Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Day 15 - Journey to Vegas

Hi everyone.  Yesterday we had a great journey to Vegas.  Was a really good trip and made good time.

As we were heading out, I thought, we're home, LOL!  Not :-)


A few scenic photo's to share with you from the journey.


We drove through the Majave Desert!  Reached about 107f.  However, when we got to Las Vegas it was still 104f!


Fabulous and hot :-)


Love this craggy castle :-)


We passed this great named place.  Do you think perhaps they ran out of alphabet stickers and just made up a name with the remainder LOL!


Of course I got a face :-)


The long road approaching Vegas.



As we were approaching this hill, we saw another face in the clouds.  Elvis is in the clouds over Vegas. Look carefully now, it is there :-)


Had to take a photo of the mileage counter in the car.  The finally tally and temperature!


Tally of miles 290 (467km) yesterday.  Total for the whole trip finished, as above, 4335.8 miles (6977.8km) !!!!!!!

We handed the car back as we do not need it for our 3 nights here in Vegas (2 more nights to go).  It is hard to believe, that we are already on countdown to returning back to normality.

We will be out and about the Las Vegas strip today, and tonight we are going to see Penn & Teller at the Rio.  I have always wanted to see these live and we have VIP seats too - thanks to my wonderful hubby.

That's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. Viva Las Vegas! Wow, ching ching I hope yo all luck there?$$$$$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning scenery! Have FUN in Vegas baby! LOL

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck in Vegas and hope Penn and Teller are up to scratch!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOW, so tolle Bilder
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing clean out loud with your post! Only a papercrafter can drive through the desert and postulate that the sign makers ran out of letter stickers and just used leftovers! That is classic for all time!!!!!

    Love the photos- looks like my home. Your faces are cracking me up too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous pictures!! Elvis!! I love it!! I hope you have a great time at the Penn and Teller show!! And if you gamble at all, good luck!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time in Vegas. You've traveled many miles and have had a fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous trip. Have a great time in Vegas. My favorite face is Elvis in the clouds. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Karon, look at all those miles and that temperature!!! It makes me tired, just thinking about all that you guys have done. Hope you all enjoy your saty in Vegas.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous photos Karon - have a wonderful time in Vegas!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such AWESOME pictures Karon!!!! Have fun in Vegas and thanks so sharing all these AWESOME pictures!!!! I feel like I have been on vacation with you all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Ontario sign :)
    Laughing at the state that ran out of sticker letters, lol thats a good one.
    Do you think the heat got to you..seeing all those faces in objects, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have pictures of that road sign too. Isn't it just the funniest thing. I think someone got bored or maybe got little too much sun on naming day. lol. Well at least they capiatlized it Zzyzx Rd. lol. Thanks for the memory boost.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahahahaha...love that road sign!! Reminds me of my husbands hometown, Where. You can imagine that conversation.
    "I'm in Where"
    "Where?"
    "Yes"
    "What?" "Where are you?"
    "Excatly"

    I found the faces. Except for Elvis. I only saw an old man with a large proboscis.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...