Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Day 8 - A Neverending Road - eh!

Hello peeps!  Wasn't sure if I was going to get this posted this morning, as we had internet problems, and only Andy could get on there - so I'm using his computer.  The show must go on eh!

If you have been following along, you will know that yesterday was our longest journey of the whole trip - hence the title :-)

We left Layton, Utah at 8.01am, not bad for wanting to leave at 8 !

It was really funny to hear the GPS state, 824km (512m) on I-80-W :-)

I took the first stint and was shouting out when a photo opportunity came up, as there was a lot of snoozing going on !

First off was a couple of sleeping dragons - that is what I see anyways, can you?


You might have to squint your eyes at this one, but I do see a dragons head LOL!


Do you see it?  If not, it's still a good photo :-)


Now as we traveled this wonderful llloooong road, Andy got a great photo showing how hot it was - 100f (38c).


We drove past the Bonneville Salt Flats, this is where they do the Land Speed Record testing.  


A photo opportunity for Shannon - she wore this outfit because she wanted to be comfortable for the long journey.  I love her in this.


Not such a great photo opportunity for Emily :-(  I think she was over tired, or maybe Andy said something to her LOL!


And of course the obligatory face or two.  This one even has eyes in it LOL!


These two, you do have to look, but they are there.



We encountered two storms on the way along the I-80-W, this dust storm.  Never seen one up close and personal, let alone drive through it!  And a torrential rain storm, glad Andy was driving through that one!



See, very long road :-)


So, our final aim was to arrive in Vallejo, California before 8pm and we made it.  Arrived at the hotel at 7.38pm - hooray!

Tally of miles 734 (1181km) yesterday.  Total now stands at 2988 miles (4809km) end of day 8.

Today we are off to Golden Gate National Park and Muir Woods, San Francisco.  

We then end the day at our next hotel, in Merced, California ready to visit Yosemite tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments and following our journey.

Happy Hump Day.

8 comments:

  1. That is indeed a never ending road! And I see the sleeping dragons! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust storms are so not fun. We hit one on our trip out west last year. I love the sleeping dragons!! The first one could kinda look like an alligator head, too (see, now you've got me looking for faces!!). Beautiful pictures of your gorgeous daughters!! Safe travels :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muir Woods- one of my favorite places! We went there on our return trip from Hawaii for our honeymoon (now 21 years ago). We've been back over the intervening years, but not recently. I can't wait to see pictures.

    I love how you find the faces. I've noticed them before on long drives, but you find them everywhere! Keep it up- we want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a long hot ride. LOVE all your rock face and dragon pics. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Karon, thank you for sharing you photo's I am enjoying it so much. It looks like you had to travel very far. Enjoy your holiday with your family and have a safe trip. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karon! Happy to hear that you guys have made your "neverending" miles safely and finding so many cool faces on the way, wow. I love the dragons and also think some of the dragons look like crocodiles, especially the fist two! Welcome to California :):):) You're only about 300 miles from my home town. Hard to believe it's already day 8, time flies, when your on the road. Thanks for taking us along!!!
    You'll love Yosemite, have fun.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  7. In your first picture I see a crocodile (or alligator - never could tell the difference) sleeping above the terrain. Happy continued journeying.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...