is still very hot even if it is dry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad the flight went well!! The pictures are gorgeous!! Enjoy the Grand Canyon!! I was there a couple of years ago and while I didn't take the helicopter ride, I wish I had!! Keep on keeping us posted and travel safely my friend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear you weathered the flight so well. WOW that is some hot weather. We hit 90 yesterday and I was wishing for winter. Pics are awesome. Will be watching for more. I'm with you no way I'm getting on a helicopter. lol

    Have fun my friend.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear that you had a pleasant flight Karon, thank you for sharing the beautiful photo's. Enjoy your holiday and have a safe journey. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful country to visit! TFS your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see all the pics of your fun adventure. I've never been in a helicopter. Not sure I ever will. lol. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were in town on a stay-cation at this exact time. So sad that we were so close to each other (just a few precious hours) without connecting! I love your pictures and I'm going to work my way to catch up on your posts. I hope all is well... I'm off to find out!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...