Monday, 28 July 2014

It's time!

Yep, it really is time!

I have decided to have a sort out of my craft room.  I seem to do this every 6 months or so, although this time, I really do mean sort out.

I have been inspired by Tracy of Tracy's Treasures.  She is going to be, in her words, "defunkifying" (I love that word) her craft room and she did a great starter video.  And I thought hmmmm - maybe I should do that too!

Now, I have to admit that I bought a new video camera - for the purpose of using it in my craft room but as of yet have not been brave enough to use it!  That was about 4 months ago.  The girls have had a play with it, for some school projects and I figure, that if they can do it then so can I!

I am not sure how it is going to go and if you tech savvy people our there use a good editing program for videos please let me know which one!  It has to be pretty straight forward, although I am sure I will be able to call on my girls to help if needed.

I did have a play with the video yesterday, and did a tour of my craft room.  However, when I watched it it actually made me feel sick - too much motion!  I need to try it again and what I found was, I was using the screen as my direction, so was pointing at stuff with the screen and not the camera eye.  Learner driver LOL!  So I will ditch that video and try again today :-)

I don't think I am going to change the layout of the craft room, as I really do like it at the moment. But I know I would like some different storage if possible - I feel a possible Ikea visit coming on!

I will endeavour to do the video over the next couple of days - of the current state of affairs in my crafty corner of the basement.

And then hopefully show you as I make progress.

So, nothing to share with you today, but I will be back soon :-)

Happy crafting/sorting and defunkifying.

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you're doing via video. Christina Thomas (www.creationswithchristina.com) just redid hers and there's videos. She's an Ikea fan. Also, check out Jennifermcguireink.com for storage and craft room tours. You fit right in with these talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha looking forward to this video should be interesting.xxx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minds also needs to be tidy up, LOL!
    After doing all those calendars I have tons of scraps and pieces laying just everywhere and still haven't had the time to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be that time of year lol. I'm just beginning to clear out/ revamp my studio after the work that was done last week. I don't think I'll be brave enough to do a before video, but I might try doing one once it's all done, as well as pix. I look forward to seeing yours and good luck!

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your video and craft room changes.
    My craftroom needs a HUGE clean up right now but I'm having too much fun enjoying the time to craft. lol.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting. You are braver than I when it comes to technology. Maybe someday.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck. Hubby bought me a video camera in 2010...I never made a video. Just use it for videos of grandkids. No stress and all the video with them is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After you finish your defunkifying, can you come defunkify my craft room?? It so needs it...I have things stacked everywhere and it's just a huge mess. I can't wait to see your progress!! Good luck and have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really look forward to the tour Karon. I find it so hard to part with old supplies, you never know, one day it could have a use! Not what you wanted to hear when your about to defunkify..lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Karon,
    Have fun with your reorganization project. I just did it, it took some time, but feels great ♡
    Good luck with the video taping,too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karon, I'm very excited to hear you might be making videos:) I use iMovie since I have a Mac laptop and it's pretty use to use and especially since I'm not to techy either LOL!! It gets easier once you keep making videos, I'm still an amateur but I'm still trying. I'm starting one of my first videos on a series that I'm doing to clean and organize my craft room. I do this every so often too and it was about time this year. I can't wait to see your craft room and videos on your creations:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I defunk my craft room now and then. It still needs more but I'm afraid to get rid of too much stuff. You'll do great with the video. It just takes practice and don't be to hard on yourself. We aren't Hollywood actors or producers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, you like my word "defunkifying" eh…so do I, teehee.
    I can't wait to see your room!!!
    You should have a program to edit your videos on your computer or laptop.
    Just keep it simple, don't over do it or you will get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...